Ramseyball Concepts and template-Maybe we could do a contest

rams80

Hi! I have created a fun game called Ramseyball. It is entertaining and played between teams of however many players you wish to have. The equipment includes the Ramseyball, which is a Wilson volleyball with "Ramseyball" written on duct tape that is slapped over the Wilson logo, flags, and time fracture wickets. The game itself is played on some sort of comparatively clear area, but trees, bushes, rocks, and cliffs are acceptable. Stadiums will work as well if you can rent one. The rules are simple. How you play the game is to be made up as you go along (feel free to change the rules as you play depending on the zone you are in-but be aware that you will be penalized for breaking the rules depending on the whim of your opponent), but you cannot play the game in the same way twice. Singing is also a critical factor, and any song is permissible, although anything from Huey Lewis and the News' "Sports" album is discouraged. Scoring is allowed, but it's kind of like "Who's Line is it anyway" in that the points don't matter or may not even be rational numbers.

There is also a Ramseyball song that must be sung before every game.

"Other kids' games are all such a bore!

They've gotta have rules and they gotta keep score!

Ramseyball is better by far!

It's never the same! It's always bizarre!

You don't need a team or a referee!

You know that it's great, 'cause it's named after me!"

(Backup-Singing "Rumma Tum Tums")

Anyway, since this is the concepts forum, I feel like I should discuss uniforms. The Ramseyball uniforms are simple-teams only wear blindfold masks. These masks are not to be questioned as they are integral to the game.

Since I know many of you are enterprising designers, I felt I would provide a sample template for the Ramseyball uniforms, as well as an example of one.

Ramseyballtemplate_zps50fbc2a4.png

This is the uniform of the Chagrin Falls RedYellows

Ramseyballtemplateexample_zpse20e1dfe.png

-------------------------------------------

Anyway, I have ideas for a league and I wondered what you would do with them. I feel teams could be located in a variety of places, and have suggested nicknames for some.

Places include:

San Francisco

Los Angeles

Chicago

Detroit

New York

Boston

Miami

Atlanta

Phoenix

Toronto

Cincinnati

St. Louis

Dallas

Houston

Seattle

Denver

Minneapolis

Washington

Schaumburg

Madison

Indianapolis

Fayetteville

Mississippi Piccaroons

Richmond Rebels

Aledo

Vermont Frost Heaves

"Wyoming"

Hyannis

Abbotsford

Carbondale

Olympia Torches

Havana

Akihabara

Nogales

Quincy

Bowling Green

Chickpea Junction

Moose Jaw

"Springfield" (traveling team)

Bartonville

Allentown

Mexicali

Virginia City

Tallequah

Beardstown

Timbuktu

Kandahar

East St. Louis

Roswell

"Southwest Missouri"

Churchill

Peoria

Please make all of these concepts. And enjoy. The best concept may get something. Or may not. Who knows.

P.S. This is for a school project.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going for the classic black look here with this vintage franchise.

O8QBetm.jpg

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

This is really cool but can you please do Glendale I know it's close to Phoenix but I live there and it'd be cool thanks

Done!

GlendaleCoyotes_zps7c04091f.png

Sounds just like Calvinball..:. And I just got the joke

I assure you this sport is 40% different from whatever sport you claim this is.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Those stripes are too simple for Wyoming. They need to stop playing Original Six dressup. It's a total ripoff of the Montréal Maroons and the Toronto Right Trianglez.

Also, Wyoming should be named the Marinerzzz, Buttes should go to Denver, Jazz should go to Utah, and Lakers should go to Minneapolis.

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

Those stripes are too simple for Wyoming. They need to stop playing Original Six dressup. It's a total ripoff of the Montréal Maroons and the Toronto Right Trianglez.

Also, Wyoming should be named the Marinerzzz, Buttes should go to Denver, Jazz should go to Utah, and Lakers should go to Minneapolis.

I literally cried laughing while reading this.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

#BringBackTheButtes

Going for the classic black look here with this vintage franchise.

O8QBetm.jpg

The G.R.O.S.S. Transmogrifiers AKA the "All Blacks" have a truly classic look.

Today, we are all otaku.

Woah man, this is SO ORIGINAL and SICK! I'm totally getting in on this!!!11!!1

Here's the Kanahadar Indians, my own team that I made up when I was 7.

JokeforCCSLC_zpsbfe20669.png

I made that logo myself, btw. I'll give it to you for $200 dollars if you want. Pretty good deal for all the work that went into designing and drawing a custom logo.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Archived