Rare team matchups

23 hours ago, 63Bulldogs63 said:

That looks to me more like the brown and orange padres set not the navy orange. Helmet appears brown and doesnt have white/orange SD.

I don't know but on my monitor the helmet looks navy to me. The SD is impossible to tell.

Untitled.png

4 hours ago, Chipper25 said:

I don't know but on my monitor the helmet looks navy to me. The SD is impossible to tell.

Untitled.png

Doing a little more digging I think the wall gives away the year. I believe prior to the change in color scheme the walls at Jack Murphy were green with a yellow HR stripe. After the switch to Navy/Orange the walls changed to blue with an orange stripe at the top.

9 hours ago, Chipper25 said:

Untitled.png

It's the brown helmet. When they went to navy they switched the S to white and left the D in orange. In the brown and orange set the whole logo was orange. There's clearly no white in the logo. 

The other clue is the word mark. The Blue set used a white outline and an orange drop shadow. The brown set used an orange outline and a brown drop shadow. It's clearly the latter in that photo. 

• Like 1

PvO6ZWJ.png

On 8/9/2017 at 11:18 PM, 63Bulldogs63 said:

That looks to me more like the brown and orange padres set not the navy orange. Helmet appears brown and doesnt have white/orange SD.

True, but might I just say, both teams look awesome in that pic. The Expos should never have stopped wearing light blue roads, and the Padres looked good in brown and orange, and also in blue and orange.

On 8/15/2017 at 10:33 PM, Typhoon said:

2003 Denver Broncos vs Cincinnati Bengals

According to Gridiron Uniform Database, this is the first and only time the Bengals wore all black under their previous uniform set. 

Man I really miss this old Bengals look. 

IMG_6374.JPG

IMG_6375.JPG

They actually wore it twice. Game 1 against the Broncos and Game 16 against the Browns. They lost both and then changed looks to their current goofemups the next season. 

Jon-Kitna.jpg

The black pants made for a surprisingly good look. That whole season I wanted them to try the pants on the road with the white shirts, but they never did. 

• Like 3

PvO6ZWJ.png

2 hours ago, McCarthy said:

They actually wore it twice. Game 1 against the Broncos and Game 16 against the Browns. They lost both and then changed looks to their current goofemups the next season. 

Jon-Kitna.jpg

The black pants made for a surprisingly good look. That whole season I wanted them to try the pants on the road with the white shirts, but they never did. 

One of the best looks in NFL history, perfection.

• Like 2

On 8/15/2017 at 10:58 PM, BJ Sands said:

I'm not a hater of the current set (just lose the white side paneling and it'd be fine), but the previous Bengals set was perfect.

Except for not having an orange alternate. Bengal tigers are orange with black stripes, not the other way around. I agree with you that they were MUCH better than what they currently wear, though - not even close. 

10 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

Except for not having an orange alternate. Bengal tigers are orange with black stripes, not the other way around. I agree with you that they were MUCH better than what they currently wear, though - not even close. 

To be fair, the previous set was designed in the pre-alts era. I doubt an orange alt can work in that set without a few minor tweaks - maybe I should make a concept to show how it would look.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bwburke94 said:

To be fair, the previous set was designed in the pre-alts era. I doubt an orange alt can work in that set without a few minor tweaks - maybe I should make a concept to show how it would look.

Go for it! I'd love to see that.

• 3 weeks later...