Rare team matchups

11 hours ago, BrianLion said:

although based on the schedule format of the time, it would've happened NINE times that season. 

That's why I said Year. Plus, at that time both teams already had some sort of alternate. I would have to find photos from every game to figure out the exact amount of games worn per uni. 

• Like 1
packchampionslfroh.png

On 1/20/2017 at 1:10 PM, KDubK414 said:

According to the Mothership, the only Year these two uni's matched up.

IMG_3710.JPG

Definitely an underrated Brewers set.

Interestingly, the 1997-99 "M" caps aren't offered at the Miller Park team store. The Motre Bame caps are on sale, but I probably had the only M cap in the park the day I was there.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, bwburke94 said:

Definitely an underrated Brewers set.

Interestingly, the 1997-99 "M" caps aren't offered at the Miller Park team store. The Motre Bame caps are on sale, but I probably had the only M cap in the park the day I was there.

Sweet! And yes they are. My first New Era fitted I bought was the M hat. I had a SnapBack Motre Bame one too.                              

19 hours ago, bwburke94 said:

I miss its theme music, for what it's worth.

Here's a great version of that with a little explanation from John Tesh. I love this theme. 

• Like 1
packchampionslfroh.png

Apologies if this one is already posted somewhere, but this one caught my attention:

IMG_5681.JPG

I find it funny too considering both teams are the ones I harp on most in the league for "Arena League-looking datedness". I'd nearly forgotten Arizona had held on a year longer than Atlanta before giving in to the pipingfest themselves.

• Like 3

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

7 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

No, it would have been from 2003. The Cards debuted their new look in 2004.

Actually it was Week 3 in 2004 when they played the Falcons, they debuted the new look in 2005...

2004_Arizona.png

• Like 3

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

57 minutes ago, bwburke94 said:

That matchup looks less "wrong" than I would have expected.

It's one of those sneaky rare matchups that doesn't seem rare, but really was rare.

A similar example:

jason-williams-of-the-sacramento-kings-attempts-to-steal-the-ball-picture-id1729325

Those uniforms actually only coincided for TWO seasons

1 hour ago, chrispw12 said:

Lakers in their classic uniform against the Wizards, looking at basketballreference the teams didn't face each other during the lockout shortened 1999 season so this was the only season they played against each other in those uniforms

I might forward this to the "Players in Wrong Uniforms" thread for Ben Wallace in Wizards blue.

• Like 1

ibgsr9.jpg

san_diego_destroyers_player_sig___qb_wal