Rare team matchups

On 1/5/2019 at 5:25 AM, SabresRule7361 said:

Image result for saints panthers 1995 november

oct-1995-carolina-quarterback-kerry-collins-stands-in-the-pocket-the-picture-id236208?k=6&m=236208&s=612x612&w=0&h=O4wEvmqPLP7gikthCNszdJPVM_8DeFlXqDofFpiisL8=mandatory-credit-craig-jonesallsport-picture-id230810?k=6&m=230810&s=612x612&w=0&h=3hAmVyFr1nXWrDjL1KrJz1FT1GHZkPJY1O6WvAZ-sBM=

The 1986-1995 Saints set played the Panthers in Carolina's expansion season and both of their games that year had this specific uni matchup.

Saints overhauled their unis one year later.

Man I wish the Saints would go black/gold more often. It looks so much better than the all-black look.

• Like 8

the user formerly known as cdclt

On 12/3/2017 at 8:19 PM, johnnysama said:

1986_MIA_1.png?6171 -vs- 1986_NO_2.png?6171

Again, no game action pics, but these two uniform sets met just once in 1986 (last year for that Dolphins set, before they added the Dolphin logo on the sleeves, and the first year for that Saints set, w/ the Louisiana state insignia on the sleeves).

Some video for you of the match-up.

• Like 2

UBwef0L.png

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure if it's been posted, and if I can find literally anything of higher quality I'll post it, but Islanders in their fishsticks-designed uniforms against the black-and-red Sabres.

Would've been even better to find the Gorton's crest Isles but it appears they may have been able to ditch the logo by the time the Sabres went black. 

• Like 1

spacer.png

On 9/22/2017 at 7:55 PM, SCalderwood said:

Here's a really rare uniform matchup.

tampa-bay-shortstop-julio-lugo-slides-un

This picture is from 6/15/05, which was the series finale of a 3-game series of MIL @ TB.  This series was the only time the Brewers in their current look ever played the Devil Rays in their green/black look.  TB never played at MIL during the 7 years that these uniforms overlapped so the home-away reverse of this is a "matchup that never happened," which I find kind of surprising, even with it being an interleague matchup.

Sidenote, Hideo Nomo pitched for the Devil Rays in this game and earned his 200th career victory, I guess I wasn't following the league closely that year because I definitely don't recall Hideo Nomo ever pitching for Tampa Bay.

Here's another thing I'm sure you've forgotten (because even Brewers fans barely remember that it happened).

00d7b1b4-3af4-4e5a-ae81-529d32ea186d-GMT

• Like 2

20 hours ago, NicDB said:

Here's another thing I'm sure you've forgotten (because even Brewers fans barely remember that it happened).

00d7b1b4-3af4-4e5a-ae81-529d32ea186d-GMT

Oh, we remember. Big bounce back year with the Crew than off to Detroit for too much money.  Solid Uni though. Love the simple German M on the hat

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, dbofox said:

Oh, we remember. Big bounce back year with the Crew than off to Detroit for too much money.  Solid Uni though. Love the simple German M on the hat

I always thought they got rid of those unis way too soon. They've aged incredibly well, IMO. While the current unis have aged terribly.

But it's all a moot point when the 1982 fauxbacks are probably the best they've ever worn. And it's clearly what the fans prefer.

• Like 2

On 1/5/2019 at 1:35 AM, johnnysama said:

?app=portal&sig=51bb5d0af651d7aec4a10085

The 2015 Browns set met the 2013-17 Jaguars set just once, in 2017.

You know that tweet that goes viral every year around the Super Bowl showing “when the NFL stopped being fun” through the standardized logo? Yeah, this photo just screams Post-Fun NFL

• Like 4

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12