Side Street Signs

trenshaw

I think it would like much better without the white droplets that is supposed to represent rough texture i assume. Keep it clean, since (I also assume) you want your clients to think you do clean crisp work not rough work.

Also - i don't think you need the pole behind the sign. Besides (and i never say this) it looks like a big silver penis.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

I think it would like much better without the white droplets that is supposed to represent rough texture i assume. Keep it clean, since (I also assume) you want your clients to think you do clean crisp work not rough work.

Also - i don't think you need the pole behind the sign. Besides (and i never say this) it looks like a big silver penis.

ROFL I think that might say more about your brain that the design itself.....then again I kinda do see a penis too, but you may have brainwashed me.

I like the logo. I wouldn't get rid of the pole because the logo would be way too bland and lack anything interesting without it. I also like the rough splatter effect over the whole thing which gives it a realistic, 'our-product-survives-the-day-to-day-wear-and-tear-and-still-looks-good' vibe which is quite nice.

I was thinking of suggesting using some green in the circle outline, but I'm not sure that would work...it does need something to make the circle pop out a bit more than what it does. Have you tried ever so slightly darkening the inside of the circle behind the sign to a very light grey? Just to give it a tiny bit of contrast which it lacks atm. (not sure how that would fit in with the location text, but try it maybe). You might need to darken the pole to make it stand out if the grey in the circle is too close to being the same.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

Also, when do you see a pole in the middle of a street sign? Should be all the way at one end.

Slide it over, give the sign a little perspective. I'm also not sure that the texture reads as "our product stands up to the elements" when you've splattered the circle as well.

Curious about the company, though. You make street signs, or all kinds of signs?

Also, when do you see a pole in the middle of a street sign? Should be all the way at one end.

All the time. But maybe thats a New Jersey thing?

I know most freestanding ones in San Diego are also in the middle. You'll see them at one end on things such as lamp posts or traffic lights where they don't have their own pole.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Hmm. That's weird - means you don't have double-sided street signs in San Diego? Anyway, still looks off to me.

Maybe I'd knock "signs" down to its own level and smaller, so as to not give it the same weight as the other two words.

There are double-sided signs. They're "pinched" on each side to create a gap between the sides:

511808011_ca707b8a54_z.jpg

And this is what they look like in a lot of towns in NJ (a lot, not all...):

melanie.jpg

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Archived