2017 World Baseball Classic (USA is WBC Champion, 2021 Bracket on bottom of Page 9)

RoughRiders99

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Israel is beautiful. I prefer the cap logo to what they wore last year. But your choice of background intrigues me.

How do you mean?

Because you used a Sacred Muslim Building (I think the Rock is sacred to Jewish people as well, but the Dome is controlled by Muslims) as the background for a Jewish state.

And I like all of your concepts, but I think Brazil needs to have a higher emphasis on green, as you already have two other teams using heavy amounts of blue and yellow.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Looks like the Brazil set isn't too popular with the guys here, which is fine. That's what I'm here for! Feedbacks. I'll try to utilize more green in it as well. Update coming up later today.

Also, what background would you suggest for Israel? I apologize if I used the "wrong" background that may or may not be offensive.

Thanks everybody!

EDIT: Actually, I'm going to make green the primary color for Brazil, so we'll see how that goes!

Updated Brazil. I decided go give them green as their primary color, because that's the way it should be anyway.

LrAikir.jpg

No changes to Israel's set, but just the background. The previous background had some sort of a Muslim figure/sculpture that was simply "wrong" for a Jewish state. My apologizes if I offended anybody here.

B1zksZa.jpg

Not really feeling brazil's update.

Yeah, same here. Brazil's kinda tricky. I can't tell if they're a yellow country, a green country. I do think that blue should be a trim/accent color only, but their soccer/futbol team has an all blue clash kit while their primary kit is green/yellow/blue.

After some "recolorations" to the Brazil set, I think I've got it on the third try. Third time's a charm, hopefully!

I think I struck the balance between blue, yellow and green so there's isn't really one dominating color.

It just feels much, much cleaner to me now.

aQA04Ot.jpg

I'm really becoming a big fan and supporter of the home jerseys written in the native countries' languages or how those countries would call themselves. I think it makes more sense since we have the nicknames for home, and cities/states for away jerseys. It's definitely a good look.

nzW5kea.jpg

1) Mexico

They went 1-2 in the first round of the World Baseball Classic, failing to qualify for the 2017 World Baseball Classic. So they will host a Qualifying Round in Monterrey, Mexico. They beat heavily favored United States, but lost to Italy and Canada, in which they got in a bench-clearing brawl with.

vDoUcas.jpg

2) Germany

They had a strong showing in a Qualifying Round in their own home country in 2012, but they couldn’t figure out Canada as they lost to them twice, badly. One of them was in the finals. They did dominate the Czech Republic and Great Britain, beating them both 16-1. They will be the number 2 seed.

8rStyXY.jpg

3) Colombia

Colombia had a solid start in the Qualifying Rounds in 2012, as they beat the favored host, Nicaragua. However, they couldn’t figure out Brazil and Panama as they got eliminated from the tournament. They will hold the number 3 seed.

e2RYEec.jpg

4) Sweden

A first-timer in the WBC tournament, they barely advanced to the Qualifying Rounds. Due to the Team’s Quality Balance, Sweden made it to the finals with a 1-2 record against the 3-0 Ireland and upset them 3-1 to make it to the Qualifying Rounds.

PqnTzov.jpg

9XkIjrm.jpg

I like them all except for Colombia. It feels like anything but Colombia right now. I don't know why, but when I think Colombia I don't think red.

Yeah, they kinda look clown-y to me right now. I might swap out the red for blue. We'll see how others react to the set.

I like them all except for Colombia. It feels like anything but Colombia right now. I don't know why, but when I think Colombia I don't think red.

Yeah, they kinda look clown-y to me right now. I might swap out the red for blue. We'll see how others react to the set.

Sounds good. Weird that It always seems to be 1 team in each batch that gets ripped, eh?

Archived