2013 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos

canzman

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Bills uni's are full of awesomeness.

And to the poster who said that NFL teams aren't wearing specific uni's at home due to them being shipped over to London for their overseas game, c'mon man!! LOL.

I'm pretty sure NFL teams would have multiple sets of a specific uni in the players locker for the game. Just in case the players want to change out during halftime, due to rain, cold, sweat, a ripped jersey/pants, etc...

So Buffalo and Chicago were wearing their regular helmets with their alternate uniforms?

Yes, Chicago took the logo off totally, and Buffalo peeled off the current logo and stuck the standing Buffalo one in there.

Probably means the Cowboys won't be using the white helmets for the US Thanksgiving game.

With the billions of dollars the NFL has, you'd think that they could get a second set of helmets that fit.

Plus, given the impact and abuse helmets take week to week, is it not a good idea to replace them every 5 or 6 games anyways, and not wear the same one all season?

Also, any speculation when Seattle may bust out the Wolf Grey jersey (and I assume, Wolf Grey pants) this year?

Certainly not at home; my guess is against the Giants, though not sure if both teams can wear the same color pants. Maybe against the Rams if they are going monochrome blue full time now.

So Buffalo and Chicago were wearing their regular helmets with their alternate uniforms?

Yes, Chicago took the logo off totally, and Buffalo peeled off the current logo and stuck the standing Buffalo one in there.

Probably means the Cowboys won't be using the white helmets for the US Thanksgiving game.

With the billions of dollars the NFL has, you'd think that they could get a second set of helmets that fit.

Plus, given the impact and abuse helmets take week to week, is it not a good idea to replace them every 5 or 6 games anyways, and not wear the same one all season?

Which means the Bills did more than just remove the charging Bison in exchange for the red grazing Bison, but also swapped the centre striping from the newer 2011 version for the 1965 stripes that didn't widen towards the back of the helmet while adding a small grazing Bison logo to the front of the gray face-mask.

No wonder this is the No-Fun-League ... and it was approved John York of the 49ers who co-chairman's the committee on this, an owner whose team wears no throwbacks.

I guess that is why Atlanta didn't schedule to wear their 1966 throwbacks, and now we won't see Dallas' really cool looking early 60's faux throwback on Thanksgiving Day as mentioned above, or New England's 'Pat Patriot' throwback.

Washington had the coolest looking throwback helmet last season for their 80th anniversary. Let's hope this new rule goes away and fast!!!

I found it hard to believe until stumbling upon a different article on NFL.com which verified this fully and explained in more detail:

http://www.nflevolution.com/article/tampa-bay-buccaneers-shelve-%27creamsicle%27-uniforms-for-safety?ref=0ap1000000246440

The Bills uni's are full of awesomeness.

Except for the socks. This sucks.

Jairus+Byrd+Buffalo+Bills+v+Arizona+Card

Not to mention the different colored stripes on a white background.

Agreed!!

All Buffalo has to do is make the socks white at the top and shelve the royal. The stripes in the centre are perfect.

The Bills had those socks in the first-half of 2011 when wearing the all-white uniform, which seemed to be meant for the blue pants which didn't break out until the game in AZ in 2012.

Speaking of the Bills, they just announced that they will wear their away white jerseys with white pants at home on November 3 against Kansas City.

@buffalobills: The #Bills will wear white at home against the @KCChiefs. #WHITEOUT

I suppose they didn't refer to pants and there really is no precedent. Two years ago they wore all-white against the Jets. Last year they wore white jersey and blue pants against the Dolphins.

Very, very interesting.

Vikings havent worn white at home since the 70's

1964, to be exact. That's the year the NFL started allowing teams to wear white at home if they wanted to. I believe a majority of the NFL did so that year. That was also the year the Vikes showed up in their white jerseys/purple pants combo for a home game against Detroit...who weren't told and showed up in their road whites. The Vikes had to change their unis at halftime. I'm sure someone has some pics...

White party!!!!

3425970099_823ed1c57e_o.jpg

3425969977_3e30532da5_o.jpg

The best part was after the Vikes changed they came out in...wait for it.... PURPLE MONOCHROME!!

3426779640_3dcc827a9f_o.jpg

BREAKING NEWS: The Tampa Bay Buccaneers will NOT be wearing their orange creamsicle throwbacks in Week 4 vs. the Cardinals due to the NFL's restriction on alternate helmets.

So what this means really is that the same shell always needs to be used. As such some team could still wear their throwback with no visible change to the look of the throwback as it would just mean changing the decals and maybe the facemask.

However some teams are now unable to wear their throwback or if they chose to still wear it it will be with either A. with the current helmet as is, or B. the current helmet with no or different decals.

So here is what we can expect or have seen for teams that actually have a throwback option in their current sets:

Bills changed all the decals on their current helmets for last Sundays game. (Center stripe and side logos)

Bears removed decals and changed facemask on current helmets for last Sundays game.

Explains why both the Falcons and Jets have already stated that they not wearing their throwbacks this year

Explains why we did not see Patriots throwbacks last Thursday as well

Buccaneers have opted out of throwbacks as their only option would have been to wear the creamsicles with logoless pewter helmets with orange facemasks

Packers and Redskins have to opt out of throwbacks unless the want to wear them with logoless current helmets and swap out current facemasks for gray.

Steelers already just wear current helmet with the bumblebees so no change there.

Lions just remove all decals when they elect to wear throwbacks so no change there

Browns although they haven't worn their throwbacks since 2008 if they elected to do so they just change center stripe decal and add side helmet numbers to current helmets.

Saints last wore their throwback in 2011 and they just changed side logos and stayed with black facemasks that time so no change there if they wear them.

Rams will likely just change decals on current helmets for throwbacks so shade of blue will look slightly off rather than not wear the throwback.

Cowboys will probably opt out over wearing throwback as it means current helmet as is or current helmet with throwback decals

Colts haven't worn throwback since 2010 and will probably continue not to now given this new helmet rule

I just read that the packers will wear their throwbacks with the yellow helmet without the stripes and logo against Cleveland week 7.

I wish the Packers would scrap the 1920s jerseys, and wear something during the Lombardi era. Maybe the 1961 (the first NFL title under Lombardi), jerseys like the thick Northwestern stripes, crazy numeral font, and no logo on their helmet. That would be my wish.

Archived