Rarely seen jerseys

kw11333

Rarely-seen from the Seattle Mariners...

Worn once at home in 1992 to mark the sale of the team to the current ownership group, who kept the team in Seattle after the previous owner intended to move the club to Tampa Bay:

86038a_lg.jpeg

1992-home-seattle3.jpg

And these, worn only a scant handful of times in 2001-2002.

2002-home-navy3.jpg

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty sure the Seminoles wore these one time, lost, and retired the set

FSU2.7.jpg

The jokes wrote themselves mightily that day.

They wore them against Duke the following year, and won. Wearing them against Duke helped to non-curse them.

FSU2.gif

I only saw these uniforms used in one game. Fell in love with them immediately, and would pay a pretty penny to get one today.The Nuggets orange and black "Denver Rockets" throwback.

HJIowpc.jpg

UGLMcXP.jpg

These are the only pictures I can find.

Those are beauties. And my favorite thing is that they wore them against the present day Rockets.

spacer.png

I only saw these uniforms used in one game. Fell in love with them immediately, and would pay a pretty penny to get one today.The Nuggets orange and black "Denver Rockets" throwback.

HJIowpc.jpg

UGLMcXP.jpg

And the planned irony of playing the Houston Rockets for the one game...

HJIowpc.jpg

UGLMcXP.jpg

Go back a couple of decades, and you'll find they wore them one other time, too, in a preseason game against the similarly-throwback-clad Sixers:

5405ab74-4448-4359-a830-ac0ec7415e77.jpg

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Hamilton Tiger Cats stormtrooper look. Labour Day 2006.

jboreham.jpghitchcock.jpg

cats.jpgranek.jpg

team.jpg

Those helmets... *drool*

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

HJIowpc.jpg

UGLMcXP.jpg

Go back a couple of decades, and you'll find they wore them one other time, too, in a preseason game against the similarly-throwback-clad Sixers:

And the 76ers wore that throwback a few years later during the 1996-97 season...

NJYr9M1.jpg

Can't find a picture of it in-game, but it was in several player photos in NBA Live '98 on Playstation at the time. The Lakers, Celtics, Knicks and a few others wore throwbacks that season too.

bSLCtu2.png

Their current road jersey should read PHILA. Actually they should start over with the uniforms and make a new one that says PHILA.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Discogod sent me the list of pre-1996 NBA throwback games. I only managed to find this picture though

94um.jpg

31 Mar. 1995: Denver @ Indiana (both teams wore 1974-75 ABA throwbacks)

Yeah, pictures of that game are pretty hard to find. The only images I have came from trading cards.

Good find! I'm trying to find out the date of that game to add to the TBTC list. The Sixers also wore that uniform the previous season, Jan. 13, whilst playing the Warriors (who wore "The City" throwbacks).

Their current road jersey should read PHILA. Actually they should start over with the uniforms and make a new one that says PHILA.

They tried once and we never saw them again.

six_081119_brand_300.jpg

I didn't mind that wordmark, though the uniforms themselves needed a lot of work.

Weirdly, they have a PHILA wordmark that matches their current set, but they only use it on merchandise.

mUuxSaj.png

I've never seen that.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Discogod sent me the list of pre-1996 NBA throwback games. I only managed to find this picture though

94um.jpg

Whoa, that's a pretty sweet look for Indiana. It reminds me of a blend between their current look and the FloJos. A few tweaks and I can see that being worn today.

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

94um.jpg

Whoa, that's a pretty sweet look for Indiana. It reminds me of a blend between their current look and the FloJos. A few tweaks and I can see that being worn today.

Yeah those are great. I would really like something like that but with a tweaked version of the current wordmark

spacer.png

Oklahoma-City-Hornets-2006-2007-Home-Jersey-uniform.jpg

I know they technically were the NOK Hornets for two seasons, but those jerseys only got worn twice. Has another team worn another cities name on their jerseys before? I don't mean throwbacks, btw

Buffalo wore a special jersey or a preseason (iirc) game in New York in 2001.

283%20Kozlov%20BUF%20White%209-11%20Jersey%202001%20Overall%20Front%20LQ.jpg

Archived