2013 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos

canzman

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Arizona Cardinals just announced today (September 30) that the team will wear their alternate black jerseys against the Carolina Panthers this Sunday (Week 5 - October 6).

What is it about the playing the Panthers that makes teams want to break out the alternates or throwbacks?? This is like the 10th time in the last 3 seasons this has happened.

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

Though it was previously posted here, the Denver Broncos WILL wear their alternate navy blue uniforms (with the matching navy blue pants) at Dallas this Sunday, which I find rather odd, being that they (the Broncos) are the visiting team. Per Mike Klis of the Denver Post, it will be the ONLY game during the 2013 season in which the Broncos will wear something other than white jerseys on the road and orange jerseys at home.

The Broncos wore navy blue for a November home game against the Chargers last season (2012), which was designated as the NFL's "Salute to Service" game. I thought that the Broncos would maybe bust out the all-blue uniforms against the Chiefs next month (November 17), which is the team's dedication to the U.S. military. Well, not the case anymore.

Though it was previously posted here, the Denver Broncos WILL wear their alternate navy blue uniforms (with the matching navy blue pants) at Dallas this Sunday, which I find rather odd, being that they (the Broncos) are the visiting team. Per Mike Klis of the Denver Post, it will be the ONLY game during the 2013 season in which the Broncos will wear something other than white jerseys on the road and orange jerseys at home.

The Broncos wore navy blue for a November home game against the Chargers last season (2012), which was designated as the NFL's "Salute to Service" game. I thought that the Broncos would maybe bust out the all-blue uniforms against the Chiefs next month (November 17), which is the team's dedication to the U.S. military. Well, not the case anymore.

Why a road game, especially at Dallas? Doesn't make sense. They have a right to wear the alternates twice a year. They should wear alternate in front of their own fans once, maybe twice. Whoever thought of this idea must not have any brain cells inside their head. Sorry to be rude.

I really like the Broncos navy jerseys, they are nice, and they won back to back Super Bowls because of them. I'm not saying go back to the navies as their primary jersey, but wear them twice a year at HOME.

Why a road game, especially at Dallas? Doesn't make sense. They have a right to wear the alternates twice a year. They should wear alternate in front of their own fans once, maybe twice. Whoever thought of this idea must not have any brain cells inside their head. Sorry to be rude.

I really like the Broncos navy jerseys, they are nice, and they won back to back Super Bowls because of them. I'm not saying go back to the navies as their primary jersey, but wear them twice a year at HOME.

From what I can tell, the fans pretty much pushed out the blue in favor of orange, and have embraced the whole United in Orange thing, making it pretty hard for them to want the blue jerseys back. What a shame, I think the blue should be the primary, just because the logos and the rest of the set revolves around blue, not orange.

spacer.png

You give laundry a lot of credit. :upside:

The Broncos are defined by orange, especially locally. No one in the NFL stakes its claim in the color like the Broncos, and as such, the fans readily embrace it, especially in light of the fact that navy jerseys in the NFL are ubiquitous. The all-blues are a nice set to have and use just as Denver is doing - as a once per year treat. The fact that they're doing it on the road is a non-issue, as if wearing them in Dallas will somehow deprive Broncos fans of seeing them sport the set.

except that the whole NFL breast cancer thing has already been shown to be mostly a farce

http://jezebel.com/5950971/the-nfls-campaign-against-breast-cancer-is-a-total-scam

Right, it's obviously a farce because it says so on the internet, which is, of course, never wrong.

Did you read the article? This is hardly the only expose out their on these so called awareness campaigns. I mean it's not that hard to believe that multi-billion dollar corporations create fake or half-assed charitable marketing capaigns to sucker in individuals into consuming their products is it?

As it's the time of year for this subject to raise it's ugly head; Raising awareness is not a charitable act nor should it be commended when you have millions of dollars at your disposal and spend most of the funds in marketing and self promotion but I digress. Donating directly to research and volunteering is actual charity.

This pink for a month in the nfl needs to end now. Keep it to a week and move on.

except that the whole NFL breast cancer thing has already been shown to be mostly a farce

http://jezebel.com/5950971/the-nfls-campaign-against-breast-cancer-is-a-total-scam

Right, it's obviously a farce because it says so on the internet, which is, of course, never wrong.

Did you read the article? This is hardly the only expose out their on these so called awareness campaigns. I mean it's not that hard to believe that multi-billion dollar corporations create fake or half-assed charitable marketing capaigns to sucker in individuals into consuming their products is it?

As it's the time of year for this subject to raise it's ugly head; Raising awareness is not a charitable act nor should it be commended when you have millions of dollars at your disposal and spend most of the funds in marketing and self promotion but I digress. Donating directly to research and volunteering is actual charity.

This pink for a month in the nfl needs to end now. Keep it to a week and move on.

I hate the pink equipment and the way it ruins the looks of the teams and also think the dollar is the driving force behind the NFL doing this, but the woman who wrote that article sounds like some kind of crazy, angry feminist who is not happy unless she's complaining about something. The comments from regular readers seem to indicate the same. She's screeching more from emotion, not facts.

87Redskins.png

Was hoping to see my Eagles wear white pants this week too. Oh well.

They rarely wear white/white in the regular season. I know they did it at Tampa last year and at Jacksonville in 2010, but other than that, I don't remember any other times in the last 10 years

Here's the other Eagles white/white games since 2003:

In 2007: Week 1 at Green Bay

In 2003: Week 1 vs. Tampa Bay, Week 2 vs. New England, Week 4 at Buffalo.

That's right, I remember those games. Thanks!

Philadelphia+Eagles+v+Green+Bay+Packers+

Found a picture of the packers game in case you were interested

Love SD in all white. Would like to see TB wear the white pants at home. And would like to see Dallas wear blue more.

Was hoping to see my Eagles wear white pants this week too. Oh well.

TB would look good in white pants, if they wear the red jerseys, not so much with the white jerseys. Cowboys never wanted to wear blue at home during the Tex Schramm era, but now that he is gone, I think the Cowboys should go out and wear blue for a few home games, not all of them, but a few. I think doing it in primetime games (a la the Miami Dolphins), and maybe their Thanksgiving game would be the perfect time for them to wear blue jerseys in front of their own fans. I think Cowboy fans would have a very huge positive reaction if they decide to do that.

I like it the way it is, green silver and all.

newsig.jpg

The Broncos are defined by orange, especially locally. No one in the NFL stakes its claim in the color like the Broncos, and as such, the fans readily embrace it, especially in light of the fact that navy jerseys in the NFL are ubiquitous. The all-blues are a nice set to have and use just as Denver is doing - as a once per year treat. The fact that they're doing it on the road is a non-issue, as if wearing them in Dallas will somehow deprive Broncos fans of seeing them sport the set.

Bengals and orange though...?

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

I hate the pink equipment and the way it ruins the looks of the teams and also think the dollar is the driving force behind the NFL doing this, but the woman who wrote that article sounds like some kind of crazy, angry feminist who is not happy unless she's complaining about something. The comments from regular readers seem to indicate the same. She's screeching more from emotion, not facts.

Would you prefer I linked the Business Insider article in which that one was based on, which was written by a man, so you dont have to see a female author and automatically think "angry feminist"?

Bengals and orange though...?

Other teams have orange in their scheme, sure, but no one really grabs hold and owns it like the Broncos. The orange jerseys that Cincy, Miami and Cleveland wore were all alternates that have for the most part come and gone (excepting Cincy), and are really a secondary emphasis overall to their identities.

Only recently have the Broncos as an entity officially re-embraced it, with new orange decor in the stadium, switching to orange at home full time and changing taglines from "Broncos Country" to "United In Orange."

Would you prefer I linked the Business Insider article in which that one was based on, which was written by a man, so you dont have to see a female author and automatically think "angry feminist"?

I pretty sure anyone would think she's an angry feminist after she dropped a couple f bombs at the beginning of the article.

How do I embed a tweet?

Pretty sure you can't. The best you can do is screenshot or just quote it.

spacer.png

I really hope I'm wrong. But news out of Cleveland is that they are going orange-brown-brown-brown tonight for the first time ever.

I just don't get why they don't bring back the orange pants....everybody wants them back, and nobody likes the plain brown.

MrHankey.jpg

Archived