Patriots TE Aaron Hernandez convicted on murder charges

Still MIGHTY

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another thought... the phrase "Aaron Hernandez, Tight End" will now apply to him forever, though it'll have nothing to do with his ability on the gridion.

Well, since we're going down that road, he'll soon be making a switch to wide receiver.

approval-reaction-gif.gif

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

Damn shame what happened to that clnahsgehperrosct guy. At least Cosmic can pick up the slack.

(I can't even vaguely guess how to spell the other name.)

crlachepinochet, if I remember correctly.

There's a candlelight vigil next weekend, if you're interested. Police still haven't given up the search.

Well, the questions were like, ridiculously stupid. Not to mention they've just been through a month-long ordeal that wreaked havoc on their personal lives.

Exactly. I mean I laugh at half the crap the press says too.

That and frankly they're there to be impartial. I'd consider being emotionally detached a bit from it as part of that.

In another thread, people were wondering about the lasting legacy of Hernandez and it got me thinking: if he's convicted of the other two murder charges against him, would he be the first athlete, in his prime, to be a serial killer?

I can't think of anyone who would qualify.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

In another thread, people were wondering about the lasting legacy of Hernandez and it got me thinking: if he's convicted of the other two murder charges against him, would he be the first athlete, in his prime, to be a serial killer?

I can't think of anyone who would qualify.

I know he meets the technical definition of a serial killer, but he will not be remembered as a serial killer the way Dahmer, Gacy, et. al. are, because I doubt he gets pleasure from killing, nor did he do it in a particularly disturbing way. He'll be remembered as gangbanger who had a brief NFL career.

spacer.png

NFL's first mass murderer, then? Spree killer, maybe?

I think the serial killer title is fitting. He's not the stereotypical serial killer, but he does fit the basic definition that the FBI uses to define them. Multiple murders, committed in a sequence with substantial cooling periods between them committed over more than a month's time. And he really fits it if the Florida killing ends up being tied to him too.

Regardless I'd say he's one of the most demented men to ever wear an NFL uniform.

Yes, but I associate serial killers, rightly or wrongly, as for whom killing is an end in itself. Would you say a contract hitman is a serial killer?

Agreed. I feel like Hernandez just kills people who get in his way or outrage him. He wouldn't go hunting for victims like Ed Gein.

spacer.png

Yes, but I associate serial killers, rightly or wrongly, as for whom killing is an end in itself. Would you say a contract hitman is a serial killer?

Agreed. I feel like Hernandez just kills people who get in his way or outrage him. He wouldn't go hunting for victims like Ed Gein.

True, but not every serial killer is Hannibal Lecter. The hunting like aspect is classic, but not required.

Archived