HFBoards Bad Comment Aggregator Thread

PAAAAAAWWWWWWWLLLLLLLL THEM AUBURN BOYS ARE JUST A BUNCH OF CLOWNFRAUDS JUST WAIT TILL WE SHOW THEM BIG TEN YANKEES WHO THE REAL CLASS OF HOCKEY IS TEN YEARS DOWN THE ROAD ROLLLLLLLL TIIIIIIIIDDDDDEEEEEE

SEC Hockey Conference would be bad ass

1. Basketball is not that popular in the SEC (outside of Florida and Kentucky), leaving a vacuum for hockey to fill.
2. SEC club teams regularly draw several hundred - a few thousand spectators per game
3. The speed,violence, and intensity of hockey will appeal to bloodthirsty SEC football fans that want to cheer on their school's , which represent hundreds of years of athletic tradition competing at the highest level of the sport
4. Towns like Tuscaloosa AL, Oxford MS, Starkville MS, Columbia SC, Auburn AL lack viable winter sport entertainment options
5. Athens GA (UGA), Nashville (Vanderbit) can pool from ex Thrashers and Preds' fanbases

6. Selling talented Canadian hockey players to attend prestigious institutions with the hottest women in America, storied athletic programs, relatively easy academics that guarantee high paying jobs(if hockey doesn't work out) and the best party atmosphere of any post secondary schools in the country, will not be difficult.

7. There is still alot of hockey to be played after bowl season.

Imagine a winter classic of Alabama vs Auburn packed out in Bryant Denny Stadium in mid February

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good luck getting people from Alabama to enjoy something that doesn't involve black people not getting paid.

Also, lol at jerking off over "prestigious institutions" and then using an apostrophe in a plural noun. Not everyone can make it to Mississippi State!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

4. Towns like Tuscaloosa AL, Oxford MS, Starkville MS, Columbia SC, Auburn AL lack viable winter sport entertainment options

It's called "run the coach out of town on a rail after the latest 4 loss season or stunning loss to rival."

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

To be fair, the schools wouldn't have much difficulty getting recruits. If I had the opportunity to play the game I love in a place with beautiful weather and even more beautiful women, not to mention the parties, why the hell wouldn't I?

Point 6 is the only halfway plausible thing in that argument. It still doesn't change the fact it's the SEC and hockey in year-round-college-football-rules-everything-and-maybe-baseball-sit-down-Kentucky-with-your-hoops land

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

Good luck getting people from Alabama to enjoy something that doesn't involve black people not getting paid.

Also, lol at jerking off over "prestigious institutions" and then using an apostrophe in a plural noun. Not everyone can make it to Mississippi State!

You always have a very unique way of getting your point across. No one can take that away from you.

Also, an SEC hockey league is probably the worst hockey-related idea I've ever heard. People barely care for professional hockey in the south. No one would give the slightest bit of two :censored: s for non-professional hockey.

spacer.png

To be fair, the schools wouldn't have much difficulty getting recruits. If I had the opportunity to play the game I love in a place with beautiful weather and even more beautiful women, not to mention the parties, why the hell wouldn't I?

The CHL is closer to home, way better for development, and is played in cities where hockey actually matters. Plus, you think these GOOD OLD WSTERN CANADIAN BOYS are gonna wanna party and drink? Tyler Seguin ain't in Plymouth anymore.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

The CHL is closer to home, way better for development, and is played in cities where hockey actually matters. Plus, you think these GOOD OLD WSTERN CANADIAN BOYS are gonna wanna party and drink? Tyler Seguin ain't in Plymouth anymore.
Cherry would have a fit that the GOOD CANADIAN BOYS are going south instead of to the CHL

IbjBaeE.png

To be honest, the possibility of seeing that Don Cherry meltdown almost makes the thought of an SEC hockey conference palatable.

Imagine the hilarity, gentlemen.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Beautiful weather in Alabama? Lolwut???

User "AbsolonMoreau" helps us start the HFBoards Bad Art Aggregator:

Logan Couture 24x36 Inch Oil Painting

Hey everyone,

Been some time since I've done a Sharks painting, haven't really had many orders to do any so that's the main reason. But I finally had some spare time so I had to do one of Logan! What does everyone think of it?
zolx.jpg

I don't disagree that the CHL is better. The SEC schools would be more geared to players already going the US college route.

How is the weather there different from states like Florida, Georgia, or Mississippi?

Well, it's not really beautiful. My friend in Gainesville by way of Miami said winter there is "just kind of cold and gross."

Anyway, I don't want college hockey to expand further. One of the nice things about hockey is that it doesn't rely on the NCAA and all its pseudo-amateur filth. If college hockey does expand signifcantly, it won't affect major-junior as much as it would affect Junior A and the USHL. The best players will always end up in major-junior because that allows for the best showcase of talent, which allows for the fastest track to the NHL. Americans may choose Penn State over the Buffalo Junior Sabres, though.

Assuming Connor McDavid is the next one. Does he have any chance to make the Canadian Olympic team. Lets say he is leading the OHL in scoring at Christmas. He gets on the Canadian World Junior team and rocks at the tournament in December and leads the tounament in points by the end. Is there any chance Stevie Y gives the kid a shot at the Olympic team in February?

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1480811

Don't forget, Crosby didn't even make the 2006 Olympic team, and he had already played in the NHL. This is a kid who's not even eligible for the next draft, but the one in 2015.

How is the weather there different from states like Florida, Georgia, or Mississippi?

It's not. They're all hot, humid :censored:holes.

• 2 weeks later...

"LadyStanley" is inventing people:

Can Fox Sports really challenge ESPN?

http://www.freep.com/article/2013081...114/1053/rss17

Newly hired Regius Philban thinks so. (Even though he's about double the age FS1 is trying to attract.)

"You ever hear of the website, HFBoards? It's a cool website, people post a lot of interesting stuff, especially over the summer, when they're bored..."

- Some guy who was talking to another guy when I was eating something.

Archived