HFBoards Bad Comment Aggregator Thread

"Sens fan here. Came here looking for your opinions of Prout. Seems like a mixed bag. The Sens are in need of a right handed shooting D who doesn't treat the puck like a grenade. What would we have to give up to entice you guys into a trade?"

Okay let me get Jarmo Kekalainen on the phone and you sjc752 can call Bryan Murray and we'll talk about a Blue Jackets-Senators trade.

The trade proposals are absolutely baffling to me especially when they're worded like the poster has any power to pull off the trade.

And it's like they're based off of NHL 14 trading logic

-----------

Ducks get Kulikov and Trocheck (who?) for Palmieri, Sbisa, Holland and a 2nd from Florida. How about no

or this

Isles get

Viktor Fasth

Luca Sbisa

Corey Perry

Ducks get

John Tavares

Ryan Strome

2018 1st

2018 4th

conditional 2020 1st

Vincent Trocheck is a pretty good wing prospect.

As much as I love Corey Perry, I would personally drive them all to Long Island if we got that package from the Isles, but of course the Isles would never do that in a million years. Sbisa almost has negative value, too.

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Presenting: THE LOOKALIKE THREAD.... PART 4.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1466133

"SnowblindNYR" presents us with this gem

I think this a bit:

8475692.jpg(RYANMCD29'S NOTE: Different headshot of him, but it's not allowing me to post the original picture)kurt_cobain_rolling_stone_cover.jpg

Oh man... that John Tavares-Juan Martin del Potro one on the first page, too

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

As for the Ducks trading Fasth, they're going to move one of their goalies, and they're not going to get as much as people think they should, but they'll still get something nice. It's not gonna be, like, Hiller for Evander Kane, but it'll be a nice piece.

Of the three goalies we have in the NHL right now (Hiller/Fasth/Andersen), I'd pick Hiller as the one to be traded. He's a UFA in the offseason, and really with Hiller there's always been... something. Not something wrong, just something missing. Some sort of edge, I guess you could say. Plus Fasth has another year and Andersen (what a start for him) just signed a two-year extension.

And plus, with the way the Ducks are playing, I honestly have no idea what I would want in return for a goalie trade. When the lineup is completely healthy, I don't know what hole they would try to fill. Our top forwards are fine (Getzlaf/Perry/Penner/Selanne/Perrault/Silvferberg). Our checking forwards are fine (Winnik/Cogliano/Koivu/Bonino). Our young forwards are fine (Bonino/Palmieri/Etem/Maroon/Smith-Pelley/Rakell/Holland). They're a fast and physical group. Defense is fine. Young and ever so promising offensive defensemen (Fowler/Lindholm/Vatanen). Enough size and grit. I guess if anything they would try to get back someone to replace the holes Teemu/Saku would make once they leave (and really, those could be filled from within though. I'm confident in the young group) or get another physical stay-at-home defenseman, but Allen/Beauchemin/Lovejoy have performed extremely well this season, Sbisa just came back, and Souray is coming back down the line.

It's not something they're in any rush to do with the way they're currently playing. They'll sit on this as long as they can and either move one at the deadline to fill any hole that arises or add something for a Cup push (like you said, admiral, a nice piece), or maybe even hold off until the offseason. Nothing needs to be done right now.

All I know is that I want Sbisa far, far, far away from this team. Just a very dumb hockey player.

Presenting: THE LOOKALIKE THREAD.... PART 4.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1466133

"SnowblindNYR" presents us with this gem

Well, at least they're making the same facial expression.

"Slim Cognito" was a big fan of the 1-3-1:

I absolutely loved it. It was tactical genius by the Tampa Bay Lightning. That video perfectly demonstrates how the system could bamboozle even the most potent offensive teams.

God Bless Tampa Bay Sports. SmileyTBL-1.png

Bamboozled teams into averaging over three goals a game against the Lightning the last two years.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

"viper0220" has some ideas for the Canadian TV rights bidding!

Can the Canadian broadcasters low ball the NHL?
As of right now the NHL is in discussions, with the Canadian broadcasters for tv contracts. Can the big three Canadian broadcasters CBC, Bell, Rogers collude together and low blow the NHL by offering the least amount of money. Can they do this? They get together and they just come up with a plan where they pay the NHL least amount of money for rights, in other words they team up. I mean what can the NHL do?

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

Ohhh Business of Hockey

This gets locked because "Let's start up a new thread when the media actually unearth something. Not even a teensy weensy leak right now."

hfboardsbohlulz1_zps8481d5f2.jpg

This gets posted by The Admiral's favorite mod for no reason SAN JOSE DID A THING! and stays unlocked

hfboardsbohlulz2_zps7138b295.jpg

oEQ0ySg.png

"normalpsychology" has an abnormal approach to franchise location:

good idea. I've long been an advocate for moving the Canadians to Quebec City and moving the Senators to the point in between Montreal and Ottowa.

Canadians is a better name for a team in Quebec because of the alliteration in the first sound of each word. I'm not sure what the team in between Montreal and Ottowa should be called. They could just remain the Senators.

good idea. I've long been an advocate for moving the Canadians to Quebec City and moving the Senators to the point in between Montreal and Ottowa.

Canadians is a better name for a team in Quebec because of the alliteration in the first sound of each word. I'm not sure what the team in between Montreal and Ottowa should be called. They could just remain the Senators.

That's as bad as the dopes who want to put a Wisconsin NHL franchise in Green Bay or Johnson Creek (becuase it's halfway between Milwaukee and Madison... because people TOTALLY want to commute for 1.5 hours after work on a weeknight).

good idea. I've long been an advocate for moving the Canadians to Quebec City and moving the Senators to the point in between Montreal and Ottowa.Canadians is a better name for a team in Quebec because of the alliteration in the first sound of each word. I'm not sure what the team in between Montreal and Ottowa should be called. They could just remain the Senators.

That may be the dumbest idea I've ever read, seriously.

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

good idea. I've long been an advocate for moving the Canadians to Quebec City and moving the Senators to the point in between Montreal and Ottowa.Canadians is a better name for a team in Quebec because of the alliteration in the first sound of each word. I'm not sure what the team in between Montreal and Ottowa should be called. They could just remain the Senators.

That may be the dumbest idea I've ever read, seriously.

Quebec Canadiens is alliteration?

But maybe the Ottowo Sanatars works for him.

Technically, I believe it's consonance, contingent on correctly pronouncing "Quebec" with a k sound and not a q.

That was a pretty meta sentence, now that I look at it.

I started pronouncing it Kebek after hanging out with a group of Canadians on a trip. It always bothered me when people who clearly don't speak Spanish roll their Rs or feign the native pronunciation of something, so I kind of grind my own gears when I say it like that.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Yeah, I'm giving you back the leader of the clubhouse award to your findings after this one

oEQ0ySg.png

Yeah, I'm giving you back the leader of the clubhouse award to your findings after this one

That aged poorly, didn't it.

"viper0220" has some ideas for the Canadian TV rights bidding!

Can the Canadian broadcasters low ball the NHL?

As of right now the NHL is in discussions, with the Canadian broadcasters for tv contracts. Can the big three Canadian broadcasters CBC, Bell, Rogers collude together and low blow the NHL by offering the least amount of money. Can they do this? They get together and they just come up with a plan where they pay the NHL least amount of money for rights, in other words they team up. I mean what can the NHL do?

GUESS NOT

That's as bad as the dopes who want to put a Wisconsin NHL franchise in Green Bay or Johnson Creek (becuase it's halfway between Milwaukee and Madison... because people TOTALLY want to commute for 1.5 hours after work on a weeknight).

"MoreOrr" more like "LessBrains" posted this right after you did:

I think it could be a great idea, but depending on the location, meaning that the result could be very different from one place to the next. Southern Ontario would be an excellent location for such a centrally located arena, lying between a significant number of small-sized cities.

I know it's the NFL, but what about a place like Green Bay, for instance, which lies between nowhere.

Another possible location might be an arena that could lie between Milwaukee and Madison, perhaps closer to Milwaukee but just outside the territorial reach of Chicago.

92ACAD61-C990-638A-AD90DD36016599EE-1218

Archived