MLB throwback/special uniform thread

ThorSkaagi

Well, it took several decades before they settled on an official spelling of the city's name (Milwaukie, Oregon was named after the Wisconsin town before they formalized it).

Guess the skipper's throwing back to one of those earlier times...

Ah, I see it now.

Like this classic:

zimmerman-natinals002.jpg

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess this counts as special. It certainly counts as unusual.

On Tuesday, July 23 2013, Reds played a doubleheader at Giants. Giants were the home team in the first game only. The second game was a make-up from a game rained out in Cincinnati, therefore the Reds were the home team. According to the Reds' website:

Reds clubhouse assistant Josh Stewart doesn't remember having to pack home uniforms for road trips in his 20 years with the club, but the Reds brought the same uniforms they wore Sunday against the Pirates in Cincinnati to San Francisco in anticipation of their two-game anomaly against the Giants.

The Reds will be the visiting team in the first game at AT&T Park, wearing standard grays. Then for the second game, the clubs will play a makeup game for their Fourth of July rainout in Cincinnati, making the Reds the home team in San Francisco. They'll change into their red alternate jerseys with white pants, topped off with their road batting practice hats, which Stewart also said have never been worn outside of BP.

CK3ZP8E.jpg

They'll change into their red alternate jerseys with white pants, topped off with their road batting practice hats, which Stewart also said have never been worn outside of BP.

Not true. They wore them May 11 against the Brewers.

201305111734632955476-p2.jpg

With those Que Lastima jerseys

Go A's!

1969 throwbacks in Oakland.

D3EB1ADE-D08F-4B7E-AE43-1FE297319446-3400-000002E2B99EF136_zps2f16181a.jpg

Not only did the A's players all show off their exquisite 'rups, their equipment manager also had the vests trimmed to match the cut of the 1969 vests (unlike post-1993 vests that fit like regular jerseys with cut off sleves). I like that extra attention to detail.

Not only did the A's players all show off their exquisite 'rups, their equipment manager also had the vests trimmed to match the cut of the 1969 vests (unlike post-1993 vests that fit like regular jerseys with cut off sleves). I like that extra attention to detail.

Before the complaint pops up. He explained during the pregame that he tried to get batting helmets, but when MLB changed to the new helmets right before the season. He was told there wasn't enough time to get throwbacks helmets even though he requested it 6 months ago.

He also talked about how much he loves vests and thinks the A's may experiment with it sometime in the next few seasons. His idea is a green pinstriped vest. So he mentioned who knows we might see that some time.

5994736127_c919880617.jpg

20899768053_5ff571c8fc.jpg21520909095_58cb3890d9.jpg

Before the complaint pops up. He explained during the pregame that he tried to get batting helmets, but when MLB changed to the new helmets right before the season. He was told there wasn't enough time to get throwbacks helmets even though he requested it 6 months ago.

He also talked about how much he loves vests and thinks the A's may experiment with it sometime in the next few seasons. His idea is a green pinstriped vest. So he mentioned who knows we might see that some time.

That pinstriped vest sounds ugly. I'd like to see them use a white vest with their hat logo on it. That would look sweet!

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

So not Ebbets Field (although they still may have supplied the patches).

Under Armour has this faux-flannel textured doubleknit, maybe they supplied the Marlins jerseys or another company is cutting in on their action.

I know this was a little while ago but the Faux-Flannel texture is just sublimated doubleknit. No propriatary technique or fabric just the first ones to do it.

Archived