Bad weather football games

mad43dog

53 minutes ago, leopard88 said:

The Ravens and Vikings played on the same day as those Redskins-Chiefs and Eagles-Lions games.  The last three minutes of the Ravens game were absolutely insane.

That game was the worst.  The best. The worst.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, OnWis97 said:

That game was the worst.  The best. The worst.

Funny.  I remember it the other way around :P . . . except you could probably also add two more adjectives  -- best, worst, best, worst, best.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

On 2/4/2015 at 9:13 AM, Buster said:

The Cheifs murdered the Redskins in a 2013 game. Jamaal Charles and Dexter McCluster were somehow unaffected by the rock-hard field of ice. They ran at a speed 10 notches above everyone else!

NFL_2013_Week_14_Chiefs_at_Redskins_1st_

NFL_2013_Week_14_Chiefs_at_Redskins_1st_

20131207+Skins+Snow.jpg

Charles!

2013-12-0812_29_00.gif

McCluster!

2013-12-0811_09_14.gif

McCluster AGAIN!

2013-12-0811_33_02.gif

I know I'm late to this party, but the second McCluster is wearing 35, not his usual 22. Is that actually a different player, or did Dexter have to switch jerseys at some point that day?

1 hour ago, MCM0313 said:

I know I'm late to this party, but the second McCluster is wearing 35, not his usual 22. Is that actually a different player, or did Dexter have to switch jerseys at some point that day?

Might be a blood jersey, I don't see a NOB

On 8/19/2016 at 5:58 AM, I<evin said:

Detroit vs. Philadelphia 2013 1st half is a gem...

calvin-johnson-face-full-of-snow.jpg

On 8/19/2016 at 7:50 AM, jmac11281 said:

I am about 10-15 minutes away from Philly and I remember I was on the road that day. A 30 minute trip on the highway turn into a slipping and sliding commute of about 2 hours. It came out of nowhere really. But it was fun to see that game on TV.

I was actually at this game. Before the game, it was just flurrying. My friend and I went into Xfinity Live, and after maybe an hour, there was already at least 8 inches of snow on the ground. By the 3rd quarter, I was actually shaking from how cold I was (I didn't wear a coat...just a hoody. I know I'm an idiot.)

Surprisingly, the drive home wasn't bad. The traffic at Philly's sports complex is always terrible, but I was expecting a several hour drive home. It probably took me an hour and a half.

7 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

The second guy doesnt have the same hair as McCluster...#35 was Quentin Demps. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 8/20/2016 at 6:25 AM, Shumway said:

I was actually at this game. Before the game, it was just flurrying. My friend and I went into Xfinity Live, and after maybe an hour, there was already at least 8 inches of snow on the ground. By the 3rd quarter, I was actually shaking from how cold I was (I didn't wear a coat...just a hoody. I know I'm an idiot.)

Surprisingly, the drive home wasn't bad. The traffic at Philly's sports complex is always terrible, but I was expecting a several hour drive home. It probably took me an hour and a half.

Is this the game where both teams went for two every time they scored instead of kicking extra points?

2007: Browns v. Bills

I was at this game. Heavy Lake Effect Snow fell from before the game through the third quarter, and then let up a bit to finish the game. About 30,000 made it to the stadium that day. Winds were 20-30 mph, and it was brutal in the upper deck on the south side. The wind swirled around the stadium like a cyclone. How Phil Dawson made two field goals is beyond me. Browns won, 8-0

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2014/11/cleveland_browns_vs_buffalo_bi_6.html

On 8/20/2016 at 8:25 AM, Shumway said:

I was there as well. At that time I was living in Queen Village about 10 mins away and bought tickets at about 11 AM on Stubhub for about 25% of face value. Took a cab down to the stadium and by the time of kickoff you couldnt see a damn thing, even on the Jumbotron. You just sort of watched the players reactions to try and tell what the hell was happening.  Fun 1st half and then the Lions turned back into the Lions and forgot how to tackle LeSean McCoy. 

8 hours ago, BrianLion said:

I was there as well. At that time I was living in Queen Village about 10 mins away and bought tickets at about 11 AM on Stubhub for about 25% of face value. Took a cab down to the stadium and by the time of kickoff you couldnt see a damn thing, even on the Jumbotron. You just sort of watched the players reactions to try and tell what the hell was happening.  Fun 1st half and then the Lions turned back into the Lions and forgot how to tackle LeSean McCoy. 

Failure to tackle LeSean McCoy was essentially the theme of the game for all three times I've seen the Eagles and Lions play (twice in Philly, once in Detroit...likely a fourth [second in Detroit] this year)

Archived