HFBoards Bad Comment Aggregator Thread

I have a feeling this expansion period's gonna provide some gold for this thread in the coming weeks. I'm totally calling someone suggesting a totally unwarranted Sun-Belt market (say, San Diego) or a way too small Canadian market (Saskatoon) being really good expansion ideas with at least six bullet points saying why it is.

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like how the megathread zeitgeist has concluded that "of course the Suns will partner with the Coyotes on a new arena because the Coyotes can fill 41 arena dates". Because the most modern arena for hundreds of miles, located in the heart of the economic capital (and largest population center) of the US Southwest, isn't going to have its pick of concerts/events.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Blue Jackets fan "major major" has that condition called face blindness except with sports logos, evidently.

"The Jackets have been my favorite team for 15 years now, and i never knew we had a hat logo, or that our main logo spelled a "C", until I opened up this thread. I just see generic stars and stripes everywhere."

That blows my mind that someone could be that inobservant.

PvO6ZWJ.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

HFBoards Bad Human Aggregator:

How i think it went down..

Kane and the girl had sex (both wanted it ofc) and after that she thought. "Oh i may get some good money from this if i say that i was raped".

Not really something rare that girls lie about rape, especially if It's famous ppl involved.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• 2 weeks later...

A Stanley Cup still eludes this team. Even a trip to the Stanley Cup Finals still eludes this team, and to some that means they have failed.

Yes.

Oh. There's more.

The San Jose Sharks may not have reached hockey's nirvana, but failures they are not. In their entire existence, the Sharks have only missed the playoffs six times! Not many professional sports teams can claim that.

You say that now, but just wait until the offseason following expansion.

"The Las Vegas Black Knights have only missed the playoffs once in their entire existence!"

And while there are some younger expansion teams who have already been etched into Lord Stanley's prize, they have not had the same amount of success in reaching the playoffs, with the Ducks missing the post season ten times and Lighting missing it fourteen times.

I'm pretty sure the Lightning and Ducks still come out ahead.

I realize the point of a hockey club is to compete for the cup year in and year out, but would I trade what the Sharks have brought to San Jose for what the Ducks or Lightning have brought to their respective cities? Absolutely not.

I would take a Cup over annual playoff disappointment and blowing a 3-0 series lead against your arch rivals. That's just me though. I must not "get" what makes Sharks hockey so special.

The Shark Tank (the unofficial official name for what is now called the SAP Arena) is considered one of the loudest arenas and hardest for a visiting teams to win.

The Kings seem to manage it just fine.

Hockey actually matters here... not just when the team makes a deep run in the playoffs. Every day hockey matters here.

Look guys. It's totes adorbs that soccer moms and tech start-up employees like to make chit-chat about the Sharks. My country put a poem about a hockey sweater on the back of legal tender. Academics actually consider the oldest rivalry between two teams in this country to be a vital component of relations between the two largest ethnic groups of the nation. The Richard Riot was a suggested essay topic in my Canadian History survey course in undergrad.

Try again.

Every day there will be games played at the several Sharks Ice locations throughout the bay area.

The Sharks Ice Adult Hockey League (SIAHL) is the largest adult hockey league in the entire country.

Your rec league is a blight upon the sport.

While the other two California teams can claim a Stanley Cup...

Yes. They can. The Sharks need to stop sucking.

...we can claim undying loyalty... and it didn't take the greatest player of all time to get it.

Wayne winning over LA's fanbase is the reason your glorified suburb has a team. Hockey matters in San Jose! Except when it comes to the basic history of the game.

And we'll be there next season. Because this is San Jose. Shark City, Teal Town, Fin-land if you will.

Go choke on a sushi roll. Or barely bbq'd pig snout. Whichever applies.

And while there are some younger expansion teams who have already been etched into Lord Stanley's prize, they have not had the same amount of success in reaching the playoffs, with the Ducks missing the post season ten times and Lighting missing it fourteen times.

I realize the point of a hockey club is to compete for the cup year in and year out, but would I trade what the Sharks have brought to San Jose for what the Ducks or Lightning have brought to their respective cities? Absolutely not.

This is dumb. Even for this thread, this is dumb. This is "soccer is more important than Shakespeare" dumb.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Mike discussed the Lightning ... DOES THAT MEAN A NEW EDITION OF BOLTS TALK ON THIS WEEKS BASS?!?!?!

God, I've met like 2 stomachable Sharks fans ever.

And in my own personal HF news, I recently unblocked CrazierEddie20 to see if he still has a hard on for mocking me (he does) and now he has a disciple, Sports Enthusiast. The guy who calls himself Sports Enthusiast, posts on a hockey forum but says he doesn't like the NHL, and gets mad when you explain to him how what he's saying actually makes terrible business sense when it comes to the real world.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

we cry teal

This is probably the best way to sum up most Sharks fans when you try to explain to them how irrelevant their team has been throughout most of their existence.

Sporting Venue Count (for games): OHL: 19 (28 Total)- 770 games (after 18-19),

MLB: 13 (15 Total), NHL: 4

Archived