PDC - The Professional Dodgeball Coalition

Windell918

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So heres my thought (and i guess the final say for that mater) Im gonna make the third option the "official" logo. However I may end up doing something similar to two on the jersey. Just depends how it looks. In the mean time here is the jersey set for Mexico. I hope to start the the Next bracket for the tourney monday morning (pending finishing the last set)

MATADORS_2.jpg

MATADORS_3.jpg

MATADORS_4.jpg

Windell, I've binged read this entire forum. Your skills, concepts, creativity, it has all blown me away. I used to make concept leagues with paper and pencil, and I've never been so honored to be humbled. I know this is my first post, and it's a little soon to ask for things, but I think the eliminator ball would give you some great posts. Maybe your 3000th post? Also, are you still doing the 32 team league? Again best work I've seen on these sights! I'm bummed I couldn't have been here from the start.

Windell, I've binged read this entire forum. Your skills, concepts, creativity, it has all blown me away. I used to make concept leagues with paper and pencil, and I've never been so honored to be humbled. I know this is my first post, and it's a little soon to ask for things, but I think the eliminator ball would give you some great posts. Maybe your 3000th post? Also, are you still doing the 32 team league? Again best work I've seen on these sights! I'm bummed I couldn't have been here from the start.

First I wanna welcome you too the site! Secondly I truly appreciate such kind words and dedication to read through this odyssey of a tale. Ive seen much better work on this site alone than my own but your compliments are quite inspiring. I was just a kid with an abstract imagination that grew up and learned a few tools to bring some ideas to life. Many people have told me though out this soiree that I have had too much time on my hands or that I'm blowing this out of proportion. Some truth to that but I feel I have never had the time on my hands I need to truly express what I want to. I love sports. I love designing and I love learning. Just tonight I learned a new way to manipulate text to save some time. That was one of my goals here. I wanted to learn and hone my craft. I wanted to create a database of ideas and vectors of my own that I may lean on in future projects. I wanted to entertain folks and give them an opportunity study their own work and compare it to mine so they too could grow. Mainly, I just wanted to sit at the cool table and make a concept league and I figured if I was gonna do it: I better make it BIG. This site is a wonderful platform for designers, fans, or just humans to express their personal art form how ever they like. I feel Ive made some pretty solid e-bros along the way. So enjoy this place, it'll be what ever you make it!

I have every intention on carrying out the future I have laid out in previous posts. I have bounced some Ideas off another user and I have plenty I have yet to share. I hope the details I hope to present in the second pass in 30-36 teams will be equal to the details presented here in 128. That may more mean team custom gear is in the works. If that excites you however I must disclaim: I wanna to finish this new league before I post anything. So it may be some time before the new dawn breaks light. (segway) and before that I must create 5 new teams....

...yes only 5 because here is the 6th!

Winnipeg's "little black devils" a brigade of the Canadian Military are formally known as the Royal Winnipeg Riffles. This group has been wreaking havoc since its foundation in 1883. A century or so later a dodgeball club was founded inspired by this tenacious troop. As does many military installations they have a good selection of memorabilia and designs for me to lean on so I suggest you google that and try to see where the looks come from. Enjoy the Winnipeg Battalion!

BATTALION.jpg

BEST. THREAD. EVER. sad to see it's coming to an end soon. (just like Phineas and Ferb; I used to love that when I was smaller)

I love Winnipeg.

I love Buenos Aires. (especially the court... but why?)

tinysig.jpg

Haven't replied to this in a while and I'm very impressed. Both El Salvador and Mexico City look great, and I am in love with the Buenos Aires set. The font you uses there seems familiar, but I can't quite put my finger on it. Also, good clean looks for Winnipeg and Whitehorse, although I do agree with PSUcelticsWON95 in that the ear should be more rounded. Look at some bear logos that schools use like Cal, Northern Colorado, Central Arkansas, etc. Really like that font for the Growlers, though! What is it?

spacer.png

Drink water and try to have fun!

Archived