HFBoards Bad Comment Aggregator Thread

I like how the 3 other major sports have more than one tier of scoring points.

Uh, baseball doesn't.
I think they mean that you can score multiple points in one scoring play, while in hockey you can only score one.

But regardless, it's still counted as one run per player crossing the plate. That's entirely different from a player scoring two points in basketball and then scoring three points on the next possession because being three feet behind his last shot put him outside of the three-point line.

But still, if someone hits a grand slam, that's four points directly caused by a single act and the defense can't do anything about it. I know things have to be set up for a grand slam, but hitting the home run is still the direct cause and once it's hit, it's four automatic points.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello, darkness, my old friend...

Maple Leafs fan, apparent 51st-stater, and histrionic doofus "rojac" doesn't forgive and doesn't forget. Brackets and boldface mine:

I think the owners [of the four WHA teams] should have been given NHL expansion franchises in non-WHA cities and those surviving WHA cities should not have have been considered for expansion teams for the next 20-25 years. I don't see why fans who supported a league other than the NHL should be rewarded by the NHL. Of course, if Toronto and Montreal were the only Canadian cities with NHL franchises, I would be perfectly happy.

It sickens me that the NHL not only let Winnipeg into the league but then returned there. And then there's Quebec, a city the NHL owners had pretty much forced down their throats to get the 1979 merger and has had not one but two failed NHL teams. If Quebec gets another NHL franchise, there will be a team that I hate more than Winnipeg. Although, I may hate Quebec less if they name a new team something other than the Nordiques or Bulldogs.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Hello, darkness, my old friend...

Maple Leafs fan, apparent 51st-stater, and histrionic doofus "rojac" doesn't forgive and doesn't forget. Brackets and boldface mine:

I think the owners [of the four WHA teams] should have been given NHL expansion franchises in non-WHA cities and those surviving WHA cities should not have have been considered for expansion teams for the next 20-25 years. I don't see why fans who supported a league other than the NHL should be rewarded by the NHL. Of course, if Toronto and Montreal were the only Canadian cities with NHL franchises, I would be perfectly happy.

It sickens me that the NHL not only let Winnipeg into the league but then returned there. And then there's Quebec, a city the NHL owners had pretty much forced down their throats to get the 1979 merger and has had not one but two failed NHL teams. If Quebec gets another NHL franchise, there will be a team that I hate more than Winnipeg. Although, I may hate Quebec less if they name a new team something other than the Nordiques or Bulldogs.

Oh yes, him. Gotta love self-hating Canadians...

tigercatssignature-1.png

Under the lovely topic of "Oilers Major Rebuild."

To Winnipeg
2nd overall pick
3rd round pick

To Edmonton
Byfuglien
8th overall pick(Ritchie)
Frolik

To Phoenix
Eberle
Gagner
2nd round pick in 2015

To Edmonton
Yandle

To Philadelphia
1st round pick in 2015
Fedun

To Edmonton
B Schenn

Oilers going forward-

Hall-RNH-Byfuglien
Perron-Schenn-Yakupov
Pitlick/Ritchie-Gordon-Frolik
Gazdic-Lander-Hendricks

Yandle-Ference
Petry-Nurse
J Schultz-Klefbom/Marincin
On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Under the lovely topic of "Oilers Major Rebuild."

To Winnipeg

2nd overall pick

3rd round pick

To Edmonton

Byfuglien

8th overall pick(Ritchie)

Frolik

To Phoenix

Eberle

Gagner

2nd round pick in 2015

To Edmonton

Yandle

To Philadelphia

1st round pick in 2015

Fedun

To Edmonton

B Schenn

Oilers going forward-

Hall-RNH-Byfuglien

Perron-Schenn-Yakupov

Pitlick/Ritchie-Gordon-Frolik

Gazdic-Lander-Hendricks

Yandle-Ference

Petry-Nurse

J Schultz-Klefbom/Marincin

Umm, well, no.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

"glenngineer" wants to make some changes in the Perds' front office,

I honestly feel we are 1 GM and 2 coaches away from turning this team in to a perineal contender.

Though I fear they would taint the Stanley Cup.

• 2 weeks later...

I like to guess how many posts it takes for someone to reply with "you do realize." It's so smarmy. Makes me want to sing "Do You Realize??" by the FLips but with the words appropriately transposed.

We get tired of pointing out how popular the game is here, how the Sharks have a thriving youth hockey program, host the largest adult hockey league in the US, have been recognized as a model program by USA Hockey.

yeah, we get tired of hearing it from you, too

We get tired of pointing out how popular the game is here, how the Sharks have a thriving youth hockey program, host the largest adult hockey league in the US, have been recognized as a model program by USA Hockey.

Untitled_zpsd4e18f10.png

I'm shocked it didn't go on to become a plea to put the Sharks on NBC all 10 Sunday telecasts

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

Total :censored: named "Puhis" from the Wild board tried to condone Rupp's flying elbow to T.J. Oshie's head:

Well, as a matter of fact, Rupp did what he had to do. There's a very good chance that we'll face Blues in round 1, and Blues with Oshie are a tougher opponent than Blues without Oshie. If we want to go anywhere, we have to use everything and more.

What a :censored:ing :censored:ty thing to say.

I'd have that man tried for treason 'cuz he's condoning severe violence against an American Hero! :flagusa:

but yeah, there are enough people there that can drag it down to cesspool levels. I'm rather glad the Lightning contingent is pretty limited and there aren't blatant nutjobs there. Sure, I disagree with some of the stuff written there but, as evidenced above and throughout this thread, there are far worse subforums there.

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...

I can't wait for the next Patrice Bergeron trade proposal. Because, you know, the Bruins are interested in trading the heart and soul of their team to the Toronto Maple Leafs...

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Front page currently features Marian Hossa for Sam Gagner, Andrew Shaw for Jake Gardiner, Byfuglien for a 1st, and two separate threads proposing Ovechkin for Malkin.

"IWantSakicAsMyGM" has an idea:

I think it's safe to say that the bottom up approach to player safety isn't doing enough to get dirty plays out of the game. Putting the onus on the players to make sure they are hitting players legally, and slapping them on the wrist if they cross the line, isn't doing enough to stop guys from getting hit in the head, or having their knees blown out on dirty plays. The current system for determining when players are fined/suspended for illegal hits needs some tweaking, but that's not the point of this thread.

And, the current punishment system does absolutely nothing to punish the owners who continue to employ guys who injure other players. So, here's my idea.

If a player is suspended for an illegal and dangerous hit, the team forfeits a percentage of the revenue it would have otherwise received for the games that player is suspended, with the percentage depending on the number of incidents for the team in set period of time, or the severity of the action, starting at 5% for a first offense for the player/team.

Repeat offenders are the guys we want out of the league, so I think every time a player is suspended, in a rolling 5 year period, it doubles the percentage. So, second offense for a player makes the team fine an automatic 10% of the revenue. 3rd is 20%, 4th, 40%, and 5th is 80%. This should make it economically too risky for multiple time repeat offenders to be employed by NHL teams.

All money forfeited by the teams goes to youth hockey training, player education and any other programs that can help improve player safety.

Examples -

Brent Seabrook's hit on Backes got 3 games. Seabrook has never been suspended before, and the Blackhawks have 0 suspsensions on the year, so they have to forfeit 5% of the revenue they would otherwise receive from the 3 games Seabrook misses.

Earlier this year, the Leafs had 4 guys get suspended in a 2 month span. So, each suspension would increase the fine by maybe 2%. So, Ashton would have cost the Leafs 5% of the revenue for those 2 games, Kadri would have been 7%, Phaneuf 9% and Clarkson 11%.

Then you get a guy like Matt Cooke. When he most likely gets suspended later today, it will be his 5th suspension in the last 5 seasons. 80% of revenue for however many games he's suspended should be enough of a hit to the wallet that the Wild owners decide that he's not worth the risk going forward, and force team management to either bench him or cut him.

Somewhat unrelated, but Down Goes Brown had this gem of a page on CapGeek as his most depressing CapGeek page of the week in his Grantland article today.

You’re looking at the “Published Rosters” section of the site’s Armchair GM feature. That’s the tool that lets users play around with their favorite team’s roster — adding players, buying guys out, promoting and demoting, signing free agents, and just generally doing whatever they want as long as they can fit it all under the cap. When they’re done, they can choose to make their finished roster available for public viewing.

And the results are heartbreaking. First of all, as you’d expect, the list is made up almost entirely of non-playoff teams, because those are the fans with time on their hands right now. And as you click through, it becomes increasingly apparent that everyone who uses this tool is drunk on hope. It’s just nothing but beautiful dreamers, sharing their unbridled optimism for the future with the world. And it’s awful, because you just know reality is going to come along and brutally crush them.

Check out this Toronto roster, in which the Leafs have acquired Shea Weber and Matt Duchene while using a compliance buyout (which they don’t have) on David Clarkson (who is not eligible). This Canucks fan traded Alex “coming off a five-goal season” Burrows for P.K. Subban. This Devils fan managed to sign just about every free agent, which apparently convinced Martin Brodeur to stick around for just over minimum wage. This Senators fan thinks his team will spend money.

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

Archived