More proof we need to overthrow the NCAA!

Burkell007

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tank, do you even understand what Communism is?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Why should the NCAA care that an athlete washed their car on campus?

Because she used the schools water and hose, which in their eyes constitutes a hand out. Therefore she was ordered to repay the school the $20 that they estimate the water/hose cost.

Makes total sense to me. :therock:

jNTsTyQ.png

i mean the rule is "anything you use/get cause your a athlete" so how is this not something anybody else could do on there own??? i mean ill go use UNCA's water and my own hose and prove my point???

Really? She has to pay back $20 because she used the school's water to wash her car.

Isn't she a student at the school? She has every right to use it for her needs like... Oh, I dunno, washing her damn car!

It makes no sense for the NCAA to come down on anyone for something like this. Doesn't matter if this girl was at Portland or at Alabama.

If the NCAA were Communist, they'd have more respect for their labor.

Perhaps it is more like fascism. But the NCAA should sanction itself because it has lost 'institutional control.'

^This.

97uyh0.jpg

Bruh check out my last.fm

And my Rate Your Music

Fantasy Teams: Seattle Spacemen (CFA)

Signature credit to Silent Wind of Doom

Really? She has to pay back $20 because she used the school's water to wash her car.

Isn't she a student at the school? She has every right to use it for her needs like... Oh, I dunno, washing her damn car!

It makes no sense for the NCAA to come down on anyone for something like this. Doesn't matter if this girl was at Portland or at Alabama.

yep the water for sure is accessible to every student the hose might be as well.......ahhh wait the NCAA wants her to buy a car wash with the BIG ammount of money they give every athlete, now i get it!!! :therock:

More importantly, it is theft. Yes, the student-athlete stole water.

If you replace the "student-athlete" with a fraternity brother whose house is next door to a university building with a water bib, not only would there also be restitution but at least some honor code violation would be coming if not criminal charges.

yep the water for sure is accessible to every student the hose might be as well.......

Actually, neither were. That report doesn't make it clear but others have.

Using school facilities not available to all students is, and ought to be, a violation of NCAA rules.

but my point is that is is available to all students, if u rent a house water is yours right??? if you go to college, the water you use is part of your room and board right???

yep the water for sure is accessible to every student the hose might be as well.......

Actually, neither were. That report doesn't make it clear but others have.

Using school facilities not available to all students is, and ought to be, a violation of NCAA rules.

but my point is that is is available to all students, if u rent a house water is yours right??? if you go to college, the water you use is part of your room and board right???

Since you have never set foot on college, the water in the drinking fountains and restrooms is yours to access. The water that comes out of hoses for landscaping and washing university vehicles is not.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived