Rarely seen jerseys

kw11333

Oklahoma-City-Hornets-2006-2007-Home-Jersey-uniform.jpg

I know they technically were the NOK Hornets for two seasons, but those jerseys only got worn twice. Has another team worn another cities name on their jerseys before? I don't mean throwbacks, btw

Buffalo wore a special jersey or a preseason (iirc) game in New York in 2001.

283%20Kozlov%20BUF%20White%209-11%20Jersey%202001%20Overall%20Front%20LQ.jpg

Isn't that referring to the state rather than the city?

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oklahoma-City-Hornets-2006-2007-Home-Jersey-uniform.jpg

I know they technically were the NOK Hornets for two seasons, but those jerseys only got worn twice. Has another team worn another cities name on their jerseys before? I don't mean throwbacks, btw

Buffalo wore a special jersey or a preseason (iirc) game in New York in 2001.

283%20Kozlov%20BUF%20White%209-11%20Jersey%202001%20Overall%20Front%20LQ.jpg

Isn't that referring to the state rather than the city?

No. It was shortly after September 11 and the jerseys were auctioned off for charity. The Rangers did the same.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Let me know if the thread completely derails into recent NBA one-offs, so I can just skip the next fifty pages.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Chargers all-blue uniform:

MK-BI231_SP_COU_G_20101212182432.jpg

I only remember them wearing this once. it was a monday night game and was hyped up as Junior Seau's return to SD. Unfortunately, due to a raging wildfire, the game was moved to Tempe.

Good Riddance.

I remember that game well. It was the first time I looked at David Boston and said, "Holy crap, that guy got HUGE. He's definitely doing steroids."

And he was.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I only saw these uniforms used in one game. Fell in love with them immediately, and would pay a pretty penny to get one today.The Nuggets orange and black "Denver Rockets" throwback.

HJIowpc.jpg

UGLMcXP.jpg

These are the only pictures I can find.

Go back a couple of decades, and you'll find they wore them one other time, too, in a preseason game against the similarly-throwback-clad Sixers:

5405ab74-4448-4359-a830-ac0ec7415e77.jpg

I knew they wore them more than once that season. Here's a look at them against the Jazz.

73408917-allen-iverson-of-the-denver-nuggets-goes-to-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QVI1W4vIBqvZkIxXCTOM8h1ikMc2c2gB76h%2b6uzuzEpmz7pe7TRAZka01DdlUsQgJsWwULixqpqcxFp%2bhW8UJkc%3d

Against Golden State & their throwbacks.

73518733-allen-iverson-of-the-denver-nuggets-goes-up-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QfjIsTKWPeZm%2f5MTxK6KArh%2f2fPXVBmyxyVBHPBrVEvxy16RxLdUejy3OXK7D%2bvLfbNqkJynms2ZL%2fa1%2bgyzdIE%3d

Against the Supersonics.

73735248-allen-iverson-of-the-denver-nuggets-goes-to-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QQxjz6Ymp3mMVOq9pSzKhuM121JJRdZw6P0f9ppWZ54yJpUrRoYWXCOdQOowB0sn9UO%2fygVCOlWt5CK7SMfdHe0%3d

I only saw these uniforms used in one game. Fell in love with them immediately, and would pay a pretty penny to get one today.The Nuggets orange and black "Denver Rockets" throwback.

HJIowpc.jpg

UGLMcXP.jpg

These are the only pictures I can find.

Go back a couple of decades, and you'll find they wore them one other time, too, in a preseason game against the similarly-throwback-clad Sixers:

5405ab74-4448-4359-a830-ac0ec7415e77.jpg

I knew they wore them more than once that season. Here's a look at them against the Jazz.

73408917-allen-iverson-of-the-denver-nuggets-goes-to-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QVI1W4vIBqvZkIxXCTOM8h1ikMc2c2gB76h%2b6uzuzEpmz7pe7TRAZka01DdlUsQgJsWwULixqpqcxFp%2bhW8UJkc%3d

Against Golden State & their throwbacks.

73518733-allen-iverson-of-the-denver-nuggets-goes-up-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QfjIsTKWPeZm%2f5MTxK6KArh%2f2fPXVBmyxyVBHPBrVEvxy16RxLdUejy3OXK7D%2bvLfbNqkJynms2ZL%2fa1%2bgyzdIE%3d

Against the Supersonics.

73735248-allen-iverson-of-the-denver-nuggets-goes-to-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QQxjz6Ymp3mMVOq9pSzKhuM121JJRdZw6P0f9ppWZ54yJpUrRoYWXCOdQOowB0sn9UO%2fygVCOlWt5CK7SMfdHe0%3d

I can't see your images and I really want to see them! Didn't they wear an orange away one too?

Chargers all-blue uniform:

MK-BI231_SP_COU_G_20101212182432.jpg

I only remember them wearing this once. it was a monday night game and was hyped up as Junior Seau's return to SD. Unfortunately, due to a raging wildfire, the game was moved to Tempe.

Good Riddance.

I remember that game well. It was the first time I looked at David Boston and said, "Holy crap, that guy got HUGE. He's definitely doing steroids."

And he was.

that guy was a complete mental and physical mess...he was so roided out that he was the size of a defensive end but one of the side effects was constantly being injured. what a waste of talent

Hamilton Tiger Cats stormtrooper look. Labour Day 2006.

jboreham.jpghitchcock.jpg

cats.jpgranek.jpg

team.jpg

Those helmets... *drool*

Was there not copyright issue with those helmets? (the logo)

Apparently the logo was licensed for one game use. That's why they don't use it as a regular alternate logo.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

I'm not quite sure what that logo looks like, and why it should be copyright

B2JEdct.png

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

From the equipment manager:

The logo ws purchased for the 2006 Labour Day game... It's a logo that some people still like, we've put it on a few of our signs in the locker room. I think it's difficult because there's a copyright infringement on it that we have to worry about. I think it's something that we bought for more of a one-time use than for a lifetime.

There is also an unused black version.

w9LoA7y.png

Not a jersey, but the Chiefs throwback helmet:

vcqlx1.jpg

Now that is one hell of a helmet. They need to switch back to that simplistic beauty.

Why would they switch back to that? They don't play in Dallas anymore.

Yea why would they do that? The Kansas City Texans....also I believe the chiefs have a pretty simplistic helmet design that is great only other thing you could be talking about is the vaunted grey face mask!! Nooooooooo

Archived