PDC - The Professional Dodgeball Coalition

Windell918

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I appreciate the kind words but that old primary logo is DEAD.
I wasn't the proudest of it and once it got some jeers I felt the need to redo it. (Insert cheesy line about "rising from ashes") I still feel it shows the inspiration statue but has its own flare(pun intended). I also changed the jerseys a bit and put the new logo on the court. I'm very proud of that one. I also reworked the NOLA set changed the home jerseys as suggested and thickened the out lines. I just edited the original posts with the new graphics so I urge ya to check um out.

I'm having a hard time deciding on what to do with the "Skyliners" Brand exactly so I'm gonna change the order up. Milwaukee will be my next project followed by Phoenix, Memphis, & Brooklyn.

Post your answer in Green and Underline your Selection! Good find!

New team done. Really enjoying doing these, but should probably slow down. The rest of my life is disappearing. I think this turned out pretty crisp to the point, without overdoing. I like how the back drop on the court turned out the most. Really gives a forrest feel. Here is the Minnesota Archers!

ARCHERSL-1.jpg

ARCHERSJ-2.jpg

Archers: Fantastic, just absolutely great. My only complaint would be to put some more of the colors from the logo onto the jersey. Don't make it messy, just spice it up a bit more. Right now, it's a bit... plain.

I agree they were pretty plain, I just couldn't think of anything that would spice them up, while still keeping with the theme. Stars or something wouldn't make sense in the woods for example. I came up with a camo look that I think keeps with the theme while uping the over all presentation.

I like the new update with the camo,it really improves and helps, but there's still something not right... I just can't put my finger on it. On the home, you can't really see wordmark... but I don't know how you would fix that other than putting another logo on the front. I would be happy as it is if you left it like this; if you make an update, that's up to you. Really enjoying this series!

I like the Archers concept, but not for a team from Milwaukee. In fact, I'm almost starting to wonder if a lot of these identities were randomly just matched up with cities without regard for how well they fit the local culture. If you must stick with this as an identity for your Milwaukee franchise, I'd suggest changing the teams' name to Wisconsin Archers, since the entire package has much more of an "Up Nort" vibe.

I'd be tough for me to argue a local, but I think archers fits wonderfully. The state of Wisconsin's outdoor sporting as a whole it as good if not better than any other state. If the Bucks is an acceptable name for a team in Milwaukee then I can't see how the Archers don't fit. Sure you wont see an archer downtown, but I'm sure you won't see Bambi's dad just walking around. I've done research on all of my team names, Trotters- Indiana's horse racing history, Noise-The loud color schemes put out by Boise St U, Harlequins-Mardi Gras, Firebirds-a representation of charlottes art seen.

Speaking of my newest addition. A snake found in the deserts of Arizona. The Arizona Vipers!

VIPERSL.jpg

VIPERJ-1.jpg

Guest darkpiranha

Not sure if it's intentional, the V and the S on the ViperS are also a V and a 5, which are the same in Roman numerals. Neat if it's intended and has any significance. If not, now you can't unsee it.

I'd be tough for me to argue a local, but I think archers fits wonderfully. The state of Wisconsin's outdoor sporting as a whole it as good if not better than any other state. If the Bucks is an acceptable name for a team in Milwaukee then I can't see how the Archers don't fit. Sure you wont see an archer downtown, but I'm sure you won't see Bambi's dad just walking around.

A couple points... one in general, the other more specific and of interest to you.

1. It's a very common misconception that Bucks is a reference to Wisconsin's hunting culture (after all, they're the Bucks, not the Buck Hunters). Not only is the whitetail deer the official Wisconsin state wildlife animal (thus making the name a civic symbol), but there actually is a deer population in the City of Milwaukee. When the freeway system was built, the only forested area that remained anywhere near Milwaukee was the County Park system, and thus much of the local deer population migrated to the city. I live on the eastside... the most "urbanized" side of Milwaukee... and I actually got within 10 feet of a live doe when I cut through the park near my house on the way home from work last month (city deer tend to be much less spooked by people than northwoods deer :P).

2. As someone with no shortage of deer-hunters on a very rednecky family tree, and I can tell you that bow hunting isn't all that popular in Wisconsin, thus making the Archers nickname a bit awkward in spite of the state's outdoors culture. I can also tell you that pretty much the only people in Milwaukee who go hunting are either retirees or transplants from upstate.

If you insist on keeping this identity, the easiest way to fix it would be to call them the Wisconsin Archers... and perhaps even consider moving them to Green Bay (if Boise can support a team in your universe, then certainly Green Bay should be able to :D).

This will be by far my simplest design. I wanted it that way. When the Nets unveiled their new Brooklyn look, at first I hated it. It looked like a middle school's practice gear. But it really helped to create an old-school identity and stands alone as one of the NBA's most unique looks. I wanted to be true to that same identity. As for the name its a reference to the great NY black-out of 77. Here you have the Brooklyn Black out:

BLACKOUTL-1.jpg

BLACKOUTJ.jpg

Looking forward: I skipped Memphis so thats next, I gonna redo the Vipers Eliminator and move the Archers to Minneapolis as the "Minnesota Archers" thanks to Illwauk for the insight. I checked and the bow-hunting scene is much better up there. Not sure what I do for Milwaukee's franchise yet but hopefully It will do you proud. So keep a look out for those updates in the days to come.

Archived