MLB All Star Voting Needs Some Re-tooling

8BW14

People bitched about too many SF players in the ASG last year, and then the Giants players basically won the game by themselves.

That time it counted!

This is actually a moot point since the Giants would have had home-field advantage, anyway, in any of the three most noticeable determining factors:

-If HFA was determined at the All-Star Game, as it is right now, the Giants had it for the NL winning the game (current system).

-If HFA was determimed by better regular-season record, the Giants (94-68) would have had it over the Tigers (88-74).

-If HFA was rotated annually between the two leagues, the Giants would have had it over the Tigers, since the NL had the home-field in an even year (past system).

I am not really interested in an argument on your overall premise here (since the rules and ASG are what they are and not the Giants fault), but I think the AL had it in an even year. It was NL in even year prior to the strike of 1994, but then they left it with the NL for 1995. ( I was not certain of this until I recalled 2001 game 7 in Arizona.)

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

People bitched about too many SF players in the ASG last year, and then the Giants players basically won the game by themselves.

That time it counted!

This is actually a moot point since the Giants would have had home-field advantage, anyway, in any of the three most noticeable determining factors:

-If HFA was determined at the All-Star Game, as it is right now, the Giants had it for the NL winning the game (current system).

-If HFA was determimed by better regular-season record, the Giants (94-68) would have had it over the Tigers (88-74).

-If HFA was rotated annually between the two leagues, the Giants would have had it over the Tigers, since the NL had the home-field in an even year (past system).

I am not really interested in an argument on your overall premise here (since the rules and ASG are what they are and not the Giants fault), but I think the AL had it in an even year. It was NL in even year prior to the strike of 1994, but then they left it with the NL for 1995. ( I was not certain of this until I recalled 2001 game 7 in Arizona.)

... and 2002 in Anaheim. And then... it counted.

Archived