Sports Graphics Packages, Historically

On 5/28/2018 at 8:59 PM, RETROJR79 said:

Only thing they did is they changed the scoreboard 

The one that's sitting up top like always or the ones that show before/after commercials?

By the way, the special graphics they use in the Final is beautiful, even though it's based on the old/current NBC set

Ihmgl03.pngVZ6sbGD.png

On 6/5/2018 at 2:41 PM, TheBigFiz21 said:

The one that's sitting up top like always or the ones that show before/after commercials?

By the way, the special graphics they use in the Final is beautiful, even though it's based on the old/current NBC set

I like it too hope it not just for the Stanley Cup I would love to see the graphics next season on NBC 

On ‎3‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 4:00 AM, TheBigFiz21 said:

Turner got a new set for their March Madness coverage. Looks great, and I love the "memories" written on the floor.

Also, from the looks of it, CBS and Turner have integrated the "official" tourney logo. The graphics that they've had since 2016 remain though.

I do wonder...what's the purpose of the audience section if it's only available for Selection Sunday (at least, I assume)

BosxcN0.jpg

qwU09Ao.jpg

cAZabEn.jpg

TWzM544.jpg

No matter how good your graphics are you can never ever go past a white board.

Logano wins BOWL before Chargers.

7 minutes ago, CitizenTino said:

Fox is using the worst font for team names in its World Cup score bar that I have ever seen, and it isn’t close.

Because FIFA is in charge of the graphics, not Fox. Otherwise it would be the same package they use for NCAA and MLB broadcasts. 

• Like 2

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Someone was complaining about the "O" in the abbreviation for Morocco looking bad. i had to explain it was an A.

15 hours ago, CitizenTino said:

Well, then boo on FIFA for using the most illegible font in the history of sports graphics.

• Like 2

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Heads up for whoever can share it, but the HOF game is on, which gives us our first look at the new graphics post-SB. It is as beautiful as it was on SB Sunday. Also, interesting to see they had to angle the Ravens logo in the scoreboard, which they didn't do in past packages.

Ihmgl03.pngVZ6sbGD.png

7 hours ago, TheBigFiz21 said:

Heads up for whoever can share it, but the HOF game is on, which gives us our first look at the new graphics post-SB. It is as beautiful as it was on SB Sunday. Also, interesting to see they had to angle the Ravens logo in the scoreboard, which they didn't do in past packages.

NBC has hit a home run with their new SNF graphics, IMO. I think the new scorebug is by far the best out of all four networks currently.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, simtek34 said:

Apparently ESPN still uses the old Vikings, Buccaneers, Panthers, and Browns logos in the intro to NFL Live, and I just noticed this now somehow.ExX3kYL_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Hard to tell, but the Chargers and Lions may be out of date too. What annoys me is when they have the Vikings old and new logos on the screen at the same time.

• Like 1

In the broken record category, NBC's still not converting to the SNF graphics full time as the EPL starts with the usual graphics.

Did NBC spend all that time and energy on a package to only be used on NFL telecasts or are they just taking their sweet time to implement it to everything else? Not that it's a bad thing as both look great and are better than their big 4 counterparts, just odd how they've done this rollout given in the past they do them all at the same time

• Like 1

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

21 hours ago, RyanMcD29 said:

In the broken record category, NBC's still not converting to the SNF graphics full time as the EPL starts with the usual graphics.

Did NBC spend all that time and energy on a package to only be used on NFL telecasts or are they just taking their sweet time to implement it to everything else? Not that it's a bad thing as both look great and are better than their big 4 counterparts, just odd how they've done this rollout given in the past they do them all at the same time

As clean as the EPL scoreboard is I wouldn't want them to use the NFL graphics.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

21 hours ago, RyanMcD29 said:

Think they did and since FOX now doing Thursday Night Football they could've used the TNF graphic. The new SNF graphic would've been perfect for NHL