Most Famous Brand By State (Map)

illwauk

Is that logo in Rhode Island for URI?

I would have thought Oregon instead of PSU, Montana instead of MSU, Texas instead of TAMU, Michigan instead of MSU, UVA instead of George Mason, and maybe UNC instead of NC State. I didn't recognize the NYU logo

yes its URI, and i agree with those too

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Typically the "Farm Schools" are larger than the University of insert state here schools due to space and perceived academic quality that comes from capping admissions. I can't speak for all states, but here in Texas, A&M just surpassed UT in enrollment not that long ago. The UT campus is surounded by downtown Austin on all sides and has no room to grow but up, while A&M is located in a college town and has tons of space to expand as west of campus is open fields.

I think a more interesting map would be one that shows which school has the highest enrollment of its state's natives. The enrollment at the flagship public university in a lot of states comes mostly from out of state.

For PA, the two most "recognizeable" (IMO) major corps are Heinz in Pittsburgh, and Comcast in Philadelphia. I guess Hershey is kinda sorta in the middle.

Comcast isn't nearly as recognized nationally as the other two... such is the nature of cable companies having monopolies over entire metro areas.

I'd say Heinz and Hershey are about equal as far as recognizability, although Hershey's more iconic logo gives it the nod.

Until they make a Heinz Ketchup World, I think Hershey will remain on top lol

My other guess would have been dividing the state between Wawa (Eastern) and Sheetz (Mid to Western)

• 2 weeks later...

For PA, the two most "recognizeable" (IMO) major corps are Heinz in Pittsburgh, and Comcast in Philadelphia. I guess Hershey is kinda sorta in the middle.

Comcast isn't nearly as recognized nationally as the other two... such is the nature of cable companies having monopolies over entire metro areas.

I'd say Heinz and Hershey are about equal as far as recognizability, although Hershey's more iconic logo gives it the nod.

Until they make a Heinz Ketchup World, I think Hershey will remain on top lol

My other guess would have been dividing the state between Wawa (Eastern) and Sheetz (Mid to Western)

I would favor literally dividing it, but that's a whole other topic.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• 2 weeks later...

I'm from Indianapolis and I have no idea what the companies for my state even do. I've never even heard of the second one: something something Best? I would have figured that it would be Eli Lilly or Anthem, but that could just be because they're so important to Indianapolis specifically.

championship_banners_sig_by_verasthebruj

History of a Fictional Football League (1989)

Thread - Logos - Uniforms - History

I'm from Indianapolis and I have no idea what the companies for my state even do. I've never even heard of the second one: something something Best? I would have figured that it would be Eli Lilly or Anthem, but that could just be because they're so important to Indianapolis specifically.

What is Indiana's list? I didn't recognize the logo on the map and couldn't find an explaination.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The first one is Cummings, and the second one has a few words that are too small to read and then the word Best. I've heard of Cummings, but only because they just bought the land from the Pacers' old stadium, and I have no idea who the second company could even be.

championship_banners_sig_by_verasthebruj

History of a Fictional Football League (1989)

Thread - Logos - Uniforms - History

The first one is Cummings, and the second one has a few words that are too small to read and then the word Best. I've heard of Cummings, but only because they just bought the land from the Pacers' old stadium, and I have no idea who the second company could even be.

The second one appears to be a store called "Do it Best". From what I can gather by looking at their site, they seem to be kind of like Lowes and Home Depot, with the exception that I've never heard of them.

http://www.doitbest.com/Main.aspx

Do%20It%20Best%20logo.jpg

Cummings is probably best known for manufacturing diesel engines for dodge/ram pickup trucks.

The second one appears to be a store called "Do it Best". From what I can gather by looking at their site, they seem to be kind of like Lowes and Home Depot, with the exception that I've never heard of them.

http://www.doitbest.com/Main.aspx

Do%20It%20Best%20logo.jpg

Think more of a slightly smaller Ace store rather than Lowes or Home Depot.

Cummings is probably best known for manufacturing diesel engines for dodge/ram pickup trucks.

*Cummins. Sorry, it's the little things that get me :) I'd say your right though.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

• 2 weeks later...

GM over Ford for Michigan? What's the criteria for selecting these? Without looking it up, I think GM has a stronger presence world-wide but Ford is distantly more Michigan to me.

At the time this map was made was when GM was Chevy, GMC, Buick, Cadillac, Pontiac, Saturn, Hummer, as well as Saab, Holden, Opel, Vauxhall etc. Ford only owned Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, Mazda, Aston, Jaguar, Volvo and Land Rover. Only 3 are American, whereas GM had 7 American brands, 8 if including Oldsmobile. It makes perfect sense that GM is the most popular.

GM over Ford for Michigan? What's the criteria for selecting these? Without looking it up, I think GM has a stronger presence world-wide but Ford is distantly more Michigan to me.

At the time this map was made was when GM was Chevy, GMC, Buick, Cadillac, Pontiac, Saturn, Hummer, as well as Saab, Holden, Opel, Vauxhall etc. Ford only owned Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, Mazda, Aston, Jaguar, Volvo and Land Rover. Only 3 are American, whereas GM had 7 American brands, 8 if including Oldsmobile. It makes perfect sense that GM is the most popular.

Yeah, but I wonder how much the average American actually knows about "GM". The name isn't actually on the cars, except for GMC kinda. It took me a while into my pop-culture-aware life before I learned that GM was actually Chevrolet, Cadillac, etc. I think GM is a bigger company, but Ford is the bigger brand.

Pretty sure the map is made of the Company that made the most money that year. That's why its GM. Actually surveying which company is most popular would be annoying, timely and useless.

Archived