Ramseyball Concepts and template-Maybe we could do a contest

rams80

london_zps13aef5a5.png

Hmm....it seems like some large cat would be a great nickname for this team with this look. Tigers? Hobbes? Not Jaguars though. The London Jaguars would be silly.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it just me or does anyone else see this thread going into the goldmine in a while, after it dies down a bit...

I'm sorry about that... Can the g-word's new name be:

It that shal not be named?

Is it just me or does anyone else see this thread going into the goldmine in a while...

Yeah, a thread full of these in a couple years so everybody can get the joke:

broken_image_icon.gif

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Is it just me or does anyone else see this thread going into the goldmine in a while, after it dies down a bit...

You just broke the first rule of fight club.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

first off i just realy wanna say that this is such a awesome creative idea and i reallly think you did a great job with the tenplate and everything. the citys you choose are very good. im thinking we can split it up into east, west, and ancient mali city divisions and that way 1 team from each division can play in the champonchip. i thought since you put so much work into this id whip up a concept for chickpea junction considering chikpeas are my favorite food and my favorite legume all at the same time and i also had a realy swell idea. hope you all like!!!!! go marinerzzzzz marinerzzz all the way!!!

9011008435_5d081fee1a_b.jpg

about my concept: i thought that the use of the 28th century font style and the z at the end of ""chickpea''' added some much needed zest to my very zesty concept. thanks for looking everyone.

oh also sorry if its a little sloppy i drunk i gin and tonic whilst making it but it shouldnt be a problum cuz u get the idea and everything

also if this is a contest id like to declare myself the winner. that is all.

25yzwqg.png

I love what everyone has been doing so far. This is really helpful for me. I came up with the idea for a Toronto-based Ramseyball team. They are called the Toronto Huskies, because Huskies are popular yet generic dogs. Also the motto is very appropriate for a team in Canada.

TorontoHuskies_zps095b66ea.png

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I love what everyone has been doing so far. This is really helpful for me. I came up with the idea for a Toronto-based Ramseyball team. They are called the Toronto Huskies, because Huskies are popular yet generic dogs. Also the motto is very appropriate for a team in Canada.

TorontoHuskies_zps095b66ea.png

Love the use of the copperplate font. I know people will get mad at me for saying this, but I love that font, even though it's used on everything.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

cuz i hit my last concept out of the park i concluded that i would be depriving you of pure graphic in-genius if i didn't do another concept so here goes nothing

moose jaw saskatchewanians

9012499100_9fd0d374ce_b.jpg

explaination: well i went with saskatchewanians for the Nick name cuz moose jaw is in saskatchewan (duh). but this concept has a much deeper meaning than that. its predominantly white cuz of all the snow up there. the moose jaw is pointed out for clarification. many fonts are used to reflect the diversity of the people of saskatchewan. the pretty saskatchewan flag is used cuz its pretty just like the Providence it represents. the canadian national anthem is used in its entirety to show that saskatchewanians are also loyal canadians and cuz they like to sing, which will prove perfect when they play ramseyball. finally the star of david is used cuz my friend david went to saskatchewan and realy liked it not cuz many jewish folks live there or anything. see?!?!?! it does have a really deep meaning!!!! look at all that meaning i just typed!!!!1

thanks for looking again and i expect lots of c+c or else ill keep bumping this thanks

25yzwqg.png

Here is the Beardstown Facials. I wanted to give them a fierce look, beqause their owner would be fierce towards people who dont hav brown hair. That's why i made the beard brown, because if you don't have brown hair, you can't play for the Facials. also the teeth strike fear into the hearts of opponents and make them run home to their moms.

beardstown_zps06003b27.png

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

the citys you choose are very good. im thinking we can split it up into east, west, and ancient mali city divisions and that way 1 team from each division can play in the champonchip.

But what about the Namibian team? Will they be placed in the ancient Mali city division? I do love the idea of your 3 divisions though. Highest 3 participation levels go onto the final. Great!

WyomingBrownBears_zps2f722286.png

By the way, love the way this is shaping out! My first concept is for another "Wyoming" team. I decided to call the the bears. You guys are using all of the boring names that all the proffesional teams use, like chickpeas and saskatchewanians, so I thought that I would go a bit outside the box. Now I think that we should have a vote, because mine is no doubt the best Wyoming Concept. One defining feature about this, is that the number of teeth on the bear represents how many championships the team has won--- 0. I know I'm amazing, no one needs to tell me. I'll be back with another soon. Bye.

Next, we have a logo that is all my work. I really loved the name olympia torches from first glance. I bet you guys don't get it. It may not have been intentional, but olympia torches sounds like Olympic Torches!!!! You know, the olympic torch? Here's a brief overview: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olympic_flame‎. So anyways, here's my concept.

Olympictorches_zps35af49b5.png

My favourite part is that the big circle creates an O. Then, I put lympia beside it. I also did it backwards!!!

bump. what the hell y no c+c?????

Wow, that's prety good. a few tings tho.

the colors suck. you should go with Volt black and silver. moose is such dumb mascot, they are the Sakachawaniens not the mooses. and canada is dumb n flowers are for girls. This is a manly sport. no girls allowed lolz

you need to statr the hole thing over again because you suck, k?

can u plz do one with all my favorite teams after? thx lolzzzzzz!!!!!1!!!11!!!1!!1

Oh, n look at my cool new signeture

NY-CC506_SPRTS__G_20130108174114.jpg

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Archived