2017 World Baseball Classic (USA is WBC Champion, 2021 Bracket on bottom of Page 9)

RoughRiders99

On Croatia's bp jersey, shouldn't the top insert also be checkered. You have done that on a lot of other uniforms but i thought you wanted them to look like that: examples are France and Indonesia.

I see what you mean that, but not every team has ALL of their BP panels colored. This is an MLB example. So not every team needs all of them colored/filled in.

These just keep getting better!

Czech Republic: Very clean, very nice. They're my favorite of this sub-group.

Greece: I'm not too sure how I feel about the horizontal stripes on the cap mixing with the vertical stripes of the jersey but it's not a bad concept overall. I'm surprised the socks/stirrups with the white stripes are only used once; I figured they'd look good with any of the pinstripe pants. The jerseys and pants themselves look great though.

Croatia: Finally, someone did something awesome with one of the more unique identities in international sports! Those socks are absolutely awesome. I wasn't sure if you'd go with the checkers for a braid on the pants or jersey to compliment the socks but the look is nice. I gotta say though, as much as I want to like the checkered jersey...the entire look reminds me of a horse jockey. I don't know if it would be better with just checkered sleeves or numbers or something else but something seems off. Especially the hat that goes with it. A great use of the look with the other four though. With such a unique design as the checkers, have you considered using Croatia's spelling of their country for one of the jerseys?

Russia: I love the use of colors in the overall look and I agree with you on minimizing the blue a bit, but with that large 'P' on their hat and with a primary color combo of red and white, they could probably be mistaken for Poland by the casual fan.

I'm still in awe and I can't wait for what's next.

Thanks!! Not sure what I could do with the Russia cap though. But again, since Poland isn't really involved with in my version of the 2017 WBC, it probably wouldn't really matter.

And as for the checkered jersey, you may be right. It might be a little too much, but it is just an alternate jersey. It's not like they are forced to wear it, lol.

---------

Not sure what I'll be doing next, thought. I might make a nice-looking "bracket" to put the logos/uniforms together, or just get started on the Qualifying Rounds.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay guys, here's the "bracket" that I made for the 2017 World Baseball Classic. I know they don't really include the logos I made, but it simply made more sense to use the flags instead.

I've always been fascinated with brackets that also look like "art," if you know what I mean? Instead of simply boring brackets on white papers. So I decided to make one for my own version of the 2017 World Baseball Classic!

Please let me know if I should modify this or leave as it is. I've been considering of adding a text in each box, showing the "format" of each pool, and possibly the dates as well. But I'm afraid it might just cluster up the brackets/groupings.

IYNuw3F.jpg

Here's the format for each round:

Sub-Qualifiers - Round Robin w/Final Game, Winner Advances

Qualifying Round - Pure Double Elimination, Winner Advances (Similar to NCAA College World Series' regionals)

1st Round - Pool Play, Top Two Advance

2nd Round - Modified Double Elimination, Top Two Advance (Similar to the 2013 WBC's Second Round)

Championship Round - Single Elimination

I would absolutely love to hear your feedbacks on this because I've spent a lot of time on this project/bracket! I really, really think it turned out well, but want to get second, third, tenth opinion, if possible!

Thank you!

I love it, but I'd make Qualifier 2 into Qualifier 1 and switch USA and DR since traditionally, Canada, Mexico and USA are in one Pool, looks great though. I f you haven't found a simulator yet, try Diamond Mind Baseball, ESPN uses it for their sims.

although, If it were to stay the same it would be better for Canada, So I'm happy either way. ;)

Also, Taiwan competes as Chinese Taipei

I love it, but I'd make Qualifier 2 into Qualifier 1 and switch USA and DR since traditionally, Canada, Mexico and USA are in one Pool, looks great though. I f you haven't found a simulator yet, try Diamond Mind Baseball, ESPN uses it for their sims.

although, If it were to stay the same it would be better for Canada, So I'm happy either way. ;)

Also, Taiwan competes as Chinese Taipei

Right, I know I'm an USA guy myself, but I kinda want to try to see if Canada could make it this far, so I set it up that way, *winks winks* haha.

And as for the simulator, I may use MLB The Show. There's a guy who made amazing WBC rosters with all of the BEST players on teams (i.e. Stephen Strasburg, Clayton Kershaw, Mike Trout on USA, Yu Darvish with Japan, etc) so I might be using that as a simulator. He created only 16 teams though, so for the "lower-tiered" teams, I might just use a "fake" minor league team or something like that and just run a sim and see what happens there.

If Israel is able to use all of the eligible players who couldn't play last year because it was during the season (Youk, Braun, etc.), they are immediately a much better team.

Good news, the rosters I have in MLB The Show have these type of players on the team (Ike Davis, Youk, Kinsler, etc.) However, Braun is on Team USA.

If Israel is able to use all of the eligible players who couldn't play last year because it was during the season (Youk, Braun, etc.), they are immediately a much better team.

Good news, the rosters I have in MLB The Show have these type of players on the team (Ike Davis, Youk, Kinsler, etc.) However, Braun is on Team USA.

Not good news, Now we have to deal with Israel.

D1itAWg.jpg

The number one team in Qualifier 1 at Salt River Fields at Talking Stick in Mesa, Arizona is Brazil. Brazil made it past the 1st Qualifying Rounds in 2012 to make it to the '13 WBC. They couldn't salvage up any wins against Japan, Cuba and China. So they'll get another try in the the 2016 Qualifying Rounds.

lUkUY6U.jpg

The number two team in this pool is probably the favorite in this group, Israel. They were also the favorites in the 2012 Qualifying Rounds, but lost in the finals against Spain who made it to the '13 WBC.

4fzJxY8.jpg

The Philippines come in at number three of the pool in Qualifier 1. In the '12 Qualifying Rounds, they had a good start against Thailand, then lost to Chinese Taipei, eventual '13 WBC participant, and New Zealand before being eliminated.

CHIBhbM.jpg

Rounding out the pool is the Sub-Qualifier A winner at number 4, Ecuador. Ecuador had a dominating start, beating the heavily favorites, host Nicaragua, 17-6. They lost against the Bahamas in Game 2, then beat Argentina in Game 3 to make it to the Final Game. Ecuador got revenge on the Bahamas, beating them, 4-2.

kb8bQms.jpg

UPDATED BRACKET:

sEtQGoc.jpg

The number one team in Qualifier 1 at Salt River Fields at Talking Stick in Mesa, Arizona is Brazil. Brazil made it past the 1st Qualifying Rounds in 2012 to make it to the '13 WBC. They couldn't salvage up any wins against Japan, Cuba and China. So they'll get another try in the the 2016 Qualifying Rounds.

lUkUY6U.jpg

I have never seen any logic in the Brazil Logo set for the WBC. Will never like this. Look like a 7-yo made that. And with bad logos, a not so good concept.

Archived