Sports Bucket List

monkeypower

What sports experiences you'd like to see/have before you die?

Mine

Be at a Stanley Cup winning game

Be at a World Series winning game

Sit on the Green Monster

Go to a game at Yankee Stadium

Go to a game at Wrigley Field

Go to a game at Madison Square Garden

Do a multi-sport trip in a muti-sport city (ex. Go to Chicago, see Blackhawks, Bulls, Sox and Cubs within the same trip)

Edit: If this topic has been done to death, disregard it and mods delete it or something.

IbjBaeE.png

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like to visit:

Wrigley Field

Old Trafford

Kingsmeadow

Gillette Stadium

all 30 ballparks (in a single year if possible)

Tokyo Dome

I'd like to see:

A no hitter

The Pads or A's win the Series

A Yomiuri Giants game

The Sharks win the Cup

I'd like to catch a HR ball (it took me over 2 decades to get any MLB ball off the field during BP so I figure it'll take me 40 years to get an actual foul ball and I'll probably die catching a HR ball if I live to 100).

I would want to enjoy intense atmospheres more than just be at a stadium/arena, so these are my picks:

FIFA World Cup final, especially if the hosting nation was playing in it

Cowboy Classic

Saints/Falcons game in the Superdome

Red Sox/Yankees playoff game in Boston

Iron Bowl

I was going to try to make a bucket list for favorite teams, but that boiled down to "win" and/or "do not be an embarrassment."

I was extremely fortunate to attend The Masters Tournament because of a friend whose family had passes. If you ever have the chance to go, absolutely do so. The hype was 100% justified, and that food was cheap!

PJU85JF.png

Reno Air Races (what's not to like about fly fast, fly low, turn left?)

reno2.jpg

Oshkosh (officially the Experimental Aircraft Association Fly-in) << not technically a sport I suppose but whatever. I would have given a lot to have been there a couple of years ago for the 75th anniversary of the DC-3. Looked like the Airborne going in over Normandy when a bunch of them flew over Oshkosh in formation.

thelasttime10_dc3_arrival_3502.jpg

NFC Championship game. That might seem odd but I've been to a SB and while it was great, I prefer a meaningful game played in one team or the other's building. Even when the Saints come to Atlanta it's awesome to be in the Georgia Dome.

NASCAR race (just once for the experience and photo ops)

Can't really think of anything else.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

I've said in the other thread what my bucket list is, but I'll guess I'll re-post it.

See the Cowboys win a Super Bowl.

Then my secondary wishes.

Laker and King season tickets.

Attend every Cowboys game in a single season.

Attend a Super Bowl.

Watch a Newcastle United match in St. James Park.

Watch the Monaco Grand Prix in person.

See a FIFA World Cup Final.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Patriots game at Gillette.

Red Sox game at Fenway.

A Michigan vs Ohio State game at the Big House (I've been to a Michigan/UMass game and it wasn't the same :c)

Go to a Hornets game if/when the Bobcats become the Hornets (from what I've read on ESPN, this is probably going to happen, right? XD)

And don't you just LOVE first time posters like me? d:

favorite_teams.png

Attend a Stanley Cup Final game (Game 2, 2011 Finals)

Attend a Stanley Cup Clinching Game

Attend a Capitals Home Game

Attend a Capitals Playoff Game

Attend an FA Cup Game (upcoming vacation next year)

Attend an EPL Game in all 20 stadiums (upcoming vacation next year)

Attend a Champions League Game (Celtic vs Barcelona, 2012)

Attend a Champions League Final

Attend an Old Firm (Celtic vs Rangers) Scottish Cup Game

Attend a Boston Red Sox home game

Attend a World Series game

Attend a World Series clinching game

sport-scarf_celtic-2_zps105bfcbf.png

Attend an EPL Game in all 20 cities (upcoming vacation next year)
As some cities have more than one team, you'd only need to visit a dozen or so to be able to see all 20 clubs play at home. Should make completing this one a little easier. ;)

I'd like to catch a HR ball (it took me over 2 decades to get any MLB ball off the field during BP so I figure it'll take me 40 years to get an actual foul ball and I'll probably die catching a HR ball if I live to 100).

Serious question: You finally catch a home run ball, maybe even during a playoff or World Series clinching game for your favorite team. However, there's an adorable four-year-old in the row behind you, making puppy dog eyes, while his parents encourage him to hold his hands out.

Do you give the ball up? Probably not in a playoff game, but during a regular season game?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Serious question: You finally catch a home run ball, maybe even during a playoff or World Series clinching game for your favorite team. However, there's an adorable four-year-old in the row behind you, making puppy dog eyes, while his parents encourage him to hold his hands out.

Do you give the ball up? Probably not in a playoff game, but during a regular season game?

I wouldn't. Dad can go buy Little Timmy a baseball that he'll likely forget he got within a week. He won't know the difference, anyway. Dad will probably make more of a claim to that game-used ball than the kid will.

When it comes to these toys or other limited-amount giveaways, I'll give that to some kid seated nearby. They'll appreciate them and enjoy them more than most adults will.

But a homerun ball? Kid can go pound sand.....

Attend an EPL Game in all 20 cities (upcoming vacation next year)
As some cities have more than one team, you'd only need to visit a dozen or so to be able to see all 20 clubs play at home. Should make completing this one a little easier. ;)

Yeah I do realize that. I meant to put down "visit all 20 EPL stadiums." Durr

sport-scarf_celtic-2_zps105bfcbf.png

Hell no. I would have waited over a quarter century for any ball from an actual game to say nothing of a HR ball. The kid can do the same. If anything he'll actually appreciate a ball more because of it when he does eventually get one. I've seen it many times with people who get balls as kids, they don't think much over it after a day or two at most while people who get them later in life tend to cherish them.

Hell no. I would have waited over a quarter century for any ball from an actual game to say nothing of a HR ball. The kid can do the same. If anything he'll actually appreciate a ball more because of it when he does eventually get one. I've seen it many times with people who get balls as kids, they don't think much over it after a day or two at most while people who get them later in life tend to cherish them.

Glad to hear it. I think handing caught balls over to ugly kids is among the worst developments at baseball parks. I went to a ton of minor league baseball games as a kid, and wanted so badly to catch a foul ball. However, I knew that I was competing against teenagers and older guys, and I had to expect to get really to get one; the idea that someone would just give me a ball because I was young was impossible.

Children are great in some situations, and it's good that they go to baseball games. However, they're not entitled to free mementos simply because they're young. Nuts to that.

1973+Oscar.JPG

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived