2013 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos

canzman

Is it just me, or is the Chargers' All-white look by far the best look in their overall uniform set?

No question about it. It really works for them.

As I have stated before, the Chargers should s-can those hideous navy pants. They are awful and the way-too-big white stripe ruins it. Instead add yellow/gold pants to their set.

They could wear navy jerseys with either white or yellow/gold pants. And white jerseys with either white or yellow/gold pants. And then wear the always popular powder blue jerseys with white pants for one game and yellow/gold pants for one game.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there any truth that the Philadelphia Eagles will wear white jerseys for all their games, except in Dallas?

No.

They will also be in green jerseys in Tampa and I am sure they will wear them for most of their home games.

The question will be with Kelly now in charge and with him coming from Oregon, if the Eagles finally reintroduce the one look I have been asking for....green jerseys and green pants. Its one of the looks in the NFL that has been missing in recent years that would look really good.

Of course, I have also been asking for the Titans to finally wear the Columbia blue jerseys and white pants for years and that still hasn't happened. Maybe now that they finally changed up their looks (had become extremely predictable and stagnant in recent years) with the navy pants returning on the road for the game in Pitt that the Titans will start mixing-and-matching a touch. Their uniforms generally suck, but they could at least look 'better' occasionally.

Of course, I have also been asking for the Titans to finally wear the Columbia blue jerseys and white pants for years and that still hasn't happened. Maybe now that they finally changed up their looks (had become extremely predictable and stagnant in recent years) with the navy pants returning on the road for the game in Pitt that the Titans will start mixing-and-matching a touch. Their uniforms generally suck, but they could at least look 'better' occasionally.

Keep in mind they'll also be wearing their navy jerseys for the first time since the 2008 preseason.

Keep in mind they'll also be wearing their navy jerseys for the first time since the 2008 preseason. This means (assuming they haven't ditched the white-over-columbia road combo) that we'll see at least four combinations this season. I've grown very tired of the same two combos so I'm excited to see what they do this season.

For good measure, here's every combination they're ever worn:

QubVv.jpg

Dark over white: worn regularly until 2005, last worn in 2008

Dark over dark: first worn in 2006, last worn in 2008

Dark over light: worn twice in 2007 I believe

Light over light: first worn in 2006, last worn in 2009

Light over dark: first worn in 2004, became primary in 2006

White over light: first worn in 2006, became primary same year

White over white: worn twice, once in 2002 and once in 2006

White over dark: worn regularly until 2006, this last week was the first time since 2010

Light over white: never

They were interesting in 2006-2009, wearing seven combinations in 2006, six in 2007, five in 2008, five in 2009 (including home and away throwbacks), three in 2010 and only the two dreadfully boring primaries ever since (excluding this week's white over navy game)

Light over white was worn never in a game. It was, however, worn by Rob Bironas in a commercial a few years ago. Maybe they're trying to avoid looking too much like the Oilers?

yKNDEc9.png

Is there any truth that the Philadelphia Eagles will wear white jerseys for all their games, except in Dallas?

No.

They will also be in green jerseys in Tampa and I am sure they will wear them for most of their home games.

The question will be with Kelly now in charge and with him coming from Oregon, if the Eagles finally reintroduce the one look I have been asking for....green jerseys and green pants. Its one of the looks in the NFL that has been missing in recent years that would look really good.

I certainly hope not, yikes!!!

In the late 90s after they changed their uniforms to the current ones they wore the monochrome dark green for a Monday Night game against the SF 49ers and it looked absolutely dreadful IMO.

To each his own I guess.

This was the Ravens home opener last year... looks like they are wearing Purple to me.

20120910_ajl_ax1_058_extra_large_medium.

But that was a night game. When the Ravens play their home opener during the day, they usually wear white at home.

The Ravens wore white in the home opener against the Steelers in 2011. The September 11 game. http://www.gettyimages.com/Search/Search.aspx?contractUrl=2&language=en-US&family=editorial&p=steelers+ravens+2011&assetType=image#9

This was the Ravens home opener last year... looks like they are wearing Purple to me.

But that was a night game. When the Ravens play their home opener during the day, they usually wear white at home.

The Ravens wore white in the home opener against the Steelers in 2011. The September 11 game. http://www.gettyimages.com/Search/Search.aspx?contractUrl=2&language=en-US&family=editorial&p=steelers+ravens+2011&assetType=image#9

My point is they have done both... you made it sound as if it is a given that they always do one over the other.

Ravens home opener 9/26/2010 vs. Browns and they wore Purple.

http://www.nfl.com/photos/09000d5d81ad24bc/09000d5d81ad58b6

No. They only wear white at home in September unless it's a primetime game

btw canz, your week 1 pics still have the Eagles in white/white when they wore white/green. The white/white combo is rarely used in the regular season

I have a 2 year old and a 6 week old at home... please give me at least 24 hours to make corrections. I check every game the following morning once I have a minute to sit down and do so. Things will get corrected.

My point is they have done both... you made it sound as if it is a given that they always do one over the other.

But you didn't say they've done both, you're going off of last year, and I was implying the opposite of what you said; "you made it sound as if it is a given that they always do one over the other". Which is why I showed you the other instance of what they did.

The Cleveland home opener in 2010 was a late September game. Where heat in most places in the country cools down by then.

Here are the games before 2010. The 2009 and 2008 home openers.

Chiefs game 2009 http://www.gettyimages.com/Search/Search.aspx?contractUrl=2&language=en-US&family=editorial&p=chiefs+ravens+2009&assetType=image#2

Bengals game 2008 http://www.gettyimages.com/Search/Search.aspx?contractUrl=2&language=en-US&family=editorial&assetType=image&mt=photography&p=bengals+ravens+2008#4

QubVv.jpg

At first glance, the 3 combos shown that I like the most are

1. Navy blue jerseys and light blue pants.

2. White jerseys and light blue pants

3. White jerseys and white pants.

And the combo not shown and never worn that NEEDS to be worn is light blue jerseys and white pants. Its really the only combo with the light blue jerseys that actually works. Have no earthly idea why they have never worn this. Maybe too "Oilery"? But if that was the case, they never would have added the light blue pants and worn them with the white jerseys. That is a true "Oiler" look.

Tennessee could use a redesign but until they do they are kinda stuck with what they have got. Wish they'd use what they got a little better.

No.

In the late 90s after they changed their uniforms to the current ones they wore the monochrome dark green for a Monday Night game against the SF 49ers and it looked absolutely dreadful IMO.

To each his own I guess.

Reid also said a while back (while coaching the Eagles) that they wouldn't wear the black jerseys over green pants....but I guess that's open game now, too.

No.

To each his own I guess.

Reid also said a while back (while coaching the Eagles) that they wouldn't wear the black jerseys over green pants....but I guess that's open game now, too.

I dont think they have black jerseys anymore

No.

To each his own I guess.

Actually the black jersey is still listed in the official 2013 uniform guide. Now if they decide to actually wear them is a different story. Many teams have a 3rd option but don't wear them on a regular basis.

The Browns still has a throwback in their 2013 guide and have had them as an official option since 2006 but the last time they wore them was 2008.

The Giants still have the red alternate jersey listed in their 2013 uniform guide but the last time it was actually worn was 2007.

The Colts throwbacks are still in the 2013 uniform guide but wear last worn in 2010.

The Falcons still have the black throwback in the 2013 uniform guide but have elected not to wear them this year.

Just b/c you haven't seen an "option" for a few years doesn't mean that they did away with it. Could be they are just electing not to use it.

No.

To each his own I guess.

Actually the black jersey is still listed in the official 2013 uniform guide. Now if they decide to actually wear them is a different story. Many teams have a 3rd option but don't wear them on a regular basis.

The Browns still has a throwback in their 2013 guide and have had them as an official option since 2006 but the last time they wore them was 2008.

The Giants still have the red alternate jersey listed in their 2013 uniform guide but the last time it was actually worn was 2007.

The Colts throwbacks are still in the 2013 uniform guide but wear last worn in 2010.

The Falcons still have the black throwback in the 2013 uniform guide but have elected not to wear them this year.

Just b/c you haven't seen an "option" for a few years doesn't mean that they did away with it. Could be they are just electing not to use it.

Well i know last year they said they were not using the black unis anymore

But you didn't say they've done both, you're going off of last year, and I was implying the opposite of what you said; "you made it sound as if it is a given that they always do one over the other". Which is why I showed you the other instance of what they did.

The Cleveland home opener in 2010 was a late September game. Where heat in most places in the country cools down by then.

Here are the games before 2010. The 2009 and 2008 home openers.

Chiefs game 2009 http://www.gettyimages.com/Search/Search.aspx?contractUrl=2&language=en-US&family=editorial&p=chiefs+ravens+2009&assetType=image#2

Bengals game 2008 http://www.gettyimages.com/Search/Search.aspx?contractUrl=2&language=en-US&family=editorial&assetType=image&mt=photography&p=bengals+ravens+2008#4

The Ravens will be wearing purple jerseys for Sundays game against the Browns. http://www.baltimoreravens.com/gameday/game/2013/regular2

I do remember them wearing their white jerseys at home against the Steelers in 2011. They also wore them at home back in 2004 against the Steelers. Both games were the Ravens home openers those years.

Honestly those all look good except for white on navy. If they just changed their number font (even a small tweak would improve it IMO) and matched the helmet stripe with the pants stripe, I think that would be a big upgrade.

I too would like to see Columbia over white.

QubVv.jpg

At first glance, the 3 combos shown that I like the most are

1. Navy blue jerseys and light blue pants.

2. White jerseys and light blue pants

3. White jerseys and white pants.

And the combo not shown and never worn that NEEDS to be worn is light blue jerseys and white pants. Its really the only combo with the light blue jerseys that actually works. Have no earthly idea why they have never worn this. Maybe too "Oilery"? But if that was the case, they never would have added the light blue pants and worn them with the white jerseys. That is a true "Oiler" look.

Tennessee could use a redesign but until they do they are kinda stuck with what they have got. Wish they'd use what they got a little better.

I don't remember the Titans ever wearing all white, but I think it looks really good. I still also like their original navy on white look.

And unpopular opinion alert, but I actually really like the light blue on light blue combo. Especially for big games under the lights.

White on white has only been done twice, that's probably why you don't remember it. Honestly, the only combination I'm not a fan of is light blue over navy, and of course it's the one they insist on going with...

And light blue on light blue is actually my favorite combo worn by them. I wish they'd break it out again.

Archived