PDC - The Professional Dodgeball Coalition

Windell918

Love everything about this set, I would have to say that it and Boise would have to be my favourites so far. My only issue is the team name written on the court. If you want to go simple and old-school, don't go too much out of the box. Also, are the stripes on the sleeves on the road supposed to be thicker than the stripes on the home? Fantastic set here, can't wait for more!

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Update: I made the updates I talked about. I changed the Archers to Minnesota. I also widened the stroke on on the the chest logo, so it can be seen better. I changed the eliminator on the Vipers. It never paned out like I had envisioned it. I agreed with kevsim that the blackout court shouldn't have the "watermark" so I got rid of that too. I really appreciate at the input!

Since they are called the Brooklyn Blackout wouldn't it be cool to try a black court instead with white lines? You'd probably also have to changes the B's in logo to white for it to work. I know you were going rather traditional on this set but I feel like that would work.

scarvessmall_zpsc4c8e942.png

New team hot off the presses. This on was inspired by a suggestion earlier in the thread and represents the wonderful musical culture of Memphis Tennessee. The Memphis Rhythm

RHYTHML.jpg

RHYTHMJ.jpg

The next four I hope to do will be Toronto, Vancouver, Topeka, and Pittsburgh

Wow! It's a lot, but I love it!. The wordmark: Genius, The primary: Great, The secondary: Awesome. I also really like that starburst sort of design you have in the background of all of the logos. Fantastic set here, just great! BTW, thanks for using the name. My only complaint, but it really isn't bothering me at all, is the little notes outside of the secondary logo. Keep them on the court, but not on the regular logo. Great work(again)!

Time for another team coming from another users name suggestion. A town know for its gorgeous skyline, and while it may not be the highest, when it lights up its as cool as any on the planet. The first team north of the border in the the PDC the Toronto Skyliners!

SKYLINERSL.jpg

SKYLINERSJ.jpg

I'm liking these a lot. The text is really appealing, I really like secondary and the colors are fantastic. Did you actually look at a picture of the Toronto Skyline or did you just free hand it, because it looks pretty accurate. Great work as always. PS. Thx for using my name suggestion. Can't Wait for Vancouver.

Took a little while on this one, wanted to get it just right. The Isle of Vancouver is known for it its whale watching expeditions. Tourist all hope to catch a glimpse of an orca. This beautiful predator keeps to a strong pack-mentality, therefore giving it the nickname to wolves of the sea. Thus inspiring the newest addition to the western conference: The Vancouver Seawolves!

SEAWOLVESL.jpg

SEAWOLVESJ.jpg

Also I scaled back the center-court logo for Toronto as suggested. Im not gonna post it though with it being such a minor change unless I change something else.

I like the colors, the name is great and I however, really like the secondary. I'm almost tempted to say, just put the picture of the orca on the front of the jersey. Your current primary is great, one of the bests so far, but I do think that it's too busy for the jersey. I also agree that you should remove the orcas from the shoulders. I'm also not crazy about the font you used; the number look pretty unprofessional. You logos are very classy, while the jerseys are a bit crazy... wow, that made no sense whatsoever. Hope I helped... a bit...

You make sense truth is I havnt been enjoying doing the jerseys and courts nearly as much at the logos. Im giving serious thought to scraping that part of the project to focus the time I have for this on the logos themself. You may see a couple changes to the layout and some tweaks to the old logos prior to me starting topeka. Ill keep ya posted

BIG POST!! As I alluded to last night, I will no long being doing the jerseys and courts and such. I found my self super excited to do a new logo the found all the extras to be tedious and not enjoyable. I came up with a new template that really showcases the teams' logos. So I spend today moving the done logos into the new template and making some changes. I'm gonna post all ten here and will explain any changes.

SEAWOLVES.jpg

For Vancouver I enlarged the dorsal fin on the secondary logo to make the orca more the focus, rather than the wolf. I wanted to symbolize the wolf-spirit in the orcas.

SKYLINERS.jpg

Toronto: No Changes

VIPERS.jpg

Arizona:No Changes

ARCHERS.jpg

Minnesota: Minor change, I took the text off of the primary. I think it stands alone fine without it.

BLACKOUT.jpg

Brooklyn: Just changed the secondary, removed the ball and change the colors a bit.

NOISE.jpg

Boise:Aint broke dont fix it.

FIREBIRDS.jpg

Carolina:Changed the beak to black.

RHYTHM.jpg

Memphis: Got rid of the guitar on the primary and the small notes on the secondary.

HARLEQUINS.jpg

Norleans: The goal was to darken the whole set. While it was fun, I wanted a devious side to it. I took the wordmark off the primary and gave it a devious face. also changed all the strokes to black to further the darkening.

TROTTERS.jpg

Warning to anyone looking to start something like this: DONT START WITH YOUR HOMETOWN!! I've learned a lot doing these. And after knocking out the seawolves(which I think was pretty good) and looking back at the trotters I was kinda embarrassed. So I started over. I did keep the wordmark as is however and kind of build off of that. Hope you like.

In case your wondering the stuff on the bottom corner is the conference and division logos. I hope you like these changes. I'll be starting on topeka soon. :)

Gotta say, I think I do like this presentation better, even though that there was nothing wrong with the jerseys and courts. All the changes that you made, even if they were subtle, really helped the design. i think you absolutely nailed the Harlequins update. I couldn't really figure out what was wrong with the original version, and now that I see it, I think it is the addition of black and the smug face. For the trotters, I do like the new one, but I'm not sold on it quite yet. I don't want you to make it look too much like the Broncos, but I would add a few more strokes on the mane... right now It looks a bit like a dog with an extended jaw. I almost like the perspective on your old one better, a more unique logo, because I could probably name 2, 3, even 4 logos with that kind of feel. It's hard to explain, the new one is a good update, but the other is more unique. Your series... your logos and changes you make are totally up to you. Overall, I am loving this series. Can't wait for Topeka.

Archived