This is my attempt at modernizing the PCHA. I initially was just going to do a seattle metropolitans concept but since it seems like everyone is doing one, I decided to go a little bit further.

The full project can be viewed here.

First I updated the league logo.

PCHAlogo_zpsa33c4d4a.png

I wanted to retain the feel of the logo, its simplicity and black and white color scheme, while brining it into the 21st century.

Next up are the Portland Rosebuds

This may be one of my favorite concepts i've ever done, im extremely happy with how it came out. I really wanted to make the "rosebuds" intimidating.

Primary Logo

PortlandRosebudsLogo_zps5d2a6987.png

Secondary Logo

PortlandRosebudsAltLogo_zpsb5abacae.png

Alt Logo

PortlandRosebudsAlt2Logo_zps77763dd5.png

Home Uni

PortlandRosebudsHomeJersey_zps02192d52.png

Away Uni

PortlandRosebudsAwayJersey_zps132a032a.png

Alt Uni

PortlandRosebudsAltJersey_zpsf11d37c4.png

C&C appreciated

I really like the ideas here, butnot so much the results. Love Portland, but the primary logo isn't that great on it's own. The black set also needs some white in there somewhere. Also the number font I feel could be better.

Seattle is also good, I think the green needs white somewhere, but I like the other jerseys you have.

This will be a good series to follow.

Really interesting stuff J.

I like your Portland Alts, although a bit of white in there would help.

Red and green together tends to look a little muddy.

Your Mets "M" logo is solid. I like it.

The winged "A" of Victoria has got the potential to look great.

I think that you need to make the wings look a little more realistic with more of a wider-at-the-top shape.

Again, good stuff.

Do you have something against the color white? I just noticed that you use no white at all on the home jerseys. I think that's what was bothering me about Portland. Not so much the gratuitous amount of black, but the complete lack of white to balance it out.

yeah, everything is so dark. balance things with white, space colors out with white, dark colors should always be separated by something that contrasts well, like white.

The logos are great, the jerseys need work. just because it's modern doesn't mean it can't look a little traditional.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Archived