Infringement Scavenger Hunt

GFB

Hey guys... I was recently made aware of the "NSFL," which is seemingly a spring semi-pro league. While someone involved within the league is a big fan of concepts (and safe to say, some questionable taste as well), it also opened the door for a lot of "borrowing" from other logos... See for yourself:

http://gonsfl.com/teams/

Making the assumption that everything is "borrowed," I thought we could turn it into a game... Rules to start:

- Try to limit your answers to one-logo-per-person at the beginning so everyone can get a chance...

- Double points for finding elements from multiple images.

So can you guys find all the "source" logos?

I'll get us going:

brooklynfire.png

+

stock-vector-fire-axe-cross-107215373.jpg

=

cropped-i-texas-heatseekers.jpg

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They even had the guts to rip off one of CCSLC's finest.

Jaha32's Louisville Racers logo from the EBA:

louisville_racers_basketball_logo_by_designsbyhahn-d4ya5zu.jpg

Kentucky Thoroughbreds:

cropped-i-kentucky-thoroughbreds.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Kinda sad, considering these are atleast, how can I say this, quality ripoffs? They've tried with more talent than most...

West-Michigan-Whitecaps.jpg

New-Michigan-State-Football-Jersey-White-Green.jpg

cropped-i-florida-tide.jpg

I don't get what MSU has to do with that logo.

I think he's referring to the notches in the font... But I don't think the fonts are the same.

They even had the guts to rip off one of CCSLC's finest.

Jaha32's Louisville Racers logo from the EBA:

louisville_racers_basketball_logo_by_designsbyhahn-d4ya5zu.jpg

Kentucky Thoroughbreds:

cropped-i-kentucky-thoroughbreds.jpg

I'm not seeing this one at all. The shading around the eye is similar, but I wouldn't call it infringement or a ripoff.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I'd call the Racers logo a bigger ripoff of the Mavs than I would the Thoroughbreds a rip off of the Racers

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Look at the nose, mouth and shadow around the eye. Its nearly exact.

You also have to rotate the logo about 30 degrees counterclockwise.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

HorseCompare_zps02990938.png

At the very least, it's a tracing... the mouth, nose, and "racing hood(?)" are 95% the same...

My guess is that the "artist" took the face of Jaha's horse and merged it with a stretched Boise State logo (or something along those lines).

HorseCompare_zps02990938.png

At the very least, it's a tracing... the mouth, nose, and "racing hood(?)" are 95% the same...

My guess is that the "artist" took the face of Jaha's horse and merged it with a stretched Boise State logo (or something along those lines).

It's actually just a copy of one of the earlier versions.

Racers_zps6c4b2214.jpg?t=1373653534

Archived