2017 World Baseball Classic (USA is WBC Champion, 2021 Bracket on bottom of Page 9)

RoughRiders99

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2019, Round 1 Qualifiers:

Double Elimination - Top Team Advances

Asia Group - Rizal Memorial Baseball Stadium, Manila, Philippines

Philippines

Pakistan

Indonesia

Thailand

Sri Lanka

Americas/Pacific Group - Paseo Stadium, Agana, Guam

Argentina

Ecuador

Honduras

Chile

Guam

Europe/Africa Group - Lord's Cricket Ground, London, England (since 1814, it's been the "Home of Cricket"-well, let's see how it'll work for baseball)

Great Britain

France

Croatia

Belgium

Uganda

Europe Group - TJ Tempo Praha, Prague, Czech Republic

Czech Republic

Sweden

Ireland

Russia

Ukraine

2020, WBCQ Round 2 Qualifiers:

Modified Double Elimination - Top Team Advances

WBCQ Group A - Zhongshan Sports Center Stadium, Zhongshan, China

China

Spain

South Africa

Asia Group Winner

WBCQ Group B - Sydney Showground Stadium, Sydney, Australia

Australia

New Zealand

Greece

Americas/Pacific Group Winner

WBCQ Group C - Estadio Nacional Rod Carew, Panama City, Panama

Panama

Colombia

Germany

Europe/Africa Group Winner

WBCQ Group D - Foro Sol, Mexico City, Mexico

Mexico

Brazil

Nicaragua

Europe Group Winner

2021, Round 1

Round Robin - Top 2 Teams Advance

Sajik Baseball Stadium, Busan, South Korea (Korea's biggest ballpark)

South Korea

Netherlands

Israel

WBCQ Group A Winner

Koshien Stadium, Nishinomiya, Japan (Japan's second "national stadium")

Cuba

Japan

Taiwan

WBCQ Group B Winner

Estadio Quisqueya, Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic (as former WBC champs, I say they've earned pool hosting duties)

USA

Dominican Republic

Puerto Rico

WBCQ Group C Winner

BC Place, Vancouver, Canada (Who knows if it's still fit for baseball, but it's the biggest venue Western Canada's got)

Canada

Venezuela

Italy

WBCQ Group D Winner

2021, Round 2

Modified Double Elimination - Top 2 Teams Advance

New Seoul Ballpark, Seoul, South Korea - Busan and Nishinomiya Winners (Time they got promoted to semifinals)

Miller Park, Milwaukee, USA - Santo Domingo and Vancouver Winners (Why does Miller Park get no love from y'all?)

2021, Finals

Double Elimination Final Four

Marlins Park, Miami, USA - Seoul and Milwaukee Winners (Now we can finally see what a capacity crowd looks like in this ballpark)

bYhYmxh.png

Again, thank you so much for providing your insight. After reading your outline, it got me thinking about possible venues! Maybe I should change up a few venues here and there!

However, one thing I have to disagree with is where you put some of the countries. For example, Sweden shouldn’t be in the Sub-Qualifiers, while Panama should’ve been in the WBC already.

Maybe I wasn’t really clear before when I said that I would put together the 2021 Classic together “based on the ’17 Classic.”

What I meant by this is when a certain country reaches a certain point in the tournament, they will either qualify for this part of the tournament or they will be relegated.

This is the list of where I will be placing the countries based on their ’17 placing:

(All countries listed by ABCs)

Qualified for World Baseball Classic

1. Canada, 1st round host?

2. Cuba

3. Dominican Republic, 1st round host?

4. Israel

5. Japan, has to host at least one or two round/pools

6. Mexico

7. Netherlands

8. Panama

9. Puerto Rico, 1st round host (Mainly because I want their San Juan stadium to be involved in every Classic. Sort of “grandfathered” in).

10. South Korea, 1st or 2nd round host?

11. United States, 2nd and Championship round host

12. Venezuela

Qualified for the Qualifying Rounds

1. Australia

2. Brazil, host?

3. China

4. Chinese Taipei, host?

5. Colombia

6. Ecuador

7. Great Britain, host?

8. Greece

9. Italy, host?

10. New Zealand, host?

11. Pakistan

12. Sweden

Sub-Qualifier Teams

1. Argentina

2. Belgium

3. Chile

4. Croatia

5. Czech Republic

6. France

7. Germany, host?

8. Guam

9. Honduras

10. Indonesia

11. Ireland, host?

12. Nicaragua, host?

13. Philippines, host?

14. Russia, host?

15. South Africa, host?

16. Spain, host?

17. Sri Lanka

18. Thailand

19. Uganda

20. Ukraine

I hope this will help you have a better picture of where I want to place teams here or there! Please use this outline to help you guide as where you would place X teams in Y locations.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

it would be cool if you did even more countries based on the "future possibility" of them putting a team together. Countries like Ukraine, Portugal, Chile, Finland, Denmark, Poland, Egypt, Iceland, India, Luxembourg, Nepal, Romania, Seychelles, Singapore, Switzerland, Trinidad & Tobago, Turkey, & Vietnam. I know this is quite a list, but i have a vivid imagination and these are the countries that i thought of as interesting to not only design uniforms for, but countries that have some (if remote) chance of attempting the WBC.

I know you said you hate them, and admittedly they are ugly, but you gotta bring back the red pants for Cuba in the next tourney. Without a doubt the most unique and well known aspect of their identity. That said can't wait for the next set!

Beautiful jerseys and great presentation!

Here's a bit of belated feedback:

-I'd love to see at least one gold-jerseyed kit for us Aussies.

-Must admit, would be very interesting to see kits for a separate England, Scotland and Wales in this sport instead of a Team GB; the logos themselves would be very interesting.

-The Indians would be spitting chips that Pakistan and Sri Lanka are involved and they aren't.

-I think it would be nice to see the Philippines stars somewhere on one of their uniforms.

-Spain needs a bit of dark blue somewhere.

-Would you consider a West Indies team as they have in cricket, instead of the individual Caribbean Anglophonic teams?

-This whole tournament could be held in Qatar (okay that last one is just a joke...)

Great work! :)

bef9f409-173d-42e4-83c3-0dfb0596cf6e_zps56f6504c-a533-4b0a-a54f-0a17bc034a3c_zps

i agree with chibimatty, except for a couple of things, spain already has a team and those are the uniforms they have used, and im not so sure about the West Indies deal... but i do agree with the individual team for Wales, Scotland, England & Northern Ireland... This is an awesome series and i hope to see its expansion even further.

Oh wow, didn't even see this thread got bumped recently. Thanks for all of the kind words!!

Yes, yes, I know it has been a while since I've worked on this project. But it's something that I really enjoyed working on last summer. I mentioned earlier in this thread that I wouldn't mind seeing an expansion to this project, for the 2021 or even the 2025 WBCs.

But right now I'm not working on this project because, you know, life, but if I ever have time this summer, I certainly will clear the dust off this project and get it going again! Not making any promises though.

chibimatty and MACG5101 actually had some nice ideas that got me thinking a little bit about certain teams here and there! And the template I used was created by jay jackson at this site: http://www.diamond-uniforms.com/p/template.html

• 11 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Ingles:

Greetings to all, RoughRiders99 I am guaro1379 Modder of the pages MVP Mods and MVP 2k Caribe and creator and editor of the game 2K Caribe amigo wanted to know if you give me permission to get information from your pos since I am in a new project that is to make the 2K WBC 2021 and I need to make the uniforms and tengolos main but I want to put more serious of great help the information you have from the WBC 2021 to use it thanks and regards

Español:

Saludos a Todos, RoughRiders99 soy guaro1379 Modder de las paginas MVP Mods y MVP 2k Caribe y creador y editor del juego 2K Caribe amigo queria saber si me das permiso de sacar informacion de tu pos ya que estoy en un proyecto nuevo que es hacer el 2K WBC 2021 y necesito hacer los uniformes ya tengolos principales pero quieo meterle mas seria de gran ayuda la informacion que tengas del WBC 2021 para usarla gracias y saludos

Archived