billman29

Sports Graphics Packages, Historically

Part of getting old is feeling like it's always the run-up to the Olympics.

NBC's Olympic logos seem much better than what the IOC foists on the public.

BUMP

I really hope NBC fully switches to the graphics they have for Wednesday Night Hockey intros and commercial breaks. It just looks totally visually dissonant with both of them in use at the same time.

With the new ESPN NBA scorebug....why do they put the logos for NBA but it's just a bland, team-colored box for college? They put the team logo for every other sport. 🤷‍♂️

Score changes result in a logo flash.  So they're not always missing from the screen.

Hmmm, that's kinda cool, I guess. Shows how much basketball i actually watch though. 😏

Remade a couple of CBS logos from the 1980s.  Not the best, but I had a project that needed to get done and couldn't find these anywhere.

cA2Vos5h.png

mL8HpqJm.png

Edited by SkyHook71
Imgur issues

Still no change at NBC Sports with the Graphics for the Winter Classic so far. Could the new one on SNF really be NFL Only?

44 minutes ago, simtek34 said:

Still no change at NBC Sports with the Graphics for the Winter Classic so far. Could the new one on SNF really be NFL Only?

It is.

This could be the last time we see this current NFL on CBS set that's been used since Super Bowl 50. 

12 minutes ago, insert name said:

This could be the last time we see this current NFL on CBS set that's been used since Super Bowl 50. 

Has anybody heard anything about this? I wonder if they'll do a slight tweak to the scorebug like they did in 2013 or if they'll do a revamp of the entire graphics package...

14 hours ago, Tracy Jordan said:

Has anybody heard anything about this? I wonder if they'll do a slight tweak to the scorebug like they did in 2013 or if they'll do a revamp of the entire graphics package...

I feel like if they do anything, it's just gonna be a slight tweak to the scorebug. I feel like the current graphics are fine so why bother changing it.

Also out of all the networks, CBS usually keeps that season's normal graphics. They changed it up in 2016 and 2013, but they had the status quo in 2010, 2007, and I believe 2004 as well

I'm thinking tweak. Probably a new opening and some new intertitles but the same lower thirds.

If CBS does unveil a new graphics package for the Super Bowl, I expect to see something "shinier". For some years now, we've seen sports graphics become simpler and flatter. Compare FOX graphics from 15 years ago to this season and you'll see a monumental difference. However, NBC bucked the trend last year with their new package featuring gradients and shadowing galore. I believe that this will be the first in a trend back in the direction of fancier scorebugs. If CBS does make this change, then I think we will be seeing changes in that direction all throughout the world of sports.