PDC - The Professional Dodgeball Coalition

Windell918

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with jmoe12 about the sleeves. I love the colors of the team, and the jerseys look nice. Can't wait for the court!

I will make that change. Ill stick with the word mark and then put the secondary on the caps. I changed my mind this morning and pushed the pants and court to make room on my schedule to put together a new team. All the add ons will get done but it was fun to do this one after such a while off.

Here are the Malaysia Great Apes!

GREAT-APES.jpg

*** also Im kind getting things organized to start work on the PDC 2.0 right when I finish and working on some templates. I know I posted the one a while back but I'm still working on making it more personalized for the league. Im positive on the shorts instead of the current pants look. However Im considering going to a sleeveless look as well. So it would be in essence a basketball uniform. But it won't use the typical basketball uniform layout of team name and number on front and such. I'm just trying to think about what would be the most likely in a dodgeball league. I kinda think the sleeves would make it hard to throw if sweaty and all leave more lose clothing to hit. What are your thoughts??

Just... wow...

I'm relatively new to the forums in general, and I just stumble upon this last night. You, sir, are a madman. And I love it!

I have some suggestions for re-aligning the Canadian divisions, making the travel a little easier and exploiting some rivalries. Apologies if these suggestions were made before, but I didn't have the time to go through 139 pages!

WEST:

Vancouver

Calgary

Edmonton

Winnipeg (suggestion: Mosquitoes. They're huge out there!)

-Sorry, Saskatoon, you didn't make the cut. Or, why does Alberta need 2 teams? Why not situate them in Red Deer, which is half way between Cal. & Edm.?

EAST:

Halifax

Charlottetown (Why the Chill? PEI is known for lobsters, beaches, potatoes and Anne of Green Gables)

St. John's

Moncton

(Makes more sense for travel)

SOUTH:

Toronto

Ottawa (suggestion: Parliament. Since we already have Senators.)

Montreal

Quebec City (suggetion: Patriotes, using a green, white and red colour scheme. There's already a few minor league teams using the nickname, but trust me, they'll love it!)

-We call this "Main St. Canada" or the Windsor-Quebec corridor. Easy for travel, and the possibilities of a mini tournament of Ontario vs. Quebec.

NORTH:

Yellowknife

Whitehorse

Iqaluit

A fourth team is tricky. Without transferring an Alaskan team, I'd suggest a coalition team made up of members of the indigenous communities of the north: the Inuit and the Dene. Or maybe Fort McMurray (Alberta again?!) or Churchill, Manitoba (known for polar bears!) The problem is that Canada's north is huge and sparsely populated!

-With regards to Yellowknife, you should re-think the scimitars. The yellow knives in question were actually made of copper. Hey! Here's a little copy+paste history lesson:

In 1770, when Samuel Hearne was exploring the Great Slave Lake area, he encountered a tribe of Aboriginal people who used copper-bladed, yellow-coloured knives. Fur traders soon began to refer to these people as the Yellowknives, and the tribe’s home become known as Yellowknife.

-Want a picture? go to http://ykdene.com/. I think the blade looks cooler!

Thanks for really entertaining thread!

• 2 weeks later...

Here we go! School is over its time to crank the rest of this out!

first step finishing up Perth and therefore Australia! I took the secondary logo off of the sleeves per jmoes suggestion and put together their gear and court!

BLACKSWANS_2.jpg

BLACKSWANS_3.jpg

BLACKSWANS_4.jpg

Up next will be the unis and such for Malyasia, then Taipei ( i really look forward to trying what I have planed for them) and then Istanbul!

Archived