Infringement Scavenger Hunt

GFB

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is probably the most obvious one that I saw. Also, what were they thinking by putting Goodyear on the tire. It's as if they are just asking for a lawsuit.

cropped-i-arizona-racers.jpg

yo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

goodyear-logo3.gif

Sporting Venue Count (for games): OHL: 19 (28 Total)- 770 games (after 18-19),

MLB: 13 (15 Total), NHL: 4

• 1 month later...

200px-Tampa_Bay_Buccaneers_logo_old.svg.

Bucco Bruce + crossed hockey sticks, probably clipart

=

Romford_Raiders_logo.gif

Considering Google didn't exist in 1987, I can't help but wonder how they got hold of the Bucs logo in the first place.

That's pretty common over here - my old university uses a recoloured Carolina Hurricanes logo for their sports teams (used to be green & black, apparently it's purple & black now):

4ad2f4ea49647cccee6e4ad83a522ff6.jpeg

That's pretty common over here

It is. And it's downright embarassing. On a side note, I may have once played against the green and black Hurricanes during my brief tenure with the Anglia Ruskin Phantoms. And we probably definitely lost quite badly.

Speaking of which, the Phantoms logo was basically an upside down flame shape taken straight out of Photoshop:

black.png

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

That's pretty common over here

It is. And it's downright embarassing. On a side note, I may have once played against the green and black Hurricanes during my brief tenure with the Anglia Ruskin Phantoms. And we probably definitely lost quite badly.

Speaking of which, the Phantoms logo was basically an upside down flame shape taken straight out of Photoshop:

black.png

The football field at U of H was right outside my flat, so I used to pop down on Sundays and play "spot the recoloured logo"... I did a bit of graphic design work for the uni whilst I was there, and I offered to design a new logo for the sports teams, but was turned down. I'll have to see if I've still got the sketches I did.

I used to play basketball for my local amateur team in the late 90s/early 00s - we were called the Cobras, and used a crappy clip art snake for our logo. But one year, for some reason, we were renamed the Sonics, and ripped off the Seattle Supersonics' 90s-era secondary logo. Didn't even change or recolour it, just used the exact same logo. It was a baffling move, especially since our colours were navy & red...

They even had the guts to rip off one of CCSLC's finest.

Jaha32's Louisville Racers logo from the EBA:

louisville_racers_basketball_logo_by_des

Kentucky Thoroughbreds:

cropped-i-kentucky-thoroughbreds.jpg

Isn't the racers logo pretty much a rip off of the mavericks?

Not at all!

ifk08eam05rwxr3yhol3whdcm.gif

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Kentucky Thoroughbreds:

Not at all!

Not sure if serious or sarcastic

thundersignature.png

and

sport-scarf_bucs_zpsc424092b.png

Kentucky Thoroughbreds:

Not at all!

Not sure if serious or sarcastic

Serious. There are tonnes of differences.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived