New Royal Canadian Mint Logo

BigBubba

419025_10152280673546564_587196000_n.png

Meh. I really don't like how the large circle in the bottom-right effectively gets rid of one of the leaf points (as opposed to using small circles like the 10 other points). I think I made a collage with the same idea out of pennies and Elmer's glue back in Grade 4.

Here's the old logo for reference:

royal-canadian-mint.jpg

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

wait, is that circle with the script a logo in itself? Because, um... wow

And if those are supposed to represent coins, they are vastly disproportional and just look awkward.

I really don't like it, and I really liked the old logo.

DON'T TALK TO ME ABOUT HOCKEY

There is something about the new wordmark that I like, but I just can't pin it down. Don't like the new logo at all, for the previously-mentioned reasons. Looks like something that would be used in an optical test for colourblindness...

boat.gif

I can haz sig?

There is something about the new wordmark that I like, but I just can't pin it down. Don't like the new logo at all, for the previously-mentioned reasons. Looks like something that would be used in an optical test for colourblindness...

boat.gif

it's a car right? ^

It's a schooner.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

That logo isn't great by any means, but the word mark is terrible. I get that they were trying to include both the English and French terms, but that does not lend itself to being read at all.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

I think the logo is an accurate reflection of the currency itself... Both have been devalued to ridiculous levels. Before 1974 every dollar created was borrowed from our own central bank interest free... Since 1974 it's been loaned out by a privately owned corporation disguising itself as a federal entity known as the Federal Reserve Bank at interest. Here is a graph showing how our debt has skyrocketed since then...

0yb0.jpg

Archived