Seattle NHL Project

colinturner95

So... regardless of where Phoenix ends up, even if they remain in Phoenix, I've been trying to come up with a idea for a Seattle NHL team for a few months now and I still haven't finalized a lot of the designs, but I want some help from the people of the CCSLC. I have colors in mind and I'm struggling between two nicknames, so I want some input from the members here.

nhlshieldlogos_zpsb92479d2.png?t=1372826

Sorry about the size of the image, I didn't realize its size until now. Anyway, the 1st shield uses, a light green, green, navy, silver and white, and the second shield has no navy and the retains the other colors. The 2 nicknames I'm on the border between are the Metropolitans and the Emeralds (name is taken from "The Emerald City") Once I have a nickname and color scheme, logo and jersey design will begin.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the history of Metropolitans, but I think Emeralds would make for a great name. We've seen a few Metros concepts on here recently, so I'd say go with Emeralds, if for no other reason than to try something different.

The first set is a better color scheme, IMO, but it's too similar to the Seahawks and the Canucks. Maybe try to replace the navy with another dark color to keep the balance but make it more unique.

Current Concept Project (Midwest Minor League Baseball) : http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/93417-minor-league-baseball-concept-team-names-poll/

I feel like such an a**, I didn't even see this until after I posted my new thread. I'm sorry, great minds think alike a guess... Anyways....haha awkward, I guess I'm voting for the stuff I'm using for mine. Metropolitans, and the Navy blue one.

Number 2 option- the double green, and Metropolitans (have to go with tradition/history), but I will suggest purple instead of navy for the number 1 option. Number 1 option with the navy is too similar to Vancouver and even, my I suggest, Hartford Whalers?

The first set is a better color scheme, IMO, but it's too similar to the Seahawks and the Canucks. Maybe try to replace the navy with another dark color to keep the balance but make it more unique.

I agree...too close to Seahawks colors. Not a fan of using same team colors like Pittsburgh does. Maybe something like Tulane uses with green and powder blue or teal would look better.

I voted for the second color scheme since the first one looks a bit too similar to Vancouver, and I am going with the name Emeralds since it goes with with the colors I picked, and while I have no problem with the name Metropolitans, it name has been used fairly often on these boards.

I am looking forward to what you come up with!

should be a mix between the Marineers and Seahawks. I say White/Navy/Lime Green/Forest Green

I hate the idea of the team name being Emeralds. However, I fully support a different idea such as "Emerald City Metropolitans"

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

• 2 weeks later...

For colors for an NHL team in Seattle, I would suggest and like them to use dark forest green, Supersonic yellow and a dark navy blue. This way, with the add of navy blue, it doesn't look similar to the former Dallas Stars colors, and with the add of the yellow, it wont look like the Vancouver Canucks. For a name, I would suggest the 1. Thunderbirds, 2. Seagulls, 3. Serpents, 4. Totems, 5. Metropolitans1. Super

Ok, I'm beginning to disregard the poll up above and go off of the comments, so the thing I'm hearing is that the colors are too close to Vancouver, and that it should distance from Seattle's. So I decided to think of another color set:

letsaddyellow_zps5c703357.png?t=1374810673

Its big, my bad. So no blue what so ever in this scheme. Light green and green stay and say hello to Sonics yellow and Metros Red. That's what I'm gonna call them for the sake of this redesign. Let me know what you guys think about the new colors.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

• 1 year later...

Archived