Kramerica Industries

HFBoards Bad Comment Aggregator Thread

3 hours ago, Cosmic said:

bf095bc0-a621-11e3-a531-138b3ea5b14a_fc8

I mean obviously, Ovi not backchecking led to this goal, but what a give-and-go by Stepan there... 

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showpost.php?p=128225175&postcount=62

Big Punisher says Seth Jones was only highly rated in his draft year because he's black. 

A scout once told me he couldn't understand the hype about Jones from the media, when their own people had so many questions. He then went and watched him play and realized why. He found out pretty quickly. Seems nothing has changed.PC crowd strikes again

On 2/16/2017 at 1:06 PM, McCarthy said:

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showpost.php?p=128225175&postcount=62

Big Punisher says Seth Jones was only highly rated in his draft year because he's black. 

A scout once told me he couldn't understand the hype about Jones from the media, when their own people had so many questions. He then went and watched him play and realized why. He found out pretty quickly. Seems nothing has changed.PC crowd strikes again

There are jokes, both from within and without, that the Preds needed a new token black guy for their line-up.

I don't think race had anything to do with him being drafted where he was. The kid has a lot of potential.

20 minutes ago, BeerGuyJordan said:

There are jokes, both from within and without, that the Preds needed a new token black guy for their line-up.

I don't think race had anything to do with him being drafted where he was. The kid has a lot of potential.

I actually couldn't believe he fell to 4th and thought the Avs passed up a great opportunity to shore up a weak part of their lineup while taking a hometown kid. It would've been a great story. If anything I think Jones' background actually hurt him. I've heard a lot of people question his hockey IQ and love for the game because his dad played basketball. 

Mackinnon's a good player, but I think at the end of their careers Jones will be more heralded. I was absolutely thrilled when the Blue Jackets landed him. He's so long, his radius is huge, he can cover a lot of space, and when he wants to he can join the rush and completely eliminate the necessity for the dump and chase and his first pass out of the zone is great. He'll only get better defensively, which is the weak part of his game. Offensively he's right where he should be. He's the PMD I've wanted for forever. 

1 hour ago, the admiral said:

MacKinnon is Ryan Nugent-Hopkins with derpface.

Everyone involved with the Avalanche has a derpface... 

2 hours ago, Brass said:

Almost two years later and we still aren't worthy of this. Anals of time.

That one's almost as good as the one about being a "perineal contender."

The experts at HFBoards are already on top of the Kevin Shattenkirk to the Washington Capitals trade!

To me though... this is a game changer. I'd be furious if I was a St louis fan. But way back in the day Washington got 5 first round picks for Scott stevens. Those picks amounted to nothing. Maybe St louis owed Washington some apology?

Discounting Stanley Cup titles makes that a candidate for "most HFBoards post of all time"

People on HF would trade a cup for a first round pick if it 5 years down the road turned into a good player. 

Risto's was much more reckless than this routine slash.
Just a very unfortunate result for Methot.
Sid's takin' harder whacks on the gloves and i was pissed but i didn't want a suspension.

The "unfortunate result" of this "routine slash" was Crosby's stick removing Marc Methot's finger.

"Why did these fun-hating coaches deny the Best Fans In Hockey the joy of P.K. Subban versus Malcolm Subban in the shootout?"
"because Subban is 0/4 in his career in the shootout"

They didn't say it but I will: the reason a guy in his ninth season has only had four shootout attempts isn't because he's a defenseman, or has proven in practice not to be very good at them. It's racism.

2 hours ago, the admiral said:

"Why did these fun-hating coaches deny the Best Fans In Hockey the joy of P.K. Subban versus Malcolm Subban in the shootout?"
"because Subban is 0/4 in his career in the shootout"

They didn't say it but I will: the reason a guy in his ninth season has only had four shootout attempts isn't because he's a defenseman, or has proven in practice not to be very good at them. It's racism.

I can't tell if this is for real, or "illustrating absurdity by being absurd".

Is VGK's success partially due to the October 1st incident?

The Golden Knights are a highly successful team! They could do anything they wanted to do! And they did! Everybody doesn't work at Taco Bell! They have the highest level membership card in the league! They get sushi! COMPED!

The John Tavares thread on the Islanders' board is a good one if you want to punch yourself in the face