PDC - The Professional Dodgeball Coalition

Windell918

Greeting again, PDC! After a brief 6-month hiatus, I am back. Windell, really digging all of these concepts, great job. I am interested to see what you can do with Côte d'Ivoire... I was going to recommend an Elephant for the mascot since that is the national animal, but Yaounde already has one in theirs.

For Istanbul, it would be cool if you played their ID off of the fact that Istanbul is in two different continents at the same time... The Istanbul InterContinentals? Nah that's too long... The Instanbul Border Police? No... Istanbul Kebabs? I kinda like that one haha

I really like these Ideas for Istanbul...Intercontinentals May be a smidgen too long but I really do like the idea and have a look in mind that may work for that. Maybe I could call them the Continentals. Every league does have that one team that a casual fan says " they're called what?" (Packers, Knicks, Canucks, Padres, etc.) I think it could work if I pull it off right.

Sorry Ive let this die a little for now. Up to my head with deadlines. I will resurrect and finish this eventually more about that coming on the Playoffs thread.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

For the first time a division has a second team....from the "Second City". The railroad history in Chicago is the main reason the city has grown to where it is now. As the premier meat-packing hub of the nation, Chicago relied on having rail connections to every big city in America. While the meat industry has backed off in recent decades, trains are still in abundance, commercial and commuter. This concept is based on that. "Express" is a term often paired with trains. Other points of inspiration include the color scheme of the city's flag and the six points around the "C" represent the stars on the flag.

So here are the Chicago Express!!!

EXPRESS.jpg

There's actually a restaraunt in my town called Chicago Express

m0h76pO_zpslyciy1ir.png

I have been writing a history of the PDC for school, would you like to see it

SURE pm that to me!

Hey guess what I had a little time today to grind out some new material!

Heres the Cockatoos add ons!

COCKATOOS-2.jpg

COCKATOOS-3.jpg

COCKATOOS-4.jpg

Perth will be next! ...no promises on when haha!

I like the smoother beak better. Looks really great, and I like the use of the swan foot. I am excited for the uniforms for this set.

By the way, Sydney looks good; I like all the uniforms. My only "complaint" is the court, and how the silhouettes are at the bottom with not a lot at the top.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Windell, what city do you plan to do next?

Well as soon as Perth is finished I will be completing the Oceanic division with Kuala Lumpur.

That said I owe an update to where things stand on this as its been a while since I posted. School got a little hairy this semester and I really had to dig deep and focus. Stupid priorities. I think Im gonna be all right but until this semester wraps up Im gonna keep this on the back burner. I just have to finish strong ya know. My last day is may 5th. 100% honesty though finishing this thing is the thing I really look forward to this summer the most. Thanks for your patience everyone!!

• 2 weeks later...

Had a little bit of time to spare today so I put together the Jersey for Perth hopefully I'll have a bit tomorrow to do the pants and court.

As promised there is a fauxback city pride alternate! Feedbacks!?!

BLACKSWANS_1.jpg

Archived