Bad weather football games

mad43dog

The 2009 FCS Semifinal Game of Appalachian St. @ Montana was played in decently heavy snow and was a great game too, I might add. One of the best football games I've seen at any level. Couldn't find any still pictures, but the last few minutes of the game are in the video below.

sport-scarf_vikes_zps08004021.png

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2005 Oregon vs Oregon St., Civil War

WAOOMCHJZZYGDOZ.20051120031730.jpg

JWALJBMPNEIGFSU.20081126183217.jpg

82132191_13c07aa604_z.jpg?zz=1

That felt like one of the coldest days ever in eugene. We made a bee line straight to the bar after the game for some warm brandy. Another ten minutes and a St. Bernard would have had to deliver it to me.

The Michigan-Ohio State "Snow Bowl" in 1950, featuring 45 combined punts (the only TD was on a blocked punt):

hunter-11-25-art-gl4anaf9-1photos-of-the-century-poc---nov--1950-file-photo.jpg

The 1982 AFC Championship between the Bengals and Chargers - air temperature was −9 °F (−23 °C), with a wind of 27 miles per hour, for a wind chill factor of −59 °F:

Freezer+Bowl+OTD.jpg

And finally, this has already been mentioned, but the Bears-Eagles "Fog Bowl" in 1988 was incredible:

Fog_Bowl_1988.jpg

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

vikings_zps3b1b6483.jpg

The Vikings v. The Browns 1970 ... There were some great games in old Metropolitan Stadium.

VikingsRams60s_zps15cd4b22.jpg

The Vikings v. The Rams late 60's

Vikings491969_zps83a6d68f.jpg

The Vikings v. The 49'ers 1969

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

Ball state vs bowling green 2006 (those pants were white when the game began, not brown)Bowling-Green-kicks-a-dud-in-the-mud-against-Miami.jpg

Actually that is Bowling Green vs Miami in the MAC Championship game held in Bowling Green in 2003. Ben Roethlisberger's last season with the Rehawks. Also the last MAC Championship game at a school's site before it was moved to Ford Field in 2004.

"Roll Along"

Ball state vs bowling green 2006 (those pants were white when the game began, not brown)Bowling-Green-kicks-a-dud-in-the-mud-against-Miami.jpg

Actually that is Bowling Green vs Miami in the MAC Championship game held in Bowling Green in 2003. Ben Roethlisberger's last season with the Rehawks. Also the last MAC Championship game at a school's site before it was moved to Ford Field in 2004.

My mistake I meant to say miami, but this was a regular season game in 2006 I'm positive

I cannot believe we have not mentioned this yet, The Tuck Rule Game.

Actually someone did earlier, but yes this is the first game I thought of when I read the thread title.

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

"My mistake I meant to say miami, but this was a regular season game in 2006 I'm positive"

After 2nd thought, you are right it is from 2006. The last game before they installed turf the following season. If I re-call correctly the game I was reffering to was also bad weather, but I think more on the cold side.

The game I was mistaken for.

http://www.toledoblade.com/BGSU/2003/12/05/Roethlisberger-leads-rout-BG-gets-bowl-bid.html

"Roll Along"

"My mistake I meant to say miami, but this was a regular season game in 2006 I'm positive"

After 2nd thought, you are right it is from 2006. The last game before they installed turf the following season. If I re-call correctly the game I was reffering to was also bad weather, but I think more on the cold side.

The game I was mistaken for.

http://www.toledobla...s-bowl-bid.html

A year or two later the same two teams played in a crazy fog bowlfogbowl_large_medium.jpgCouldnt even see what was going on

THIS was the ultimate to me when I was living in OKC in 1985. The year OU won the MNC, Thurman Thomas as a sophomore. Listening to this on the radio and hearing all the changes of environment from the 1st Quarter to the end. I remember seeing on the Pat Jones show the next week Thurman in a massive thermal blanket trying to get his circulation going again on the locker room floor during halftiime. Even OKC got hit by that and hearing the changes on our roof made me feel the cold. And surprise that they got shutout 13-0.

PersonDivided-2-1.png

• 3 weeks later...

Sunday night in Guelph

eskimos940-8col.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

• 1 month later...

AluminumBowl2_f.jpg

The 1956 Aluminum Bowl (NAIA National Championship game) between Montana State and St. Joseph's of Indiana in War Memorial Stadium in Little Rock.

The conditions were so bad that there were only three pass attempts the entire game and it ended with a 0-0 tie.

Montanans regularly freeze their tails off in the middle of November to watch the Cat-Griz game (we don't call it the "Brawl of the Wild.) The *warmest* kickoff temperature for that game was 67˚. Coldest 2˚ (before wind chill.)

Archived