Most Famous Brand By State (Map)

illwauk

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those of you wondering, the Connecticut beer on that map is the Willimantic Brewing Company. WBC is a restaurant, and the beer is not known outside of the dining room. For CT, I would have gone with Thomas Hooker, I think.

For PA, the two most "recognizeable" (IMO) major corps are Heinz in Pittsburgh, and Comcast in Philadelphia. I guess Hershey is kinda sorta in the middle.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I think Google or Warner Brothers (or another Hollywood brand) might be more well known than Apple. It's debatable.

I think Disney would be more well known then those combined.

Agreed. In the second map, Walt Disney World is the logo for Florida, and while its probably one of the biggest brands associated with the state its not where they're from.

Then again that's the trouble with anything like this. You're always going to get someone who sees it differently.

And a bonus one for the German states:

markenrepublik_deutschland.png

This has kind of got lost in the debate, its equally as good a the US one. Only 6 of the companies I haven't heard of.. ;)

I'd love to see a UK on, although I'll admit, it'd be a bit tricky to do on account of how many counties we have.

6893352392_587cf4e9eb_n.jpg

For PA, the two most "recognizeable" (IMO) major corps are Heinz in Pittsburgh, and Comcast in Philadelphia. I guess Hershey is kinda sorta in the middle.

Comcast isn't nearly as recognized nationally as the other two... such is the nature of cable companies having monopolies over entire metro areas.

I'd say Heinz and Hershey are about equal as far as recognizability, although Hershey's more iconic logo gives it the nod.

Comcast isn't nearly as recognized nationally as the other two... such is the nature of cable companies having monopolies over entire metro areas.

I'd say Heinz and Hershey are about equal as far as recognizability, although Hershey's more iconic logo gives it the nod.

Agreed....Hershey probably has a much more recognizable brand international too.

And Yuengling for the beer one is spot on....my favorite ha

2nd map all the way! Do It Best is based in my hometown.

Green Bay Packers: 9x Pre-Super Bowl Era NFL Champions, 4x Super Bowl Champions, 3x NFC Champions

Indianapolis Colts: 2x Pre-Super Bowl Era NFL Champions, 2x Super Bowl Champions, 3x AFC Champions

Michigan Wolverines football: 11x National Champions, 8x Rose Bowl Champions, 3x Citrus/Capital One Bowl Champions

Detroit Tigers: 4x World Series Champions, 11x AL Pennant Winners

Detroit Pistons: 3x NBA Champions, 5x Eastern Conference Champions

I checked Wikipedia on the Saks in Alabama thing, and it's a stretch to say the least. There was a chain of stores in Knoxville, TN who bought lots of other department stores and eventually moved their headquarters to Birmingham, AL. The company bought the holding company for Sak's Fifth Avenue and then changed their name to Saks, Inc. So Saks, Inc. was "founded" in Alabama by renaming a holding company that owned a lot of department stores. The actual Saks Fifth Avenue was actually founded in NYC like you would think it was.

Pennsylvania's is perfect, America's oldest brewery-Yuengling

Except that mostly college kids drink it, and higher end places don't even carry it. PA has a ton of excellent craft breweries. Not up there with CA or New England, but I believe you can by Victory nationwide, so as someone in his mid 30s, I'd make that PAs beer now.

That's not the point, it makes sense to represent PA on this map. Of course there are many excellent craft brews, my home town(Easton) with Weyerbacher...etc.

I don't agree that just college kids drink it.

Agreed....Hershey probably has a much more recognizable brand international too.

And Yuengling for the beer one is spot on....my favorite ha

Crayola wouldn't be a bad one to rep PA as well.

Maybe it's just my sports perspective that colors my viewpoint but I would have guessed United Airlines for Illinois.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

For those of you wondering, the Connecticut beer on that map is the Willimantic Brewing Company. WBC is a restaurant, and the beer is not known outside of the dining room. For CT, I would have gone with Thomas Hooker, I think.

City Steam in Hartford. Its Naughty Nurse ale is available in a lot of places in central CT...not just at the restaurant.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Why is Verizon for NY? And GE in CT? General Electric the corporation was created in Schenectady NY and their research department still has a major presence in the city.

GE is headquartered in Connecticut.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived