NHL Teams 3rd Jersey Concepts! (Edmonton Oilers Added 5/28/13)

MrWonka

Jerseys in this thread:

Colorado Avalanche

Pittsburgh Penguins

Calgary Flames

Anaheim Ducks

Boston Bruins

Los Angeles Kings

Nashville Predators

Edmonton Oilers

These next concepts I will be bringing you (first time posting on the site) is from a template I recently made, so there are still some bugs I'm working out as I go a long, and as I upload these keep in mine I love listening to constructive criticism. But I cannot change these jerseys anymore since they are long gone from their original .psd file! Hope you all enjoy!

The first 3rd Jersey is Colorado Avalanche.

Colorado Avalanche 3rd Jersey

- With this jersey being my first one with this template, you could say I was a beginner with it. I actually didn't realize it until after I finished that it had a nice hint to the Nordiques, but that wasn't my plan going into it. Rather just create an icy feel to the jersey.

- This recieved a Concept of the Week nomination on HockeyJerseyConcepts.com!

COLORADO.jpg?t=1369197918

- Tell me what you think, and hopefully I can upload a new one soon. Can't wait to hear your response!

Maybe I'm a little brainwashed but being from Buffalo and having the Sabres basically start that, I always kind of liked the idea. And with there just being two colors and a little emptiness I threw it out there and gave it a shot.

I really really like this concept! There's nothing about it I dislike. The ice blue is a nice touch. Recoloring the logo to the same ice blue is what really makes it stand out and gives the whole jersey that icy feel, like the logo was frozen or entrapped in ice. The theme behind your concept was well executed.

I really really like this concept! There's nothing about it I dislike. The ice blue is a nice touch. Recoloring the logo to the same ice blue is what really makes it stand out and gives the whole jersey that icy feel, like the logo was frozen or entrapped in ice. The theme behind your concept was well executed.

Thank you! I always have to keep in mind we all have different opinions. I honestly think this is a decent jersey. I think I could've done more to it, but hey as long as some people like it, I consider it a success!

The bottom zig zag design reminds me of Charlie Brown. But I think it looks good overall. Very nice color and great template. And I do like the number on the front.

It definitely was a risk for me to put the number on the front, but I think it is a really cool idea to have the number on the front, whether it be on the waist or right below the logo I think it looks nice.

Next up for this thread is the Pittsburgh Penguins!

Pittsburgh Penguins

- For this concept I wanted to keep some of Pittsburghs traditional hem striping but also make it original. Only being 17 years old I've never seen the Pens play with a gold jersey, and with the black and gold color scheme I think one would look amazing.

- One thing I would change about this concept would be the slant of the arm stripes. Right now it looks like Pittsburgh should have a 'V' in the name or something related to the 'V'. In my opinion I should've had less rotation on the stripes.

- Also making the white stripe on the arms stand out a bit more.

- Other than that I think this concept would look great on the ice, especially with Crosby wearing one, I'm not a fan of the kid, but boy is he a hell of a player.

PittSet.jpg

Hope you enjoy, and I can't wait to hear feedback on both jerseys I've created so far!

Yes to gold. Too many teams in the NHL stick with black, red, or blue. If the Penguins went in this direction, I might even buy some merchandise hate them a bit less.

Yes to gold. Too many teams in the NHL stick with black, red, or blue. If the Penguins went in this direction, I might even buy some merchandise hate them a bit less.

I agree with that. I really dont like that...burnt gold they have, or unsaturated, whatever you call it. I love the bright gold, and please get rid of the cookie cutter reebok jersey.

Next up Calgary Flames

Calgary Flames

- For this concept, honestly, I was taking a huge risk. I didn't want the Flames to have a retro or simple styled 3rd. I wanted the burnt look to it, and I wanted to incorporate flames into it. This is my ending product. This one, honestly I'm ready for some criticism on because quite frankly, I will never think a NHL team will wear something like this ever. Oh well. I'm ready for what you have to say!

Calgary.jpg

If you were to make the logo, numbers and captain letter a different colour and put the stripe that's on the sleeve, along the body of the jersey instead of the flames it would make it so much better in my eyes.

I like the creativity on the jersey flames though.

IbjBaeE.png

Next up for this thread is the Pittsburgh Penguins!

Pittsburgh Penguins

- For this concept I wanted to keep some of Pittsburghs traditional hem striping but also make it original. Only being 17 years old I've never seen the Pens play with a gold jersey, and with the black and gold color scheme I think one would look amazing.

- One thing I would change about this concept would be the slant of the arm stripes. Right now it looks like Pittsburgh should have a 'V' in the name or something related to the 'V'. In my opinion I should've had less rotation on the stripes.

- Also making the white stripe on the arms stand out a bit more.

- Other than that I think this concept would look great on the ice, especially with Crosby wearing one, I'm not a fan of the kid, but boy is he a hell of a player.

PittSet.jpg

Hope you enjoy, and I can't wait to hear feedback on both jerseys I've created so far!

Wow

NIce striping. Congrats. Nice concept.

I would go a bit farther a make that shoulder patches white ouline as thick as the other stripes.

But, those who know me know I like things out of the box.

Next up Calgary Flames

Calgary Flames

- For this concept, honestly, I was taking a huge risk. I didn't want the Flames to have a retro or simple styled 3rd. I wanted the burnt look to it, and I wanted to incorporate flames into it. This is my ending product. This one, honestly I'm ready for some criticism on because quite frankly, I will never think a NHL team will wear something like this ever. Oh well. I'm ready for what you have to say!

Calgary.jpg

The 80s Canucks have a bone to pick. LOL

Canucks14.png

Next up Calgary Flames

Calgary Flames

Calgary.jpg

The 80s Canucks have a bone to pick. LOL

Canucks14.png

haha yes they do!

Next: Anaheim Ducks

Anaheim Ducks

- For this concept, I wanted to bring back the old Mighty Ducks logo. Why? because it's great. At the same time though I didn't want to just take the old jersey and just switch the colors...I wanted to make a new design. While it has hints of the Ducks current jersey design, it's also it's own design, which I like.

- One error in this concept I want to correct (I can't now) is to match the Hem stripe with the arm stipes. I accidentally left it the original way and forgot to switch back. ALWAYS TRIPLE CHECK CONCEPTS....I learned my lesson.

Any way, tell me what you think!

Anaheim.jpg

Time for another team! This time, the Boston Bruins!

- For this concept, obviously is supposed to be kind of based off of the Winter Classic Jersey. I really liked the logo, and switched the vintage white to pure white.

- I think this is a fairly conservative concept. Classic design with a classic team. It's really a hate or love relationship when it comes to these types of jerseys! Tell me what you think!

Boston1.jpg

Archived