Sports Graphics Packages, Historically

On 6/5/2018 at 2:41 PM, TheBigFiz21 said:

The one that's sitting up top like always or the ones that show before/after commercials?

By the way, the special graphics they use in the Final is beautiful, even though it's based on the old/current NBC set

I meant before commercials reminds me of ABC Saturday Night Football graphic 

On 8/11/2018 at 1:51 PM, RyanMcD29 said:

In the broken record category, NBC's still not converting to the SNF graphics full time as the EPL starts with the usual graphics.

Did NBC spend all that time and energy on a package to only be used on NFL telecasts or are they just taking their sweet time to implement it to everything else? Not that it's a bad thing as both look great and are better than their big 4 counterparts, just odd how they've done this rollout given in the past they do them all at the same time

The graphics on the HOF game will only be used on SNF.

• Like 1

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

ESPN started using a new ticker this morning...it's now two lines of info on the screen instead of one single streamline of scores, news, etc.

Also, it's split into two sections; the left side has all your stuff as usual, but the right hand side is pretty much ad space for anything ESPN is promoting, from their app to any games, shows airing later on. My biggest fear though is that other companies may take advantage of that to promote their stuff, as I don't like how ubiquitous ads are these days.

Overall,it's a nice update for a bottomline that I thought could have been left alone for 8-10 years.

• Like 1

Ihmgl03.pngVZ6sbGD.png

On 8/20/2018 at 3:09 AM, TheBigFiz21 said:

ESPN started using a new ticker this morning...it's now two lines of info on the screen instead of one single streamline of scores, news, etc.

Also, it's split into two sections; the left side has all your stuff as usual, but the right hand side is pretty much ad space for anything ESPN is promoting, from their app to any games, shows airing later on. My biggest fear though is that other companies may take advantage of that to promote their stuff, as I don't like how ubiquitous ads are these days.

Overall,it's a nice update for a bottomline that I thought could have been left alone for 8-10 years.

I'm liking the new ticker. The ad space is a little distracting, but overall I think it's a nice look. I do wish that they would stack the team names vertically when showing each score. The old ESPNews ticker from 2008-2013 was the best of all time, IMO. Just get rid of the scrolling text portion below:

• Like 1

On 8/27/2018 at 12:23 AM, Tracy Jordan said:

I'm liking the new ticker. The ad space is a little distracting, but overall I think it's a nice look. I do wish that they would stack the team names vertically when showing each score. The old ESPNews ticker from 2008-2013 was the best of all time, IMO. Just get rid of the scrolling text portion below:

Kind of a shame that ESPNEWS got rid of that on air look.

• Like 1

This is bothering me a lot. 

So I am watching Washington-Auburn on ABC, and so far the entire game has featured the bright yellow space telling viewings that Oregon State-Ohio State is on ESPNEWS. And it is right under the score bug. WHO THOUGHT THIS WAS A GOOD IDEA?! ESPN really needs to fix their Bottom Line.

20m492.png

• Like 4

20 hours ago, RyanMcD29 said:

The more I see the new BottomLine, the less I like it

(and to continue to beat the dead horse, no, NBC didn't give Notre Dame Football the SNF graphics, either)

Them changing down and distance to yellow when Michigan had the ball was confusing. Lots of folks thought penalties were being called since that's where the flag reminder pops up.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, Mr. Krabs said:

Bump.

I'm hoping the NHL on NBC will have some refreshed graphics next month with what we're seeing tonight. I think they will look good for hockey.

I agreed especially during a Power Play or a Goal. It'll also look good on NBA & MLB if they were on NBC