dougsanders

Hey everyone!

My name is Doug Sanders and I'm an artist based out of Philadelphia with a strong passion for sketching and designing sports logos. I've gotten feedback that my designs could really go somewhere, and I'd love to get some feedback from everyone on the forum, thanks so much!

These are just a few of my designs:

Colorado Rockies:

9wq2TbI.jpg

New York Yankees:

iwRrZhV.jpg

Miami Heat:

UISEYtM.jpg

Los Angeles Kings:

BOm1JRj.jpg

Chicago Blackhawks:

DP6DVex.jpg

Philadelphia Flyers:

99F7So0.jpg

Philadelphia Seventy Sixers:

lCn1T0W.jpg

Philadelphia Eagles:

QKpye0o.jpg

Philadelphia Phillies:

a5BWYQK.jpg

Kansas City Cheifs

XQ407Mt.jpg

Guest darkpiranha

Looks good! I second the motion that you will really benefit from learning to use a graphics program. Not that your artwork isn't good, but that you'll find your creativity and ability to tweak and modify a design will increase exponentially. Clearly you have some skill as an artist, so I'd expect you to take to a graphics program pretty quickly.

Welcome to the boards, and ignore anyone who gives you a hard time about a team's logos "not needing to be redesigned". You'll get a lot of that, especially for teams like the Yankees and Blackhawks. Ignore them. This is a 'concepts' forum, so you can do whatever you want with as much disregard for what a team would "really do" as you'd like. These are all really intriguing, especially the Yankees and Flyers. I'd love for those to be the first two you do when you start messing with some graphics programs.

• 1 year later...

you can draw well enough to get your ideas across (unlike me) so software is optional for you unless you want to be a bit more pro. I admire your creativity on all these. Some ideas just made more sense then others. If you drop the hockey stick on the Rockies you have a great new hat logo and the Flyers logo has a lot of potential.

jaker52sig.png

signatureofteams.jpg

MUNCHEN LOWEN (WAFA) GULF SHORES OSPREYS (IBL)

I am a die-hard Eagles and Phillies fan, and I don't like either logo. The eagles one is wierd because it looks like somebody shoved an eagle into an E-shaped cookie cutter. Only the Fallcons can pull that off. Maybe if you change the shape of the E? The Phillies one is looking ood, but the other P backwards and in the other P is jarring to the eye. I love what you did with the Avs, Flyers, Kings and Yankees. Great concept, I wish I could draw like that!

tinysig.jpg

Archived