HFBoards Bad Comment Aggregator Thread

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Taking a cue from Patrick Roy and the Avs, "CHGoalie72" wants a Florida Panthers goaltending legend to take over head coaching duties. There's just one problem...

beezer called his players for n-word so he'd be too bad pr

Who gives a ****, every single black celebrity has the need to constantly point out skin color. Hell the Presidential race was won twice with the media focused on skin color alone!

People need to get over it.

Beezer is part of our history, bigger, trigger, digger. It was A mistake. Who gives a ****, he'd be great as a coach here.

I didn't get the part in bold. I thought maybe it was like a variation on "lock, stock, and barrel," so I googled it.

It's not.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Should we dedicate an entire thread to chronicle the comments made by Eklund or can this serve as a dual shrine to the two most absurd sources of hockey transaction proposals on the internet?

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

There's a logo thread going that includes people saying that they never knew the Devils' logo is an NJ, or that the Blues' logo is a music note.

Well I never knew that the internet had stupid people on it

I didn't know that the quoted poster is a Sens fan.

97uyh0.jpg

Bruh check out my last.fm

And my Rate Your Music

Fantasy Teams: Seattle Spacemen (CFA)

Signature credit to Silent Wind of Doom

There's a logo thread going that includes people saying that they never knew the Devils' logo is an NJ, or that the Blues' logo is a music note.

Well I never knew that the internet had stupid people on it

I didn't know that the quoted poster is a Sens fan.

I thought you'd never guess :rolleyes:

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1474609

Do you think NHL need style points for goals. I think there should be judges who give every goal a number from 1-5. Then you count the total number and get the score.

It would be much better than the system now used. For example Patrick Kane would be even better than he is now.

What do you think? This is very hot topic I think and one that need a very wide discussion over the world.

This one's leading the way for me so far. Shakespeare is a close second.

Thanks for exposing me to this guys, I read the Bruce McNall southern expansion thread start to finish and could not stop giggling. What a bunch of numbnuts.

The phrase "grow the game" just rocketed to the top of my list of trite sayings that piss me off. They sure do love that one over there, huh? "National footprint" gets an honorable mention as well... the fact that they lean so heavily on pathos-laden buzzwords like those is as solid an indicator as any about what a bunch of simpletons they are.

"Sens fan here. Came here looking for your opinions of Prout. Seems like a mixed bag. The Sens are in need of a right handed shooting D who doesn't treat the puck like a grenade. What would we have to give up to entice you guys into a trade?"

Okay let me get Jarmo Kekalainen on the phone and you sjc752 can call Bryan Murray and we'll talk about a Blue Jackets-Senators trade.

The trade proposals are absolutely baffling to me especially when they're worded like the poster has any power to pull off the trade.

PvO6ZWJ.png

"Sens fan here. Came here looking for your opinions of Prout. Seems like a mixed bag. The Sens are in need of a right handed shooting D who doesn't treat the puck like a grenade. What would we have to give up to entice you guys into a trade?"

Okay let me get Jarmo Kekalainen on the phone and you sjc752 can call Bryan Murray and we'll talk about a Blue Jackets-Senators trade.

The trade proposals are absolutely baffling to me especially when they're worded like the poster has any power to pull off the trade.

And it's like they're based off of NHL 14 trading logic

-----------

Ducks get Kulikov and Trocheck (who?) for Palmieri, Sbisa, Holland and a 2nd from Florida. How about no

or this

Isles get

Viktor Fasth

Luca Sbisa

Corey Perry

Ducks get

John Tavares

Ryan Strome

2018 1st

2018 4th

conditional 2020 1st

IbjBaeE.png

No, absolutely not, the Sens are due for bad trade the next time we deal with the Jackets.

(From getting Lehner for Vermette, to getting Filatov, then getting Methot, those are good, bad, good, and I don't think we can risk it :P)

Plus, when we can afford to bench Wiercoch, Corvo, or Gryba every game, I don't want to add another d-man, especially since Borowiecki is playing so well.

And it's like they're based off of NHL 14 trading logic

-----------

Ducks get Kulikov and Trocheck (who?) for Palmieri, Sbisa, Holland and a 2nd from Florida. How about no

or this

Isles get

Viktor Fasth

Luca Sbisa

Corey Perry

Ducks get

John Tavares

Ryan Strome

2018 1st

2018 4th

conditional 2020 1st

2018 and 2020 draft picks?! I thought George Allen got that :censored: banned in all the major leagues.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

That's a good question. I don't know how far into the future you can trade a pick.

As for the Ducks trading Fasth, they're going to move one of their goalies, and they're not going to get as much as people think they should, but they'll still get something nice. It's not gonna be, like, Hiller for Evander Kane, but it'll be a nice piece.

As for the Ducks trading Fasth, they're going to move one of their goalies, and they're not going to get as much as people think they should, but they'll still get something nice. It's not gonna be, like, Hiller for Evander Kane, but it'll be a nice piece.

Of the three goalies we have in the NHL right now (Hiller/Fasth/Andersen), I'd pick Hiller as the one to be traded. He's a UFA in the offseason, and really with Hiller there's always been... something. Not something wrong, just something missing. Some sort of edge, I guess you could say. Plus Fasth has another year and Andersen (what a start for him) just signed a two-year extension.

And plus, with the way the Ducks are playing, I honestly have no idea what I would want in return for a goalie trade. When the lineup is completely healthy, I don't know what hole they would try to fill. Our top forwards are fine (Getzlaf/Perry/Penner/Selanne/Perrault/Silvferberg). Our checking forwards are fine (Winnik/Cogliano/Koivu/Bonino). Our young forwards are fine (Bonino/Palmieri/Etem/Maroon/Smith-Pelley/Rakell/Holland). They're a fast and physical group. Defense is fine. Young and ever so promising offensive defensemen (Fowler/Lindholm/Vatanen). Enough size and grit. I guess if anything they would try to get back someone to replace the holes Teemu/Saku would make once they leave (and really, those could be filled from within though. I'm confident in the young group) or get another physical stay-at-home defenseman, but Allen/Beauchemin/Lovejoy have performed extremely well this season, Sbisa just came back, and Souray is coming back down the line.

It's not something they're in any rush to do with the way they're currently playing. They'll sit on this as long as they can and either move one at the deadline to fill any hole that arises or add something for a Cup push (like you said, admiral, a nice piece), or maybe even hold off until the offseason. Nothing needs to be done right now.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I really don't see the Ducks trading a goalie for anyone, for two reasons:

1. They don't need anything until the deadline, to maybe make a Cup run push.

2. Having 3 solid goalies is a pretty damn great problem to have.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

"Mulletman" asks, [sic], "Is California and Florida the best place mentally for a hockey player?"

Is playing in California or Florida better mentally for a hockey player? There's just so many positive things compared to some of the big hockey markets.

First you have the warm weather. Usually people are happier and more positive when it's sunny and warm outside and why would hockey players be any different?

And because there aren't many fans over in California and Florida, the players don't have the same pressure to perform like players over in Canada for example. That means that it's easier for the players to just go out there and have fun when they play and that usually leads to better results.

Plus you get paid the same and there's more hot chicks around which is always nice...

I think this is a big factor in why some of these teams have been doing so good over the last 10 years. Tampa, Anaheim and LA have all won the cup and at the moment we have 4 of the teams in the top 13.

And just look at all the players who have had success when moving to either Florida or California. Thornton won the Art Ross as soon as he came to play in California. Martin St Louis was useless when he played for the Flames but soon after he came to Florida he was like a new man. And he's went on to win 2 Art Rosses after that. The best example is of course Olli Jokinen. He's been basically useless everywhere else except Florida. He's even the all time leader of the Florida Panthers in goals and points.

Canada sucks because Olli Jokinen.

"Mulletman", huh? Shouldn't he be busy circling petitions for the NHL to expand to Yellowknife?

Or maybe he's Gnashville's alt.

First you have the warm weather. Usually people are happier and more positive when it's sunny and warm outside and why would hockey players be any different?

I didn't realize NHL games were played outdoors.

"Mulletman", huh? Shouldn't he be busy circling petitions for the NHL to expand to Yellowknife?

Hello, Stadium Series?

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

Oh, those games have been cancelled due to depression. No word on whether the cause was a chrome-plated chunk of the Islanders logo or the fact that Chicago is cold in the winter.

Hello, Stadium Series?

But... but they haven't happened yet!

*sulks, packs up stuff and goes to post on HFboards*

Archived