PDC - The Professional Dodgeball Coalition

Windell918

yeah sorry, I thought at first that was supposed to be a D. Nice job, Windell.

There isn't a logo or uni you've made that I haven't loved. glad to see this went on this long. At first I was like, "Woah, he can't do 128 teams, that's too much!" but now I admire what you've done. :notworthy:

tinysig.jpg

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I only just made the connection that the colors and diamond come directly from the Delaware state flag. That's a real nice touch, and I really enjoy the set overall. Though I do want to hear your reasoning behind using Newark as the location for the team, as I would've thought a Delaware team could hit more in Dover and maybe Wilmington, although the latter would be too close to Philadelphia. Is it because of the 87ers?

spacer.png

Drink water and try to have fun!

I only just made the connection that the colors and diamond come directly from the Delaware state flag. That's a real nice touch, and I really enjoy the set overall. Though I do want to hear your reasoning behind using Newark as the location for the team, as I would've thought a Delaware team could hit more in Dover and maybe Wilmington, although the latter would be too close to Philadelphia. Is it because of the 87ers?Tan

Thanks! I chose Newark for the Bob Carpenter Center, I couldn't find a better suitable arena anywhere else. But it was a long time ago that I was looking so I may not remember all the details of what I found.

I only just made the connection that the colors and diamond come directly from the Delaware state flag. That's a real nice touch, and I really enjoy the set overall. Though I do want to hear your reasoning behind using Newark as the location for the team, as I would've thought a Delaware team could hit more in Dover and maybe Wilmington, although the latter would be too close to Philadelphia. Is it because of the 87ers?Tan

Thanks! I chose Newark for the Bob Carpenter Center, I couldn't find a better suitable arena anywhere else. But it was a long time ago that I was looking so I may not remember all the details of what I found.

Ok that makes sense. Keep up the good work!

spacer.png

Gonna quasi-bump for some critiques on San Antonio, but more pertinent I need some advice on how to precede with the coalition cup. I want it to be poll based. Here on the boards itself. Two match ups at a time 24 hour poll. Im having a hard time deciding on where to have this take place. Here are the options:

1. Right here. Make this thread even more ridiculously long. It already gonna be the longest-most viewed thread ever as long as I don't die or the internet falls apart in the next couple months. That said this isn't my favorite option because I would like to have the bracket, current matchup, and information on the tournament itself on the first posts. Yet I can see where it may be frustrating to non-followers to have dodgeball flooding the concept page with two threads.

2. Concept page (2nd thread) - Kind of explained this already. Would give me a place to organize the tournament, while I could continue cranking out international concepts here on the home thread.

3. Polls only thread - this is a unique idea. Its away from concepts which could be hidden from some of the typical followers normal line of sight. On the other side it may peak the interest of some one who normally doesn't follow the concept thread. Plus with it being so heavily poll-based I wasn't sure if I should be there, like what is the specific protocol here.

So I turn it to you! Theres a poll on this thread for the first time! I wanna see what you think(and I wanted to try out a poll) LET ME HEAR YOUR VOICE!!

San Antonio looks great, except the A in the SA looks a little wonky (first time I've ever used that word). As for the Coalition Cup options, I think a new thread in the concepts section would be best. Like you said, it'd give you a nice place to organize things, but still open it up to the entire population of concept followers.

Im gonna put this out there because I would rather say it myself than hear it from some one else. I got on Facebook today and I follow Sportslogos.net on there and the first this I see is the post for the San Antonio Mission's new set. There is a lot of similarities between that set and the Defenders I just did. I wanna say Im kinda weirded out by the timing of it. Today is the first day Ive seen that set. It was posted yesterday. Mine was posted Wednesday. Using the Alamo is almost a "must" when making a San Antonio based team so that coincidence doesn't surprise me but putting it on on the "A" in the "SA" form is what bothers me. I just don't want to get accused of stealing the idea from them. I repeat I have never seen that set until today. In all actual fact I hadn't even heard of the Mission (a name I had thrown around before deciding on the Defenders). Heres the link to the Missions set:

http://news.sportslogos.net/2014/11/20/san-antonio-missions-unveil-new-logos-uniforms/

I just don't want this to harm my reputation. If need be, to save face I would be willing to come up with a new concept altogether....thoughts?

I didn't notice until now that your look was similar to the new identity the Missions went with. That either speaks for your set's uniqueness or my lack of attention to detail. Of course the whole idea of one concept stealing from the other is out of the question as they were developed very independently from each other (unless that quote in your signature is true). Personally, while I like what you have currently for San Antonio, it's definitely not my favorite (that would go to Delaware or Providence or one of the other various excellent designs you made). So I think if you wanted to be safe it could be a good idea to edit it, even if it's a minor thing. I'd prefer it if you kept it similar, but it's your choice in the end really. The trouble would be thinking of something else, as I can't think of a whole lot that one could do with San Antonio since most people know them for either the Alamo or the Spurs. Maybe you could try replacing the mission A with the A used in the wordmark?

spacer.png

Archived