Official WIHL thread: Calgary Blazers Jerseys

MrWonka

CHANGING the whole thread! Before it was just a logo help..now it's my new hockey league thread. WIHL. Wonkas Imagination Hockey League.

Next team: Oklahoma City Tornado. Keeping the team related to the Thunder in a way, but also bringing tornado alley into play. Again, a script maybe placed somewhere on the logo for the primary, but I don't know if I should just leave the crest as it is.

FASTRACK: (Teams Done)

Seattle Metropolitans

Madison Riots

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hmm interesting, appears to be a shoulder patch type of thing. Maybe work on the needle a bit and have it stick out past the Seattle Flag circle thing... Maybe another colour thrown in there too?

You really have something here though!

That looks really good. It fits Seattle perfectly, and it looks gorgeous. My only problem is that the colors look a lot like the Canucks. I've heard of people doing a darker shade of green to replace the blue, but I honestly think this looks better. Great Work.

spacer.png

I am one of the ones who likes the two-tone green look for Seattle, brings in the emerald aspect while remaining separate from Vancouver teams.

Coloration aside I think you've got a fabulous logo here, my only concern is that it has much more the look of a secondary to me than a primary, though that's true of some real-life logo sets as well so I might be the one who's a bit off.

I might use it for the shoulder. Then I would use my new 'S' logo I made for the jersey. But I think I would still call this the 'Primary' ....know what I mean? I don't think the 'S' is strong enough logo for the Primary

Thats a lot better. You could try taking a gamble back to the original Metros colours. Red, Green and Cream :P with green being the primary and possibly a darker green for outlining.

This logo's pretty sweet MrWonka.

The lighter green in the middle of the roundel takes on a cool "cog-wheel" look.

The way you've worked the hockey sticks into the tower is great!

However, the blades of the hockey sticks need to be flattened out.

If you make the blades horizontal, they'll look more like they should look.(That'll give ya about a #6 lie).

I'd love to see this in Black-green, Kelly-green and silver.

Keep at it. You're on to something good here.

Maybe reduce the navy to a very minimal trim color and use another shade of green (like the weaving line around the roundel is a darker green, but keep the thin line navy

AmPJ0Ty.png 

4579f92f39ce8b2554f830d583fa7ca0.png

CHANGED navy to green for these 4 choices. The top left has the same light green as before, the other ones have a darker light green. The bottom left is the only one with black green. And the bottom 2 have lighter silver. chooooose!!!

I like the colors in bottom left the best.

I am I the only one who is bothered that the top of the Space Needle appears twice in this logo? I'm not necessarily sure if the needle in the wordmark needs to be removed for the combination mark, but it seems a little redundant to me. Maybe remove the needle top and triangle outline from the wordmark banner and then make the banner a little bigger to fill that space, just a thought.

I really like where this is headed.

sig-01_zpsb2ab3976.png

I'm now creating my own little imagination hockey league, I want to do 30 teams for the fact that I would like to create every team in NHL 13/14 and then do a fantasy draft then simulating season by season. So Seattle Metropolitans are the first team. The next team coming up. Oklahoma City Tornado.

Archived