New University of Arizona football facemasks

AndrewPF

I saw a photo this morning of new facemasks to be used by the Arizona Wildcats. I figured this deserved its own thread, because there's something unique about these. Something I'd never seen before. The "A" logo is integrated into the facemask itself.

eT48iB1.jpg

It looks like there's another, although I don't know if this one is an alternate or a scrapped concept:

dWt6682.jpg

Does anybody know more about these kinds of masks, or have any opinions on the concept of integrating logos into masks?

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope Arizona isn't actually using these, it looks like something a pop warner or high school player gets his mommy and daddy to buy for him so he can stand out. Last time I checked, Football is a team sport. I also can't see why a player would want a big ass "A" in front of his face, it really looks like it would add weight to the front of the head and make for some awful sightlnes.

I saw a photo this morning of new facemasks to be used by the Arizona Wildcats. I figured this deserved its own thread, because there's something unique about these. Something I'd never seen before. The "A" logo is integrated into the facemask itself.

eT48iB1.jpg

Does anybody know more about these kinds of masks, or have any opinions on the concept of integrating logos into masks?

These have not been and likely will not be approved for game use. They are purely for show/display.

943241_154304938082532_1677990376_n.jpg

There's No way anybody would allow this. This could legitimately injure somebody. I can see it now...

..... if you're just joining us, Braxton Miller has been taken to Columbus General Hospital Where He's being treated for a stab wound suffered in the first quarter of today's game. Miller was incapacitated after being stabbed with a FACEMASK while being sacked by a defensive tackle. The defensive player has been ejected and now faces charges for assault with a deadly weapon.

Stoooopid.

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

College football remains a dog and pony show for sports design lunacy run rampant under the guise of Military-Space-Travel-Materials-Used-For-Football-Herp-Derp-Future-Something.

Yet the facemask is a dangerous area to dance in. It actually serves a purpose, unlike the uniforms.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

They look ridiculous and they'd cut down on visibility so they're also dangerous. That's a good combo, Bad Ass Masks.

I can just see Oregon and HGI working with this company to make some wicked helmets.

Here are some more facemasks that B.A.Masks has made. Sorry for the size of some of them.

tribute-mask-e1362686480837.jpg

bad%20ass%20masks%201.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1370824478489

20120614_jla_sn3_007_extra_large.jpg

943241_154304938082532_1677990376_n.jpg

BLZ6y0BCEAASTyT.jpg

BKNH4TkCIAEHxRa.jpg

BGo-W2FCUAAHUE5.jpg

There is no way in hell any of these designs will see the field. Might as well add some barbed wire or broken glass to them as well for a more intimidating effect.

Also judging by a couple of these photos these products are nothing more than stock masks from schutt and riddell where someone has added some tacky custom welding and recoated.

These facemasks are what happens when you cut off oxygen to just the left side of the brain for a prolonged period.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Where have you guys seen comformation that it's gonna be worn?

"You will wear these masks or die!"

Or did you mean confirmation? (dance)

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

If these see the field, I guarantee you that someone will get seriously injured because of them whether it be physically injured, or just suffering from injured pride.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Archived