Sports Graphics Packages, Historically

5 hours ago, Zeus89725 said:

Sorry it's in a video, but I was too lazy to actually screenshot it.

MSG has got new graphics for the Isles, Rangers, Devils, and Bruins this year. Here are some examples.

I assume you mean Sabres?

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, TheBigFiz21 said:

2016 MLB season has started, but it doesn't look like the Fox Sports locals have upgraded to reflect what we saw in Super Bowl LI. Maybe we'll only see the new graphics on the national Saturday games and the postseason?

The FS1 broadcast from Wednesday night looked the same as last year, so maybe it's just the Fox Network broadcasts, if anything, that will be updated.

3834694136_f375c335e2_o.jpg3833900697_df7864756a_o.jpg

On 4/7/2017 at 4:58 PM, Matito said:

The FS1 broadcast from Wednesday night looked the same as last year, so maybe it's just the Fox Network broadcasts, if anything, that will be updated.

Can't imagine that would be the case. Ever since 2009, Fox uses the same graphics on both the local and national games. If FS1 hasn't changed, I doubt we would see any changes there or on Fox until the ALDS. Might be another case of what happened in 2011 and 2012 when they needed to upgrade the FoxBox those years.

Ihmgl03.pngVZ6sbGD.png

3 hours ago, OlavoP said:

No soccer yet? I really do prefer the leagues to have their own tv graphics packages instead of who is broadcasting.

Current Premier League:

y90Kgjj.jpg?1
j4mfX4R.jpg

uaBQxB4.jpg

EpPED8M.jpg
MPnBnGq.jpg

XVm6hO7.jpg

TUXzOLV.jpgmqGjPoJ.jpgSnb6ocg.jpgXuNd9IY.jpgwOHH4Ei.jpgp1Oz3o2.jpgPpLZR4W.jpg0XsSQBk.jpg4XKPVTv.jpgk4g8pLa.jpgHsaNyxy.jpgdC7tw4x.jpg
MNGisqM.jpg
DynrXd6.jpg
gjHtHLI.jpg
YPVCCte.jpg
WgSw573.jpg
QePpSeN.jpg

And here's the promotional video created by the firm that designed the new Premier League graphics package DixonBaxi. Very good indeed. 

• Like 1

NpTodZP.png

13 minutes ago, ThierryH14 said:

I have to agree the current PL TV graphics package is pretty spot on. I like leagues having their own identities both on TV and in social media. La Liga's graphics package for this year is pretty eye appealing as well. 

LA-LIGA-V2-PREVIEW.jpg

Love the new LaLiga one as well. I'm planning on making some of those graphics on photoshop and the soccer ones would be the first ones I look at

1 minute ago, OlavoP said:

Love the new LaLiga one as well. I'm planning on making some of those graphics on photoshop and the soccer ones would be the first ones I look at

What are you planning on doing with the graphics once you create them in Photoshop? I am a fan of the PL, La Liga, Bundesliga, UEFA's UCL and Euro qualifying graphics. Serie A needs an update for sure. I wish MLS had an identity package instead of native station packages.

NpTodZP.png

Just now, ThierryH14 said:

What are you planning on doing with the graphics once you create them in Photoshop? I am a fan of the PL, La Liga, Bundesliga, UEFA's UCL and Euro qualifying graphics. Serie A needs an update for sure. I wish MLS had an identity package instead of native station packages.

I have no idea. I do have a plan of rebranding the brazilian league and woul use those as reference but I would make them just for the fun of it, could make a little database thread with the help of others (focusing on other sports as well)

16 minutes ago, OlavoP said:

I have no idea. I do have a plan of rebranding the brazilian league and woul use those as reference but I would make them just for the fun of it, could make a little database thread with the help of others (focusing on other sports as well)

I would definitely up for that. I always wanted to create a league package for MLS. It's one small thing for the league but I truly believe the league would have more outreach if they had their own brand. 

But really is there anything better than football :P

NpTodZP.png

3 minutes ago, ThierryH14 said:

I would definitely up for that. I always wanted to create a league package for MLS. It's one small thing for the league but I truly believe the league would have more outreach if they had their own brand. 

But really is there anything better than football :P

No there Isn't, haha.

I'll try to post some cleaned up Premier League graphics over here

• 2 weeks later...

ESPN's NBA graphics for the playoffs. Reminds me of what they had done for their scoreboards with the packages from 2010-2013 and they would just squeeze in the playoff, conference final acronym logo, or NBA Finals logo to the side. Except here it's left justified to the empty space of the info box. We'll see if it "toggles" this weekend because I wonder how will it display "(team abbv here) leads series #-#"

Kinda like how the seeding is added for each team too, even though I see it being 50-50 in importance when watching a game.

Also, the playoff roundel logo in the replay wipe is unnecessary IMO. Still believe they should have expanded on last year's Finals and carried those graphics over to the regular season.

Screenshot_2017-04-15-16-37-01.png

temp4.jpg

Ihmgl03.pngVZ6sbGD.png

On 4/18/2017 at 6:07 PM, insert name said:

I can understand why ESPN would give Monday Night Football a unique scorebug but why NBA?

If you think about it, it's probably the third biggest thing they have going on the network (at least I would think); I would put MNF and CFB as 1 and 2.

Every other sport behind the NBA in popularity wouldn't even come close....which is probably why the MLB and college hoops games get the SC-based package.

Ihmgl03.pngVZ6sbGD.png

• 3 months later...