HFBoards Bad Comment Aggregator Thread

Im sorry' date='what?:laugh::laugh::laugh: This is just ridicilous any KHL bottow dweller is way better than any SEL top team.-[/quote']

For those who don't follow Euro hockey or don't know comparative league strengths: this is :censored:ing moronic. To put it in terms easier to understand for Americans, it's like saying an SEC school is automatically better than a mid-major school because of the conferences they're in despite the fact that last season two SEC teams lost to two different Sun Belt teams.

I'd say the SEL (soon to be SHL) is more like ACC or Pac-12.

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's now the SHL but the point still remains. Any KHL bottom feeder would automatically beat a SHL team because KHL is the #2 league while the SHL is in the to five, if not four? Simply because it's the KHL? That's moronic.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

See, you should never venture over to the Entertainment boards. Besides the beyond-hipster level snobbery towards anything, you get huge huge stretches like this

Come to think of it...

A lot of cartoons targeted for kids...

Have some hidden meaning...

And could be quite dark.

One example could be Doug...

Which on the surface could be about a boy who has a wild imagination...

But in reality...

He could be suffering from schizophrenia.

Still...

I might be just digging.

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

That's actually a theory I've heard before about Doug. Granted it was mostly satirical ("WHY DID NO ONE GET HIM TO A SHRINK!") but it's not new. The formatting is the most annoying part of that post to me.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

YOU BROKE MY GRILL????

anyway, heaven sent me a womp womp

Patrick Kane must be the least impressive 1st overall pick of all time. By that I don't mean by his skill level, but he just looks like a comic book geek reminiscent of a young Stan Chistov. Hope for the Hawks sake he works out better...

uniKANENENENE.jpg

he's gonna be a bust, mark my words

uniKANENENENE.jpg

chicago has no business putting this kid in the lineup this year. keep him as far away from an nhl game as possible for AT LEAST the next 2 years. he's a kid in a middle schooler's body. this kid has a long way to go if you ask me as does turris.

uniKANENENENE.jpg

Yeah' date=' Denis Savard is the same size or smaller but there is NOT EVEN CLOSE to the hitting, aggresion or size of players there is today back in Savards day. Being small and thin back then was OK. See old highlights and all guys would ever do is stick/poke check and maybe the odd check (gretz and orr both got leveled I think once). Gretz, Orr, Mess, Anderson, would just wheel around guys like nothing. Todays game is way diff and playing in the NHL at that size is gonna have its consequences for Kane. WOOOOHHH.....kane did good against OHL and World Juniors! Who cares.....those guys are young and weak too (beside a select few) the NHL is way bigger and stronger than it ever was and I can see Kane not sticking it all year or not having a good year at all.....pick one, cause thats whats gonna happen. It isnt the 80's anymore sally!!![/quote']

uniKANENENENE.jpg

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

A "HawksFan50" proposes this:

Well with Rask locked up for 8 yrs at $56 million total, I guess Cc's agent will be demanding that amd more. ..luckily the cap may go up $12 million next yr..leaving about 5 mil to up Hammer and Shaw and Pirri...maybe my Crawmaggeddon not to worry scenario IS again a worry..Hammer on this inflayed cap expansion willget over $5 mill not l

so at least $1.5 mil raise..Shaw probaly gets raised to 3mill and Pirri if he succeeds at 2nd line C also over 3mil. . So very likely tight or somebody homna get

chopped again..

It seems the lockout and cry poor was gor Nothing...owners dpending like drunken sailors..Pretty soon lots of guys willbe making more yhan Crosby or Malkin and the superstars.. Who will pay for this inflation? YOU KNOW WHO..AND TICKET PRICRS WILLONLY BE AFFORDABLE BY RICH COTPS. AND OIL SHEIKHS..

Right back into the mess again..and can we start the bidding on T anK at over $9 mil per plus for 8 yrs? Ya thonk Rpcky will EVER declare a profit if this keeps up? Let us just hope it is a sign and trade.of Kane to Biffalo as the lotto winner in a package to get McDavid in 2015..Then willget him cheap for 3 yrs on anELC before havong to max him on the 2md contract whoch probably willbe 20% of a $90 millipn team cap by then..Stop the Insanity! On a relative badis though ot still makes more sense than giving dome infielder who cannot hit his own weight several million on salary.. Mranwhile.lunch pail.joe cannot ever afford a ticket anymore..so sad but we have exalted players of a sports game into OlympianGods and the stratospheric sakaries it costs to retain such heroes. ANDisn't life great..at least if youare the agent to such heroes.

A "HawksFan50" proposes this:

Well with Rask locked up for 8 yrs at $56 million total, I guess Cc's agent will be demanding that amd more. ..luckily the cap may go up $12 million next yr..leaving about 5 mil to up Hammer and Shaw and Pirri...maybe my Crawmaggeddon not to worry scenario IS again a worry..Hammer on this inflayed cap expansion willget over $5 mill not l

so at least $1.5 mil raise..Shaw probaly gets raised to 3mill and Pirri if he succeeds at 2nd line C also over 3mil. . So very likely tight or somebody homna get

chopped again..

It seems the lockout and cry poor was gor Nothing...owners dpending like drunken sailors..Pretty soon lots of guys willbe making more yhan Crosby or Malkin and the superstars.. Who will pay for this inflation? YOU KNOW WHO..AND TICKET PRICRS WILLONLY BE AFFORDABLE BY RICH COTPS. AND OIL SHEIKHS..

Right back into the mess again..and can we start the bidding on T anK at over $9 mil per plus for 8 yrs? Ya thonk Rpcky will EVER declare a profit if this keeps up? Let us just hope it is a sign and trade.of Kane to Biffalo as the lotto winner in a package to get McDavid in 2015..Then willget him cheap for 3 yrs on anELC before havong to max him on the 2md contract whoch probably willbe 20% of a $90 millipn team cap by then..Stop the Insanity! On a relative badis though ot still makes more sense than giving dome infielder who cannot hit his own weight several million on salary.. Mranwhile.lunch pail.joe cannot ever afford a ticket anymore..so sad but we have exalted players of a sports game into OlympianGods and the stratospheric sakaries it costs to retain such heroes. ANDisn't life great..at least if youare the agent to such heroes.

What the why

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

"NeelyWasAWarrior" is chiseling the Mount Rushmore of hockey, with a notable Tricolore omission (boldface supplied):

look, he was a great player, a HoF player and a very competitive player, BUT Howe, Gretzky, Lemieux and Orr are in a class of their own.

I could see Richard being in the same class as both Hulls, Gartner, Messier...there's nothing wrong with that.

Rocket Richard is in a class with Mike Gartner that's it I'm outta here

Well, that's not too bad. Gartner was a pretty damn good player, just not at a Rocket Richard level. The Rocket definitely should be right behind the Gretzky, Orr, etc. group, but putting him in a group with Mike Gartner isn't even the worst thing on HF I've seen today.

Some guy included Rick DiPietro among the top 5 US players the other day. And even though he was likely trolling, you never know with HF.

Rocket Richard is an iconic figure of a sport and a nation. Gartner was a compiler. I don't see any goddamn money with pictures from a story of how all of us dressed up as goddamn Mike Gartner.

What's also funny is the insinuation that Brett Hull may have been better than his father.

Not a chance.

Oh, I totally agree. They're not close at all, but that post isn't terrible for HF's standards. I've seen people say Messier was better than Lemieux.

I'd wager there are turds there who think Forsberg was better than Lemieux.

spacer.png

It's arguable when you consider the level of competition in Brett's NHL vis-a-vis Bobby's NHL and the WHA. Also, Brett Hull was categorically better at not beating his wife and not hating Jews.

Some guy included Rick DiPietro among the top 5 US players the other day. And even though he was likely trolling, you never know with HF.

Top 5 Most injured players, top 5 Easy Knockouts during fights, and top 5 Players that resemble Russell Brand.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Oh, the Jet is in the Marge Schott/Bill Hicks club of people who went on the record saying that Hitler had the right idea. Also, he beat his wife. If you google "bobby hull hit," the two autofills are "bobby hull hitler" and "bobby hull hits wife." I wonder how many people have achieved this.

The dumpster fire got name-checked in an article about America and its love for corporate welfare. The article itself is nothing new for those of who who have read DeMause and Zimbalist, you know, doesn't create revenue it just diverts it, it doesn't create meaningful full-time jobs, you never get a return on investment, etc, etc.

Known Coyotes fan "XX" chimes in with a Bad Thought to be aggregated:

Sports teams and facilities provide a value beyond the balance sheet. They generate social capital, which is why everyone bothers with these sorts of things in the first place. Take any city that has a strong corporate presence and strip it completely of its sports teams. Suddenly it becomes hard to recruit there, and people start looking longingly at other cities as places they'd like to live. A simple example, but an effective one.

You cannot possibly measure sports as dollars in, dollars out. A library may lose money on paper but we consider such a thing an essential part of any halfway decent city or town. Sports teams and their facilities are no different, although they operate on a much larger scale. There's plenty of commentary to be made about owners making money off of the taxpayer, but that was a deal made with the devil a long time ago.

I get tired of hearing about this.

No, you cannot say that libraries, museums, and the like are "no different" from sports teams. The hypothetical of "removing all the sports teams" is totally useless, and "you need sports teams to have a strong corporate presence" is a cause-effect inversion on par with saying that coughing and sneezing gives you the flu.

But it gets better, courtesy of "TurdFerguson," in this rebuttal to a rebuttal of the above rebuttal:

It's really strange to me that you don't believe sports provide cultural value. I would argue that football holds more cultural value than the entire works of Shakespeare.

The poster doth be an idiot too much.

Archived