Oldest Company Logos in America

rmackman

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

I understand what that they were trying to show logos that had maintained key elements to their design over the years, but to me, if you change the design as much as John Deere and Union Pacific has, then it is not the same logo and shouldn't be on this list.

fP8H4Wf.jpg

I understand what that they were trying to show logos that had maintained key elements to their design over the years, but to me, if you change the design as much as John Deere and Union Pacific has, then it is not the same logo and shouldn't be on this list.

agree...mostly on-topic, there is a great history of the john deere logo here http://www.deere.com...trademarks.page - the mark has changed pretty dramatically over the years...
jldesigns404eo.png

John Deere still has a leaping deer as their logo--sure the colour has been added, and the details have changed--but at it's heart, it's a leaping deer, I'd say it counts for the purpose of the list.

i don't think their intention was to be as detailed or as picky as some of you.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

See I'd be far more interested in what the oldest actual logo still in use is. For that its Johnson & Johnson, and GE and almost Coca-Cola and Dupont.

Still a cool list for sure.

John Deere still has a leaping deer as their logo--sure the colour has been added, and the details have changed--but at it's heart, it's a leaping deer, I'd say it counts for the purpose of the list.

i don't think their intention was to be as detailed or as picky as some of you.

Thats like saying the timberwolves have always had the head of a timber wolf as their logo, so its the same!

pqln6egfczzzkgvyshwoi2ozu.gif

zq8qkfni1g087f4245egc32po.gif

I will disagree on Union Pacific, but only because that article only showed the first logo from 1886. Within about 18 months, the railroad adopted a logo that is nearly identical to today.

For what it's worth, UP's website has a fantastic historical section on their various logos over the years.

http://www.up.com/ab...plogo/index.htm

omhq17a129812003694.gif

omhq17a129812003697.gif

omhq17a129812003699.gif

2002-present

2002_shield.gif

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

• 4 weeks later...

Archived